What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overcome 'Gym Intimidation'

[furrycat]

Coach
I go to the university gym in Newcastle.

A fair few built guys, but all friendly and generally don't hog the equipment.

There is only one annoying (and not exactly built) guy who will stay on the (only....) curl rack for a good 45 minutes, 3 times a week... but he must have changed his routine as I haven't seen him in a few weeks.

also, wall-to-wall eye candy. :D

When I go (6am) it isn't too busy either.

all in all, A++

The forum is the BEST gym I've ever been to and not just because theres a lot of college girls there...!

Pity I'm 2 and a half hours away from it now :(

sportive cupid

Referee
Hi,

Probably the most confusing misperception of the Gym setting in my mind, is a person claiming that “they are not in shape enough” or “not big enough” or “too overweight” for the Gym. Think about this for just one moment. Your local Gyms have been created, designed and purpose built to assist regular members of the community in developing a healthy body, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, if you are out of shape, too thin, very weak, or overweight then you are the people the gym was designed for........
....We are all at the Gym for the same end result - A healthier body, a healthier mind, and goals that we wish to achieve.

Now I am confused. MR V told us the Gym is there to assist us regular memebrs of the community in developing a healthy body and healthy lifestyle.

You furry are saying something very different...

Mr V please can you help me in my confusion?

Valderon

Juniors
Now I am confused. MR V told us the Gym is there to assist us regular memebrs of the community in developing a healthy body and healthy lifestyle.

You furry are saying something very different...

Mr V please can you help me in my confusion?

Gyms are created for a range of purposes.

Bodybuilders preparing for competition; Athletes conditioning themselves for the demands of their sports; Overweight individuals wanting to lose weight and increase health; Elderly to increase muscle mass and bone mineral density; Those with diseases (Cancer, etc), allowing a reduction in incidence, or to aid management; and so on so forth.

It covers the community at large. Though certainly, the main reason is for health benefits.

sportive cupid

Referee
Gyms are created for a range of purposes.

Bodybuilders preparing for competition; Athletes conditioning themselves for the demands of their sports; Overweight individuals wanting to lose weight and increase health; Elderly to increase muscle mass and bone mineral density; Those with diseases (Cancer, etc), allowing a reduction in incidence, or to aid management; and so on so forth.

It covers the community at large. Though certainly, the main reason is for health benefits.
But not middle aged men in lycra;-)

I wonder if it may be more useful for those with gym intimidation to be directed to other ways to develop and maintain their healthy living regimes? Surely the gym is not the only way to healthy living for some of the groups you mention (eg cancer patients,overwieght,elderly.)Of course I am not referring to those wishing to condition their bodies for sporting purposes.

Mr V ,from your experience,is it a realistic goal for elderly people to increase their muscle mass and bone density or to just concerntrate on halting the decrease of these?

adamkungl

Immortal
But not middle aged men in lycra;-)

I wonder if it may be more useful for those with gym intimidation to be directed to other ways to develop and maintain their healthy living regimes? Surely the gym is not the only way to healthy living for some of the groups you mention (eg cancer patients,overwieght,elderly.)Of course I am not referring to those wishing to condition their bodies for sporting purposes.

Mr V ,from your experience,is it a realistic goal for elderly people to increase their muscle mass and bone density or to just concerntrate on halting the decrease of these?

I'm sure it isn't. Who's suggesting it is?