What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overhyping Burton

Iamback

Coach
Are they though? I mean it depends on the team dynamic and the kick right.

Easy to run a split with the seven doing the territory kicking and then Burton sliding into first receiver for a nuclear bomb. Usually the fifth tackle in the attacking zones is done by the half on that side anyway, as well, and quite often that's true anywhere on the field. Hence Oluapo or whatever did those three shitty chip kicks last night with Burton begging for it to come left.

How many sides split their kicking 50/50 though? One will always do 80% of it. You want Burton being that half

Bazal

Post Whore
How many sides split their kicking 50/50 though? One will always do 80% of it. You want Burton being that half

I don't think you want him doing much territory kicking, no.

Plenty of attacking kicks though. But you can easily manage that.

Munky

Coach
That Lockyer bloke did a fair bit of kicking at fullback and five eighth.

Another called Freddy was the ultimate post scoring set general play kicker.

SBD82

Coach
That Lockyer bloke did a fair bit of kicking at fullback and five eighth.

Another called Freddy was the ultimate post scoring set general play kicker.
Soward had a pretty reasonable boot too.

It’s almost like the kicking duties are shared around depending on who the better half is for the job.

Complex game this Rugby League.

Munky

Coach
Soward had a pretty reasonable boot too.

It’s almost like the kicking duties are shared around depending on who the better half is for the job.

Complex game this Rugby League.

That was a f**k up by master coach Bennett.

Didn't he know Hornby should have been primary kicker?

How did he ever manage to coach nine hundred games?

EuroNymous

Juniors
I disagree, Burton is a great 6. He has good boot, but his short kicking game is very underrated. Way better then wighton which just boots them out. My only big complaint sometimes he doesn’t get ball in hands and his ball playing isn’t the best.

who ever said he doesn’t win us games is bullshit, multiple games he clutched up very hard.

his half partners have been absolutely shit also, put him next to a decent organising half and he would be fantastic.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Great centre, ordinary half. He has a dummy, left foot step and go. That’s literally his only move. Big bomb but hey so did Pat Richards, who would have gone about as good at 5/8 as Burton does.

The ‘he needs an organizing 7’ is a bit of a cop out, isn’t he on nearly $1m a year now? If you’re taking that cash you need to be the man.

Dogs problem now.

Bazal

Post Whore
The ‘he needs an organizing 7’ is a bit of a cop out, isn’t he on nearly $1m a year now? If you’re taking that cash you need to be the man

I mean not really?

Is Munster not on a million plus and also on more than Hughes?

The idea that he's only a centre is silly IMO, he can definitely play there but his skillset is obviously way above the centres.

All it means is you're paying your five eighth more than halfback, and that your match winner is the 6 while the 7 steers the ship...which is hardly uncommon

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I mean not really?

Is Munster not on a million plus and also on more than Hughes?

The idea that he's only a centre is silly IMO, he can definitely play there but his skillset is obviously way above the centres.

All it means is you're paying your five eighth more than halfback, and that your match winner is the 6 while the 7 steers the ship...which is hardly uncommon
I've always wanted to see him at fullback

Danish

Referee
His inevitable selection for the blue over Hynes will cost us the series yet again.

freddy will cover it by dropping either Turbo or Teddy

Fangs

Coach
Too skilful to be playing centre. Maybe later in his career or as a lock if he fills out.

Only one full season in the halves. Need way more time before a true judgement is made.

Dogs Of War

Coach
His inevitable selection for the blue over Hynes will cost us the series yet again.

freddy will cover it by dropping either Turbo or Teddy

Not sure Turbo on one leg is worthwhile. Especially given who else could be playing. We all know Teddy is a sure thing. If he isn't first choice fullback then Fittler has really lost the plot.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not sure Turbo on one leg is worthwhile. Especially given who else could be playing. We all know Teddy is a sure thing. If he isn't first choice fullback then Fittler has really lost the plot.
Unless he picks Edwards who has been better than Tedesco the past 2 seasons. Though obviously Teddy is picked regardless of form, which has honestly not been that good this season. Though being fit you can expect him to hopefully lift for the occasion.

Turbo however... it's not worth the risk IMO. Throw in Campbell-Graham at right centre. Much rather a guy in good form with proven fitness than gambling on Turbo.

Latest posts