What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific Championships 2024

Perth Red

Post Whore
yeh god forbid fans actually want to book holidays, flights, accommodation etc to follow the international game! And people want the NRL in charge of everything? please.
Meanwhile my social feed is full of adverts for the ruggers Lions tour which is still a year away.

taste2taste

Juniors
Grand Final night 2 months from today. We still don’t know what’s happening 2 weeks after that. But the ARLC really really cares for the International game..
You know that pile of paper on your desk that you know is going to be a slug to get through so you just put it off ?

That's International League to the ARLC

taste2taste

Juniors
Meanwhile my social feed is full of adverts for the ruggers Lions tour which is still a year away.
Why are they still advertising for Lions tickets?

The Union brigade were bragging that the tests and touring games all sold out in less than 24 hours months ago :/

Why are they still advertising for Lions tickets?

The Union brigade were bragging that the tests and touring games all sold out in less than 24 hours months ago :/
Think they applied some 'literary licence' with their headline lol

To be fair though, its still pretty impressive regardless. A year out and from memory, 2/3 test matches are sold out with the MCG test and all mid week games not far behind. The travelling Lions fans are a good bunch so it'll be a good few weeks for the code. Which it badly needs.

RL would benefit from something similar if all parties got their shit sorted.

Coastbloke

Bench
Anyone with some inside knowledge know wth is happening? Yakstorm?

Literally 2 months and possibly 1 week to kick off and nothing. Like i can’t find a thing. Zilch. Nada. At worst it should be heavily promoted straight after SOO3…

yakstorm

First Grade
Anyone with some inside knowledge know wth is happening? Yakstorm?

Literally 2 months and possibly 1 week to kick off and nothing. Like i can’t find a thing. Zilch. Nada. At worst it should be heavily promoted straight after SOO3…
I only know bits and pieces. Scheduled to kick off October 12 and run for 4 weeks.

Australia/NZ/Tonga in the Cup
PNG/Fiji/Cook Islands in the Bowl

There will be concurrent Women's matches, though like last year, they will be more disorganised messes then a proper tournament.

Jillaroos & Kiwi Ferns will play each other twice. Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, PNG & Cook Islands Women will each play at least 1 Test.

Australia v New Zealand pool game is scheduled for Christchurch, which is extremely underwhelming and caps the potential crowd to 16K.

I've heard Mt Smart & Hamilton for NZ v Tonga.

Fiji, as per last year's AusSports announcement, will host games for the Bowl.