What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific Championship

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
If Sky want to value the NRL at that then it's up to them, not sure it's sound financial sense though - they only had roughly 100k viewers for a late round Warriors match against the Panthers which would contribute to where both teams finished on the final ladder. They were getting bigger audiences earlier in the season though.

You're probably right - maybe, like Australian TV, they pay the big bucks for the Grand Final, State of Origin and International rights. I would imagine that Origin and the GF rate pretty well for them and on the odd occassion that the Warriors make it, it would be a ratings bonanza for them.

Matua

Bench
You're probably right - maybe, like Australian TV, they pay the big bucks for the Grand Final, State of Origin and International rights. I would imagine that Origin and the GF rate pretty well for them and on the odd occassion that the Warriors make it, it would be a ratings bonanza for them.
Yeah, Origin probably still rates well for them due to it being midweek when there's nothing else on even if it's not comparable with its 90s/early 00s heyday.

I also think that league is one of the big 3 team sports with rugby and cricket and they don't want to lose that stranglehold so probably happy to pay more than its value. Another bonus for the NRL is that they only have to pay for the broadcasting on one match a week - during Super Rugby they're broadcasting two or three matches a week and during NPC they're doing 7 a week. That will be costly.