What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ownership of being wrong thread 2018

mxlegend99

Referee
To be clear, I think Gus did the best he could given Moylans off field/attitude issues. Maloney was by far the best option available at the time.

It's just that before last night I'd have said we got what we needed on the field in 2018.
Both teams had a lot of upside from the trade under the circumstances. But most of our upside was offset by the downside of losing Moylan.

We traded sideways. Ultimately we had an almost identical season as a whole in each of the past 3 years.

It just sucks that Moylan was given the captaincy and not moved to 6 in 2016 when we ditched Soward. Seems those 2 decisions had a huge affect on his happiness here. Although Iwas fine with him being picked as captain. I never knew he didnt want that responsibility.

For some I guess it's alot of pressure and burden.

mxlegend99

Referee
Definitely. Considering the name of the thread I was actually wrong about Katoa. I thought he'd be a top 9.
Sadly none of our 9 options are or were great. I think regardless of whether its Wallace, Katoa or Egan we have flaws in any case. On any given week one could be damn near perfect though.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sadly none of our 9 options are or were great. I think regardless of whether its Wallace, Katoa or Egan we have flaws in any case. On any given week one could be damn near perfect though.

None of the above have or had a running game.

I believe I read the stats from the game v the Sharks and Katoa had no runs for no metres. Now unless I am mistaken one of the most important attributes of a really good dummy half is having the ability to scoot out of dummy half at the right time and pick up 10-15 metres or on occasion make a line break.

That one season where James Segeyaro was outstanding for us was exactly what you want from your ideal dummy half. He was electric in his scoots out of dummy half, picking the right moment to run and the right moment to simply pass. We currently have dummy half's who don't scoot or run out of dummy half and on that basis there is no questions being asked of they defence. They know exactly what is going to happen, ie a pass to another player for a hit up. A good dummy half must have a running game and on that basis our two current first choices have to find one otherwise we better start fast tracking Trindall because he does have a running game and he is much the better player for it.

OldPanther

Coach
None of the above have or had a running game.

I believe I read the stats from the game v the Sharks and Katoa had no runs for no metres. Now unless I am mistaken one of the most important attributes of a really good dummy half is having the ability to scoot out of dummy half at the right time and pick up 10-15 metres or on occasion make a line break.

That one season where James Segeyaro was outstanding for us was exactly what you want from your ideal dummy half. He was electric in his scoots out of dummy half, picking the right moment to run and the right moment to simply pass. We currently have dummy half's who don't scoot or run out of dummy half and on that basis there is no questions being asked of they defence. They know exactly what is going to happen, ie a pass to another player for a hit up. A good dummy half must have a running game and on that basis our two current first choices have to find one otherwise we better start fast tracking Trindall because he does have a running game and he is much the better player for it.

Egan does have a running game and uses it frequently.

Latest posts