What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out with Lui, in with...

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
The club cant go and sign another half now.

It would send a bad message - ie - "hes guilty!"

Remember, if he gets off (again) we would have no ground for sacking him either. So we would need to wait until after he's had his trial. Innocent until proven guilty etc.

Having said that Vicious - I agree with you 110% about Carney. Just we cant do it now.

hutch

First Grade
You guys should give Miller the 7. DCE was told at the start of the off-season he was going to be in the first grade team, bulked up and prepared with the squad.

It will pay off if you put faith in him.

I don't think miller looks like anything special against Toyota cup opposition, I can't see him being a long term first grade halfback. Lui was beginning to look like he would progress into a damn good player over the next few years, it's a shame but we are going to have to look elsewhere! I would love to see sam tomkins play in the same team as benji, not sure if sheens' (or mine) heart could handle it though!

tumblingdice

Juniors
SENIOR Wests Tigers players are fed up with Robert Lui's ongoing off-field issues and want him removed from the club.
Players have spoken to me privately and find it impossible to justify or tolerate Lui's arrest following last week's Mad Monday festivities - in relation to a second alleged domestic incident with his partner Taleah Backo within the space of 12 months.
No matter how good a player the halfback is, his Tigers teammates believe there can be no excuse for hitting a woman. There has also been talk that Lui was at the centre of another Mad Monday incident. Lui was said to be upset with comments Tigers winger Beau Ryan made on stage during a comedy routine in their gathering at Leichhardt Oval.

This has been investigated by Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys, who says a karaoke machine was damaged but there was no specific information that Lui caused the damage.
There is no sadder or more disturbing situation in the NRL than the one facing Lui. He has the potential to be a great player - but he should never get the chance to reach his potential if found guilty of assaulting his partner.
There are some very serious issues in this relationship that I won't go into - suffice to say it appears this situation has the potential to repeat itself time and again. Whatever frustration or anger Lui may have towards Backo could never justify his alleged actions. Last time she didn't co-operate with police and you can bet the couple is already trying to get back together.
No matter what happens in this instance - the NRL will need to step in and boot Lui out of the game if he is found guilty. I had a long chat to Lui about his previous situation about two weeks ago. Here's some of what he said: ''It was a hard time. I wanted to go back home [to Queensland], but the boys were there for me, especially Robbie Farah and the coach [Tim Sheens]. They were looking out for me. I wanted to go home. But my family is here and my little boy. I've left those hard times behind me. Now I need to repay the boys and the club for supporting me in that time." While Lui is entitled to the presumption of innocence, his arrest is a terrible look for the game and unfortunately for Lui and the Tigers, it's time for him to go home, forget footy and focus on being a decent man.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/teammates-want-lui-out-the-door-20110924-1kqjw.html#ixzz1YxvzTlIg

Danny W stating the obvious....and thanks Lui for repaying the club:crazy:and i was a fan. Domestic violence is uasually a manifestation of deep rooted problems..maybe time to go home and see if he can sort himself out for the long term. Although i cant help thinking the club could have anticipated mad monday dramas with some individuals, not that that solves any underlying problems.

Tiger Crazy

Juniors
James Maloney will be the Australian 5/8 for the next 5 years, he`s as tough as they come and a real class act, we won`t be getting him for anything less than $500,000 per season.
In any case he`s not available until 2013, we should be worrying about 2012 first and I can tell you we`ll struggle without another quality halve to partner Benji if as expected Rob Lui gets released.

People can say what they like about Todd Carney, but the only real thing he has done wrong this season is have a few late nights and have a drink, the last time I checked this wasn`t illegal. I can assure you quite a few players in our current side also don`t mind having a few late nights or going out for a drink, luckily for us we don`t have imbeciles like Braith Anasta making rash decisions on what the rest of the side should or should not be doing whenever he feels like it.

We could sign Todd Carney for about $300,000 per season which is really $200,000 per season under what he is really worth, to me that is a bargain buy as there is no rival football side on the planet that could control Benji and Todd Carney at full flight.

If we decide to sit back and hope that we can get by without signing another quality halve we will struggle!

The supporters who don`t agree with signing someone such as Todd Carney obviously don`t mind losing?
Are you talking on the drink or on the field with Carney and Benji
Carney is a joke deregister him now

The Rosco

Bench
Melbourne without Blair wouldn't even strike fear into Ben Creagh

Listen here, ceagle.
Let's just clear up one important fact right from the get-go.
Everyone hates Manly.
Don't come in here all decent, friendly and intelligent, like . . . and expect to be treated as a comrade. :D
We hate your team. Everyone does.
This charade you present is not fooling anyone. We know you are a Manly fan, and it is our birthright to hate your team. :crazy:
Listen here sport . . we can see straight through your ruse. Fancy coming on our forum and being polite and respectful !!! :lol:

I've tried 3 times now, but just kept deleting it. I can't bring myself to wish your team well for the weekend.

