What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific Cup - Schedule

Jeffles

Bench
I sa on the FNRL story at rleague that there have been dates set for the pacific Cup.

Does anyone know about FINAL TEAMS AND VENUES. No more speculation.

yakstorm

First Grade
They havent' confirmed that yet, they have about 4 interested Stadiums in hosting the event, and as for teams, well at the moment it looks like there will be 9 (3 groups of 3).

Part will depend on how many sponsors they can get, and next is how many teams can afford to enter.

screeny

Bench
Great news. A Pacific cup is essential.

Yakstorm, any idea when the RLIF have put a time limit on island nations confirming whether or not they can attend?

Or will they just wait until August and then cancel the thing?

playdaball

Bench
Stevo_G said:
what teams would play in the pacific cup???

Cooks
Maori
Aboriginal
Tonga
Samoa
New Caledonia
Fiji
PNG ?
Amerika Samoa?
Tokelau?
Niue?
Solomons?
Norfolk?
USA?
Japan?

mono_mal

Juniors
Teams that could participate in a Pacific Cup:
Papua New Guinea
Fiji
Tonga
Samoa
Cook Islands
New Caledonia
American Samoa
Tokalua
Niue
USA
Japan
Argentina
Canada
Singapore
West Indies
Aboriginals
NZ Maori

So we potentially have a 16 team tournament though I'd be expecting a 12 team comp at most at the moment as i doubt Singapore, West Indies,Canada,Argentina, Tokelau, Niue would be prepared for the tournament at this stage.
I know Guildford Leagues have put in a application to host matches of the tournament and the club believes McCredie Oval would be a great venue for games.