What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OZZY VS DIO

Ron Jeremy

Coach
sydraider said:
lol i was just having a stir bud ;-) i dont mind a fe ratt tunes......Round and Round,Body Talk,Way Cool Jnr are a few that come to mind oh and even Dance Dance Dance. I was more a W.A.S.P/ Motley Crue man myself back then until i first heard Metallica/Anthrax and Slayer then that was the end of me lol :twisted:

With W.a.s.p my favourite tunes are Wild Child ( Brillant), The idol ( more brillant ) :D

I actually have an old $2 note with Blacky Lawless's signature on it.

sydraider

First Grade
MASTER OF PUPPETS IS MY FAV ALBUM OF ALL TIME, i agree with the going downhill part, i feel the same.

YOU BASTARD WHEN DID YOU MEET BLACKIE????

Im actually going to see metallica tomorrow night and also on friday at the big day out, this is their last chance to impress me, if not im gonna have a sayonce and try bring back cliff burton :lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
sydraider said:
MASTER OF PUPPETS IS MY FAV ALBUM OF ALL TIME, i agree with the going downhill part, i feel the same.

YOU BASTARD WHEN DID YOU MEET BLACKIE????

Im actually going to see metallica tomorrow night and also on friday at the big day out, this is their last chance to impress me, if not im gonna have a sayonce and try bring back cliff burton :lol:

I actually didn't meet him...my eldest singer use to be a rock promoter in the 80's for alot of Sydney's rock venues....and she was lucky enough to get it off him & she gave it me :D ....i also have a picture of Malmstein & my sister with the his autograph on it.

I can't honestly see Metallica playing much of there old shit like Puppets or saniterium.....they will probably play One & Enter Sandman as there old songs...the rest probably new stuff.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
I can't honestly see Metallica playing much of there old sh*t like Puppets or saniterium.....they will probably play One & Enter Sandman as there old songs...the rest probably new stuff.
actually after seeing the set lists from the Auckland and Gold Coast shows it appears that about half the set is from "...And Justice for All" and before. You obviously don't know too much about metallica live either because there's no way that they'd ever play a live gig without "Creeping Death", and at least two Master of Puppets tracks invariably get a workout as well.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Well im not a Metallica fanatic...however i do know when bands are trying to promote new work they play alot of it.

ThrashViking

Juniors
There playing 3 St Anger songs and a couple of Black albulm songs but thats basically it,The rest is mostley off the first 4 albulms

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Good news for the Metallica fans then.

I remember going to a Smashing pumpkins concert in 97 when they just released the follow up album to Mellon Colliee & basically all they played was the new stuff which was all crap.

aphelion

Juniors
Here's the setlist from their Auckland show. Kindly stolen by me from a guy in one of my Yahoo groups :twisted:

Blackened
Creeping Death
Harvester of Sorrow
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Frantic
Sad But True
Dirty Window
Seek and Destroy
Fade to Black
Battery
--------
St. Anger
Nothing Else Matters
Master of Puppets
--------
One
Enter Sandman

Not bad at all, in my opinion.

ThrashViking

Juniors
The Gold coast show :
Fight Fire With Fire
The Four Horsemen
Ride The Lightning
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
The Thing That Should Not Be
Frantic
Sad But True
Dirty Window
Harvester of Sorrow
One
Damage Inc.
-------------------
Seek and Destroy
Nothing Else Matters
Creeping Death
-------------------
St. Anger
Enter Sandman
-------------------
Last Caress
Hit The Lights

sydraider

First Grade
DIO is a champ!

Ozzy the Black Sabbath reject???

He owns the band doesnt he? Thats why Dio is with the sabbath lineup touring under the name "Heaven and Hell"

Ron Jeremy

Coach
sydraider said:
DIO is a champ!

Ozzy the Black Sabbath reject???

He owns the band doesnt he? Thats why Dio is with the sabbath lineup touring under the name "Heaven and Hell"

Heaven and Hell was a great album. Ozzy imo was overrated a little. Sure he was a great front man, but from 77 onward he never done much with Sabbath. In came Ronnie and they produced some great songs like Neon knights, Voodoo, Heaven & Hell, Sign of the southern cross, Country girl just to name a few, aswell as sounding more like a band.

HevyDevy

Coach
ThrashViking said:
Ronnie!!!!!
I love Holy Diver :!:
Ozzys an over-rated hack who’s novelty is beginning to wear thin with me

I finally bought Holy Diver a few months ago, great album.

Also, love the scene in The Pick of Destiny with Dio in it.

I do enjoy both vocalists but there is no doubt Dio is superior.

Ozzy though set a legacy that shouldn't be forgotten ... and some of his solo work kicks arse!!

Great tracks:

No More Tears (what a riff!)
Back on Earth
Mr Crowley
Perry Mason
I Just Want You

Ron Jeremy

Coach
HevyDevy said:
I finally bought Holy Diver a few months ago, great album.

Also, love the scene in The Pick of Destiny with Dio in it.

I do enjoy both vocalists but there is no doubt Dio is superior.

Ozzy though set a legacy that shouldn't be forgotten ... and some of his solo work kicks arse!!

Great tracks:

No More Tears (what a riff!)
Back on Earth
Mr Crowley
Perry Mason
I Just Want You

Bark at the moon is a great song also

HevyDevy

Coach
Impellitteri said:
Damn, you're right....Bach does more than justice to this song....i'm listening to some short clips now....i shake my head when people say this guy sucks.....he's being wasted out there on his own......damn Velvet Revolver would be a huge hit if they chose Bach as lead vox, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO.....they had to go and get Weiland.....

As much as I love Bach, you can't go criticisng Weiland. Great voice.

2 True Blues

Coach
Generalzod said:
I remember seeing DIO back in 1987...one helluva a loud concert...
I was at that concert too mate. How good was the drummer that did 360's while playing those drums. And the cigarette lighters lit the stadium. TOP CONCERT !!!! :cool:

Latest posts