What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Owen Cragie

zipzip

Juniors
dhurga said:
sad to hear thar you all think of a former great in the way that you do ..if handled better he could have been the next mal meninga ( nsw style )

no wonder that you are ??/ on the ladder

ihaterlsincesl

Dont waste your time arguing with those Newcastle Supporter wankers. If they arent racist then they are stupid. Cragie was great at Newcastle. Sure he had his problems but as you say IF MANAGED professionally they could have made him an all time great. Even overweight he is so dangerous in attack and has more ability that all those Knights forum posters will ever dream of.

I also live in Newcastle but follow the mighty Eels.

Dont waste you breath by trying to offer a differing opinion.

TooheysNew

Coach
You are a deadset moron. How was anything posted his racist? To say that is laughable - he was a good player for Newcastle but he was never going to reach his full potential of greatness, and that was his own fault.

If they were manager professionally? Have a look a little closer to home before you go bagging other people's backyards. The eels have their problems too.

You can offer whatever opinion you want - but there is no way any of what he said made sense. Craigie wasn't a 'great', it was his fault he wasn't, and if this bloke isn't even sure what position we are on the ladder then his opinion is dirt.

Craigie was very well paid for his efforts at the knights, and was well "managed" by Malcom Reilly, he played his best football from 97 to 99.. Then warren ryan came on the scene , and saw exactly how much we were paying him and basically the amount he was putting in and did something about it .. they call that professional sport!! and we were run professionally back then..

The fact that when people think of owen craigie , they will always remember him playing for the knights tells you that, he has been at 3 clubs since and its been 5 years . but no one remembers that the wests tigers picked him up from the knights for double his "overpaid" knights contract .....

Alex28

Coach
zipzip said:
Dont waste your time arguing with those Newcastle Supporter wankers. If they arent racist then they are stupid. Cragie was great at Newcastle. Sure he had his problems but as you say IF MANAGED professionally they could have made him an all time great. Even overweight he is so dangerous in attack and has more ability that all those Knights forum posters will ever dream of.

I also live in Newcastle but follow the mighty Eels.

I'd suggest you take back your racism accusations pretty quickly - no one here at all has mentioned his race.

If you actually ask Owie yourself, he would say himself that he has only himself to blame for leaving Newcastle the way he did.

Brendon

Juniors
Zip you are a tool ..... memories must be really killing you aye? I mean they would be killing me too knowing that your almighty Eels got beat by the 2 bottom sides this year :lol:

Also do you remember this famous call by Rabs?

" Siren has gone, Newcastle Have Won It"

2001 Grand Final one of the greatest days in history :D

stuke

Bench
Craigie could of and should have been a great of the game and of Newcastle. sadly he hasn't realised a tenth of the talent that he possesses.

i do think that the worst thing that happened to him was bursting onto the scene at such a young age and being in Newcastle where he was treated like royalty before he had achieved anything in the game. in the time he was there at the knights he was not seriously challenged for a place in the team and i think that the one team/town thing played against him in the end.

sad that we won't see what he truly was capable of.

Brendon

Juniors
Brendon said:
Zip you are a tool ..... memories must be really killing you aye? I mean they would be killing me too knowing that your almighty Eels got beat by the 2 bottom sides this year :lol:

Also do you remember this famous call by Rabs?

" Siren has gone, Newcastle Have Won It"

2001 Grand Final one of the greatest days in history :D

Sorry ZIP I am the tool.

eddo

Juniors
ZipZip never exactly said your post was racist. Check it again.

zipzip said:
Dont waste your time arguing with those Newcastle Supporter wankers. If they arent racist then they are stupid.

So if it wasn't a racist comment, then you must be.... ;-) never mind

Latest posts