What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panesar racially abused

[furrycat]

Coach
JJ said:
ahh, well thankfully your university has higher standards than leagueunlimited.

it's great that universities have a focus on providing opportunities in tertiary education for those that traditionally wouldn't have found universities accessible... I can sense the pride you have in typing "my university" - it's very nice :D you puff out your chest and tell the world - :lol:

Oh that was an attempt to belittle me :lol:

... Key word 'attempt'

JJ

Immortal
just reinforcing your self belief :D it's quite heart warming that you feel so superior for enrolling in an undergraduate programme... go for it!

[furrycat]

Coach
Quite satisfying to see you make a fool of yourself as you actually think you have some wit :lol:

You do have some wit though I admit- aka Farkwit

HevyDevy

Coach
JJ said:
you're being pretty f**king precious Hevy... There's racism everywhere, I have simply taken issue with comments made by EL D, which whether racist or not could be interpreted that way.

It's sad that morons get their kicks from anonomously abusing sportspeople in any form - even moreso when it's racially motivated then it becomes disgraceful. Certainly not unique to Australia, but I think it needs to be addressed wherever it occurs rather than the standard line of "a small number of idiots" being trotted out.

Well it is a small number of idiots but yes, it needs to be stamped out.

Actually it will never be stamped out but it needs to be dealt with when it happens.

JJ

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
Well it is a small number of idiots but yes, it needs to be stamped out.

Actually it will never be stamped out but it needs to be dealt with when it happens.

yeah I agree, quick action is a key - but I think they've done reasonably well in that regard - people are being ejected. Hopefully some bans will take place when the events are viewed as serious enough.

HevyDevy

Coach
Panjabi said:
Australian crowds have been criticised for generating racially motivated abuse towards foreign teams over the last decade specifically the 05/06 South African tour and the 04 Indian Tour, but mark my words from past experiences nothing will compare to the abuse Monty Panesar receives this summer.

We already have stories of abuse (with racial overtones) coming out of a tour game watched by a handful of spectators, what do you think is going to happen throughout the Ashes when all venues will be filled to the brim?

This is not going to be the first time that Monty will be in the news and the racist streak of a handful of Australian cricket supporters will be rearing its ugly and all too prevalent head throughout the summer

So you didn't see the irony in Sth Africa complaining of racism from Australian crowds? We're not talking about a country with a wonderful track record here after all.

HevyDevy

Coach
Twizzle said:
I've been on the sideline when when the drunks were giving to Ashley Giles just for being a pomm, and the pomms give it to us for being convicts.

How is this any different, or is it only applicable to people with different coloured skin. I thought the issue was race, not colour.

Maybe some people should just live their life indoors if they are offended by what happens outside.

You have a valid point Twizzle.

There's a difference between racially abusing someone and simply abusing someone who happens to be of a different race. Of course, the PC crowd would call me racist if I called Monty a dickhead (just as an example because I actually think he's pretty cool - aside from bein a Pom) because of his Indian heritage.

willvillain

Juniors
As far as racial abuse goes, I'd class those calls as fairly tame - but because there will be a lot of drunk fools, I'd advise Monty to keep his cool because it's gonna get a lot worse than calling him an Indian idiot etc.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
JJ said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

It seems my opinions threatens you twizzle - I apologise.

in your tiny little mind, I've no doubt thats what you think,

I have absolutely no respect for any of your bias opinions, but you already knew that

now you have learned how to play by the rules, there will be no more warnings

Panjabi

Juniors
HevyDevy said:
So you didn't see the irony in Sth Africa complaining of racism from Australian crowds? We're not talking about a country with a wonderful track record here after all.

I see the irony but IMO racism is out of order regardless.

Panjabi

Juniors
willvillain said:
As far as racial abuse goes, I'd class those calls as fairly tame - but because there will be a lot of drunk fools, I'd advise Monty to keep his cool because it's gonna get a lot worse than calling him an Indian idiot etc.
Monty is thick skinned, I'm sure it will be water of a duck's back, but you're right it's going to get a whole lot worse and irrespective of how an individual deals with it, it's unsavoury and has to be stamped out regardless.

I agree, calling someone an Indian so-and-so is tame, but lets not forget this was a tour game watched by a handful of spectators, it will not be so tame when it's a full house.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Panjabi said:

I don't think anyone here disputes that, or the fact that loutish behaviour should be stamped out.

Australians cop it too when we tour overseas but very rarely does it ever get mentioned, even when it is said in thier native tongue

it wasn't until Darren Lehman went to the extent of learning a few words, did anyone ever understand what was being said about the Aussies

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
JJ said:
Racism generally involves some belief (false) of biological inferiority. The simpletons involved infer that on the basis of skin colour and other obvious differences between 'races'. White Australians and English are the same race - does this really need to be outlined to you?????????

if someone is labelled a black merkin, that is racist IMO. Equally if someone is labelled a white merkin - that is racist too. It's all about skin colour
you idiot.

Expressing the differences between races isn't racism.

Putting your race above all other races is racism.

Asking an Indian why he doesn't speak English when he plays for England is a question, not a racist remark.

Go and slap yourself stupid for an hour, hopefully that'll wake you up.

HevyDevy

Coach
Panjabi said:

Agreed, but "nothing will compare with what Monty faces this summer"?

As far as I'm concerned, nothing will compare with the racism suffered by Darrell Hair at the hands of the sub-continent.

Racism may not be welcome but using the fear of racism as a weapon to eliminate someone with differing ideological values than your own is just as bad.

I still don't understand how Hair is "racist" by the way.

Panjabi

Juniors
Rammo said:
So he was labelled as 'stupid'.

That was the only incorrect part of what the crowd said. The rest of it was true. He is Indian and he can't speak English. They were right to question why he is playing for England because he isn't English.

To complain about being called 'stupid' is a bit soft I think. Grow some thicker skin next time, Monty.

Monty Panesar was born in Bedfordshire, now if I am not mistaken that's right smack in the middle of England.

Monty Panesar is NOT Indian. He is English, born and bred!

How much more english do you have to be?

Panjabi

Juniors
Rammo said:
To complain about being called 'stupid' is a bit soft I think. Grow some thicker skin next time, Monty.

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Rammo said:
He is Indian and he can't speak English. They were right to question why he is playing for England because he isn't English.

lol wtf :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do your research before posting Rammo. Panesar is as Pommy as they come.