What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out with Lui, in with...

stompin

Juniors
JAMES MALONEY.

I had just started to warm to Rob Lui given his encouraging late season form. It looked like he had really started to settle in a bit more, and iron some of his defensive issues out.

However, there is no place in ANY football club for that type of idiot who belts his girlfriend/wife or any female. I am completely embarrassed to be a tigers supporter, even though i have physically done nothing wrong. His actions bring the club down.

ANYHOW.

James Maloney. Great player, good defensive half, can organise a team, and has a great kicking and short passing game. He is the kind of halfback we need at the club. AND, he is a goal kicker! Dont we need one of those!

Jacob Miller needs to bulk up a bit to be our first choice half but he also needs someone he can learn off, and we dont have that right now.

Thats just my opinion, thoughts?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
No.

We need someone with a great long kicking game. Maloney for mine doesn't fit the bill in that area for mine.

Prince would be fine as he wouldn't have the pressures of being a playmaker on his head either, he can sit back and steer the side, essentially taking the pressure of Farah and Benji.

But at this stage, out with Lui and in with Miller.

We need a fullback pronto!

God-King Dean

Immortal
p32_John-Morris.jpg

p32_John-Morris.jpg

p32_John-Morris.jpg

p32_John-Morris.jpg

God King Dean, you are placing yourself in danger by dredging up such horrific memories for us, please refrain. Wow Wee mate.

Radical Rat

Juniors
JAMES MALONEY.

I had just started to warm to Rob Lui given his encouraging late season form. It looked like he had really started to settle in a bit more, and iron some of his defensive issues out.

However, there is no place in ANY football club for that type of idiot who belts his girlfriend/wife or any female. I am completely embarrassed to be a tigers supporter, even though i have physically done nothing wrong. His actions bring the club down.

ANYHOW.

James Maloney. Great player, good defensive half, can organise a team, and has a great kicking and short passing game. He is the kind of halfback we need at the club. AND, he is a goal kicker! Dont we need one of those!

Jacob Miller needs to bulk up a bit to be our first choice half but he also needs someone he can learn off, and we dont have that right now.

Thats just my opinion, thoughts?

Maloney would be absolutely perfect for us.

N.C.

Juniors
i understand there will be story in both the tele and smh regarding wt official seen chatting with tc's manager
Wow. A club official talking to a player manager in the off-season? This can only mean one thing...!

Can't wait to read that article.

stompin

Juniors
John Grant is going to be our answer at fullback.

He is built like josh dugan and his evasive and awkward running style makes him hard to tackle.

Big fullbacks are under utilised in the NRL and i think that we are really going to benefit from his signing.

Mad Unit.. Benji doesnt fit the goal kicking area for mine, but that doesnt mean he wont be good for the team. Maloney has a decent kicking game, has to be better than Rob Lui's, who occasionally would belt one down the field, but more often that not find a winger or fullback on the full.

Last edited:
More than happy with Orford or Prince for two years as organisers.
Far better option than Miller ATM.

If Miller is worth his salt he'll learn on the training paddock from either of these two classy halves.

simmo1

First Grade
We could do much worse than Maloney, but I'm not sure where you came up with him being a 'defensive half'?

stompin

Juniors
He is a solid little defender, doesnt drop off too many tackles, stats show that.

I dont know why anyone would be happy to accept prince or orford? Why not go for Maloney, he is off contract next season. He would be a great fit.

Vic Mackey

Referee
i would froth if we got maloney, would compliment marshall perfectly imo

wont happen though. someone like penrith, canterbury, souffs will offer him $350K and he'll go there

Vic Mackey

Referee
No way in the world the Warriors will let him go.

from what ive heard mate he wants to come back and raise his kids in australia and has pretty much told the warriors 2012 will be his last year there

will also greatly improve his origin chances

Radical Rat

Juniors
i would froth if we got maloney, would compliment marshall perfectly imo

wont happen though. someone like penrith, canterbury, souffs will offer him $350K and he'll go there

Couldn't agree more. To compliment Benji, Maloney is the number one half in the game I want, bar none. I'd be more than happy to pay him $350k.

I think I heard Blocker say on 2GB recently that Maloney has moved ahead of Soward as the NSW SOO 5/8 for next year.

But back to ther Tigers - Humble is listed on the Eels site as being a half/fullback. He has a couple of years on Miller as well.

Miller might do with a year in the NSW Cup, I think playing against some older guys and directing some older guys is what he needs before stepping in to the firsts. Look at some of the guys doing well at the moment, they have gone from the U20's to playing NSW or Qld Cup, think Daly Cherry-Evans and Elijah Taylor.

Prince - what about the wife, wasn't it all about moving back to QLD for her career?