What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ownership of being wrong thread 2018

Black Diamond

Juniors
Yep he's a gun and we will look back at losing him almost like losing Freddy. Obviously he's not in that class but it will hurt for a long time
Yep he's good but not in Freddys class. I'm glad hes gone, brilliance is one thing but attitude and team dedication are far more important in a team sport. Walking around Penrith big noting yourself and disregarding your fans is something we dont need in our team.

OldPanther

Coach
Moylan > Maloney. Moylans tackle on Yeo was a try saver, Maloney comes up with a poor kick, 7!tackle set and they go up and score their first try. Maloney should’ve gone for the repeat set and built pressure it was our first crack at them and we got Yeo one on one with Moylan already. Big time winner Maloney was rattled by the talk before the game and went for a big play.

Katoa kicked that dead not Maloney. The rest is spot on.

OldPanther

Coach
Bloody hell Oldie, what did Katoa do to you in a past life?

Betcats is talking about the cross field kick in the first half that led to 7 tackles.

I thought he was talking about the kick that went dead. Just a simple case of mistaking what he was talking about. In saying that I now absolutely hate Katoa.

martielang

Bench
I thought he'd turned a corner last week. Turns out it was just an unusually good game for him.

Hes played several good games, has a ton of try assists, another last night. I don’t think he was near as poor as people are making out. He had a poor month at the backend of the year but rebounded well against the Storm & Warriors.

We can agree to disagree.

OldPanther

Coach
Hes played several good games, has a ton of try assists, another last night. I don’t think he was near as poor as people are making out. He had a poor month at the backend of the year but rebounded well against the Storm & Warriors.

We can agree to disagree.

We'll have to. The most frustrating part is some quick decisive service at the end is all we needed. Blake deserve a serve for that run as well.

age.s

First Grade
I was happy with the Moylan Maloney trade because I thought Maloney would bring us the big game experience our young team needed.

I was wrong.

age.s

First Grade
I was happy with the Moylan Maloney trade because I thought Maloney would bring us the big game experience our young team needed.

I was wrong.

To be clear, I think Gus did the best he could given Moylans off field/attitude issues. Maloney was by far the best option available at the time.

It's just that before last night I'd have said we got what we needed on the field in 2018.

Fangs

Coach
As bad as Katoa was, May was even worse in his 10 minutes at dummy half. So many floaty passes out of dummy half above the reciever's head.

I was so happy when he came on. Then I got pissed quickly (in more ways than one).

He looked overwhelmed out there.

Fangs

Coach
On Katoa, he has had a poor second half to the year. Much like the rest of the team.

He needs a big off-season. Remember that Egan jumped ahead of him in the preseason on 2018. He could easily be shown the door if we don't see enough improvement.

Whino

Bench
As inexperienced as Egan is he closes the gap on Katoa every year. Has to be our starting Hooker next year.

If we can hang on to him. Egan's game should drastically improve the next 12 - 18 months.
It will only be a matter of time before he overtakes Katoa.

OldPanther

Coach
If we can hang on to him. Egan's game should drastically improve the next 12 - 18 months.
It will only be a matter of time before he overtakes Katoa.

Definitely. Considering the name of the thread I was actually wrong about Katoa. I thought he'd be a top 9.

Latest posts