What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overhyping Burton

Dogs Of War

Coach
Unless he picks Edwards who has been better than Tedesco the past 2 seasons. Though obviously Teddy is picked regardless of form, which has honestly not been that good this season. Though being fit you can expect him to hopefully lift for the occasion.

Turbo however... it's not worth the risk IMO. Throw in Campbell-Graham at right centre. Much rather a guy in good form with proven fitness than gambling on Turbo.

Really depends on what you're looking for. Pure ball running, or more of a ball player. I don't think Teddy has let anyone down ever. He is always putting in, and this is the exact type of player QLD would pick regardless of form.

Exsilium

First Grade
Burton is a centre. End of.

Ivan Cleary saw it early on and it's where he increased his stocks.

I don't get why being a centre, or spine player, is so undesirable. In the modern game, centres can do a lot of damage and turn a lot of games.

It's like Stephen Crichton, who's a very good centre. Wants to be a fullback. He is clearly a better centre, we know this and he is no modern day fullback.

Stick to what you're good at and your career will be long and prosperous.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

I don't get why being a centre, or spine player, is so undesirable. In the modern game, centres can do a lot of damage and turn a lot of games.

It's like Stephen Crichton, who's a very good centre. Wants to be a fullback. He is clearly a better centre, we know this and he is no modern day fullback.

Far too talented to waste his career at centre earning 60% of the wage he deserves.

Frailty

First Grade
He is an average 5/8 at best, but he is a great centre. Great running game, great bomb, so-so short kicking game.

He would do ok in the halves if his partner was a dominant and good half. Problem is he has either Flanagan, Reynolds or a fresh-faced rookie at the Bulldogs.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
Why do all the commentators obsess over praising Burton's supposed brilliance? He has not delivered wins for the Dishlickers, and surely the so-called experts must understand that there is more to rugby league than kicking weally weally high bombs?

burton is quality

i rate him and mahoney, dogs will go good this year

luv my panfas

Juniors
Really depends on what you're looking for. Pure ball running, or more of a ball player. I don't think Teddy has let anyone down ever. He is always putting in, and this is the exact type of player QLD would pick regardless of form.
Your right he's a great player but has conditioned himself into a metre eater He now hogs to much ball

You could say this idea started with Gasniers underwhelming move to 5/8. Bellamy also moved GI there, which was a tad underwhelming, considering it kept a perfectly good James Maloney out of first grade.

Danish

Referee
Not sure Turbo on one leg is worthwhile. Especially given who else could be playing. We all know Teddy is a sure thing. If he isn't first choice fullback then Fittler has really lost the plot.

if we lose game 1 I think teddy could be the scapegoat if Turbo is not in the side.

freddy love’s sacrificing a player to the media wolves when he f**ks up (like when he dropped latrell his first season coaching)

bazza

Immortal

I am guessing your pay ceiling is lower at centre than at 5/8 or fullback

Jim Swift

Juniors
You could say this idea started with Gasniers underwhelming move to 5/8. Bellamy also moved GI there, which was a tad underwhelming, considering it kept a perfectly good James Maloney out of first grade.
I seem to remember GI winning a Clive Churchill medal while wearing the 6.

I seem to remember GI winning a Clive Churchill medal while wearing the 6.

He had a good game in the grand final sure, but he dominated origin for the beat part of a decade in the centres where he was completely unplayable at times. Mal never even considered him for the halves.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Agree; said this a number of times in the Panther forum. Improve his defence and he can be the next iteration of Yeo; big body, good footwork, can pick a pass AND he is a kicking option. Lot of work needed on defence though.
Yeo has a better short kicking game

Latest posts