What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ozzie

melon....

Coach
If there ever was or is a God, now would be a good time for Him to intervene and help a human being that is as genuine as they come. Ive been lucky enough to meet the man and have a beer with him at the SFS. I know the Canberra boys, Chook et al know Ozzie well and know how much he loves his footy and his Roosters.

From one ex centre to another Oz, my prayers are with you mate.

get well soon.

Novice Chook

Juniors
Shocking news Ozzie.

Enjoy whatever time you have left with your family and friends.

Whenever you go, you leave us with some great memories of your posts on various Rooster websites over the years, espec on the "Old Wall" in the good old days, before it was invaded by younguns and political correctness.

God bless, and may you remain pain free. Say hi to Spanner for me when you two finally meet up for an ACT Chooks Tragics reunion on the "other side".

NC

OVP

Coach
Im so sorry to hear this news Ozzie. I'll remember our days playing for the Roosters forum sevens team (on the other site) fondly. Please pull through mate, you are still needed on this side mate. We still need you here to defend the mighty Roosters from the various Troll infestations hehe :). Stay strong brother.

Last edited:

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
Ozzie I am ashamed at the way I spoke to you on occasions. I am ashamed that I felt the need to be a petty keyboard hero at times. For what it's worth I am truly sorry to have been such a wanker and for not taking the chance to get to know you.

I hope the time you have left is filled with joy & happiness. I hope that your family & friends are with you and bring you some comfort. You are in my thoughts & prayers.

D

Deleted member 10972

Stand strong, stay long Ozzie.

Peace, one love, and remember something, you are one of the true Roosters!

roosterboy60

Juniors
Oz, as I have said to you privately on the Roosters Site - I am really sorry to hear of this.

You are a friend and always will be a friend mate - keep strong and I am thinking of you and your family.

TheEye

Juniors
In a word - Gutted

Oz I have never met you however as with OVP i enjoyed my (brief) time playing 7's with you.

Not much I can say but stay strong - I'm not a religious person, however you and your family are in my thoughts.

My prayers and thoughts are with you Oz, i too have never had the privelige of meeting yourself, im sure i would have been a better man for it.

Any Rooster Supporter with the passion you display and your undivided support will be sorely missed.

Hang in there buddy, the ultimate gift will come in september

Chook

First Grade
Ozzie, I'm sorry to hear you are ill mate. I know we haven't spoken in a while, but mate, my thoughts are with you at this time.

Good luck man, I'm sure we'll eventually catch up for a beer in that big grandstand in the sky.;-)

Chook.

melon....

Coach
Ozzie, I'm sorry to hear you are ill mate. I know we haven't spoken in a while, but mate, my thoughts are with you at this time.

Good luck man, I'm sure we'll eventually catch up for a beer in that big grandstand in the sky.;-)

Chook.
Chook we havent seen you at therugbyleaguesite.com, Zef misses you.

henrieté

Juniors
FFS Ozzie! I don't get on the forums much any more of course, and have only just found this thread.

I think I still have your mobile and would love to have a chat. I will text you to see if it is the same.

Love always petal! - Penelope Pittstop aka Deb

PM me if you don't get a text.

STSAE

Juniors
f**k Ozzie, good luck mate.

One of the first people I ran into on the forums and always up to fight the good fight. As loyal an Easts Man as ive encountered.

Youve always been fair with me mate and with many of the other d!ckheads who have given you grief.

I hope the boys end this season with a GF Ring for you Ozzie.

:cool::cool:

OVP

Coach
FFS Ozzie! I don't get on the forums much any more of course, and have only just found this thread.

I think I still have your mobile and would love to have a chat. I will text you to see if it is the same.

Love always petal! - Penelope Pittstop aka Deb

PM me if you don't get a text.

Great to hear from you Deb :)

henrieté

Juniors
Thanks Babe! Can't remember my ICQ password, and I am still the laziest person in the world. Caught a taxi to the letterbox this morning, beat that :p

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ozzie, hope you'll be logging in again mate. There's an Anzacs v GB & Ireland F7s match which might be of interest to yourself and your fellow Easts team mates.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=204965

Not sure how much 'RL content' I've got there for the ref, but bugger that. :D

There's also a link there to the 2003 F7s grand final. IMO, one of your finest F7s moments.

Btw, re the latin...

Fortune favours the brave! Get well soon.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ozzie, hope you get well quickly mate.

Theres far too many Souths floggings and spoons yet to see.

It has been an honour to play against and moreso, alongside an absolute legend of the Forum 7's.

The thing that annoys me most is that I probably saw you on a number of occasions and never knew it, as I used to work at the roosters leagues club from 2003-05.

Hope you recover fully very soon mate, best wishes champ.

Dave Q

Coach
Ozzie knows I think he's just about the only Rooster supporter in the world I have any time for.

Thinking of you Ozzie.

Red Bear

Referee
sorry if this sounds insensitive at all, not intended
Does anyone know how Ozzie is doing? If he's still fighting the good fight?

Dave Q

Coach
sorry if this sounds insensitive at all, not intended
Does anyone know how Ozzie is doing? If he's still fighting the good fight?

He just dissapeared.

Ive been on Ozzie-watch for awhile and havent heard anything.

We can assume the worst, but I dont want to.