And finally, exactly how did Matai get off ? He has got a rap sheet that any junkie in Darlinghurst would be proud of.

I reckon I've got the answer to your problems, ceagle. Get off those bloody silvertails, and jump on board the glorious WestsTigers.

Talanexor

Juniors
If the allegations are trie and Lui is a woman-basher, you need to cut him straight away. I don't care how good a player he might be one day, some things you just can't overlook.

Maloney would be absolutely perfect for you guys - would complement Marshall perfectly. Look at how well he's going with Johnson. Johnson has the fancy footwork and takes the short kicks, Maloney does the organising and takes the long kicks and goalkicking duties.

IMO Johnson is a younger version of Marshall, although he doesn't have the same deficiencies in his game that Marshall had at the same age.

Oh, and I wouldn't put my faith in Tom Humble. He's a fullback who can play as a running five-eighth. He's not the organising, kicking half you need.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
carney and dugan coming to tigers in 2013 anyways. Why do you think you guys cleared ship this year ?
here's an idea. why don't you go back to the hole in the ground in queensland that your crawled out of.

You clearly have absolutely NO IDEA WHATSOEVER about anything to do with this club in any way.

here's an idea. why don't you go back to the hole in the ground in queensland that your crawled out of.

You clearly have absolutely NO IDEA WHATSOEVER about anything to do with this club in any way.
People are entitled to give their opinion whether they're Tigers supporters or not, you arrogant douche. You spend as much time on here abusing other people than you do writing anything constructive.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
People are entitled to give their opinion whether they're Tigers supporters or not, you arrogant douche. You spend as much time on here abusing other people than you do writing anything constructive.
people are entitled to give their opinion.

broncos2010 however is a troll and provides nothing to this forum, opinion or constructive wise.

You can go f**k yourself too. :D

Special K

Coach
Sheens was offered Maloney when he left the storm but only wanted to offer a part time deal
not a full time one like the one he was on at the storm.

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-of-wests-tigers/story-e6frexnr-1226148480269

Robert Lui plays in Aboriginal knockout tournament in Queensland without permission of Wests Tigers

THE future of Robert Lui at the Wests Tigers is in serious doubt after he fled to Queensland to play in an Aboriginal knockout tournament on the weekend without the NRL club's permission.

Last week Lui was charged by police with assaulting partner Taleah Backo after three straight days of post-season celebrations with Tigers teammates.
Club officials agreed for Lui to return to Queensland and be comforted by family and friends ahead of his October 7 court hearing.
But rather than keep a low profile, Lui took part in the inaugural Queensland Murri league carnival on the Gold Coast and inspired the Southern Dingoes to a 44-24 final victory over Purga Wagtails.
The three-day drug and alcohol-free carnival, organised by former Maroons great Tony Currie - and endorsed by the ARL and QRL - involved 20 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander teams and featured NRL players Chris Sandow, Dane Gagai and Yileen Gordon, and former star Nathan Blacklock.

The incident disappointed Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys, who was with Lui until 3am last Tuesday at Burwood Police Station, and he is keen for the 21-year-old to give an explanation when he returns.

"We have stood him down, so we were surprised he played in the tournament because the idea of him going to Queensland was to have some private time with family members," Humphreys said.
"We were made aware he was playing on Sunday, but he didn't seek our approval before doing so. We'll have a chat with him about it at some point. It won't be this week.
"I was surprised and disappointed, but maybe he had some encouragement from friends and family members to play.
"Whether we would have approved (his involvement) is a hypothetical, so I'd rather not speculate."
The Tigers have stood Lui down from all club activities and will await the outcome of his court hearing before deciding on his future. .
Currie said Lui had played well for the Southern Dingoes, a team which also featured Lui's brother, but was unaware he would take part beforehand.
Southern Dingoes coach Selwyn Apanui said he was unaware Lui had not sought a clearance from the Tigers.
"He really wasn't pressured or questioned about any of the other issues, he was happy to play footy and enjoy the company of his brother and his mates," Apanui said.

Lets hope this prick keeps f**king around because its starting to sound like unless convicted he will stay. Should be sacked for simply being charged, how good his lawyers are (commissioned by Wests Tigers offcourse) should not determine the severity of his initial actions.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
RLW_Mole The Mole

BREAKING: Robert Lui's partner believed to be about to drop charges of assault again him... again...

Hands up those who are surprised
*no hands raised*

Latest posts