What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pangai Jr to be sacked

Big Pete

Referee
Fifita knew how much he was worth, he was never going to enter negotiations prematurely, especially not after Seibold signed with the club. Pangai Jr wasn't prioritised, he was off-contract and one way or another a deal had to be sorted out.

Chances are, Fifita still would have taken the money and run regardless. It would have been Karmichael Hunt all over again where Brisbane cleared all this room for him to re-sign only to get ridiculous money, coincidentally, from a Gold Coast franchise.

As far as the cap goes, Pangai isn't the issue for the Broncos. It's players like Boyd, Oates, Bird, Milford, Ofahengaue, Kahu, McCullough etc. who are on decent coin and contributing nowhere near their value. Factor in a few players Seibold happened to coach 7 years ago and their roster is just a mess.

dogslife

Coach
Will the Donkeys also sack Langer and co?
Alf should just steer clear of the pub for a while

85f7acf2b77fbf570add2504b117d58e

blaza88z

Coach
A year ago I would've felt disappointed to lose him but recently he hasn't even been trying, especially in defense

650k? Maybe they use it wisely, but I doubt that

davi

Juniors
Fifita knew how much he was worth, he was never going to enter negotiations prematurely, especially not after Seibold signed with the club. Pangai Jr wasn't prioritised, he was off-contract and one way or another a deal had to be sorted out.

Chances are, Fifita still would have taken the money and run regardless. It would have been Karmichael Hunt all over again where Brisbane cleared all this room for him to re-sign only to get ridiculous money, coincidentally, from a Gold Coast franchise.

As far as the cap goes, Pangai isn't the issue for the Broncos. It's players like Boyd, Oates, Bird, Milford, Ofahengaue, Kahu, McCullough etc. who are on decent coin and contributing nowhere near their value. Factor in a few players Seibold happened to coach 7 years ago and their roster is just a mess.

I agree what you said about Boyd, Bird, Milford, etc being more factors then Pangai. The truth is its a bit rich the Broncos expecting Fifita take less then market value and having Anthony Milford getting paid more then you. Milford was also happy to bump up his figure from interest from the Melbourne Storm and is now is half the player then Fifita is at his position.

I disagree about Fifita would have left regardless though, if Broncos could have matched it up to close to a million. I think he would have stayed. The difference was too great on a offer of $700, 000, and as I pointed out there are players in the team being paid more then you and are producing less (Bird, Milford). It would have been just too much to grapple with for him to accept.

DeeJ

Bench
I'm quite disappointed by the sacking but considering the season we are having, his recent performance and actions and being in contact with other clubs I can understand why the club is doing it.

The Broncos have an odd history with these types of exaggerated punishments. Remember when Joel Clinton was fined $50k for having a girl in his hotel room?

Big Pete

Referee
I agree what you said about Boyd, Bird, Milford, etc being more factors then Pangai. The truth is its a bit rich the Broncos expecting Fifita take less then market value and having Anthony Milford getting paid more then you. Milford was also happy to bump up his figure from interest from the Melbourne Storm and is now is half the player then Fifita is at his position.

I disagree about Fifita would have left regardless though, if Broncos could have matched it up to close to a million. I think he would have stayed. The difference was too great on a offer of $700, 000, and as I pointed out there are players in the team being paid more then you and are producing less (Bird, Milford). It would have been just too much to grapple with for him to accept.

Maybe under a different administration, but Fifita was leery of the direction of the club and was extremely aloof in negotiations giving Brisbane the run-around. Chances are, he would have still gone with the highest bidder which was the Gold Coast Titans.

They came up with a ridiculous offer and unfortunately for the Broncos it came at an extremely uncertain time for the club. Pangai or not, chances are he was out the door.

siv

First Grade
Sounds like Brisbane 2 will get their furst major signing

Behind Bennett and Langer

skeepe

Immortal
If the experiences of TPJ and Milford make the Broncos think twice before poaching players the Raiders have developed, then it has all been worth it.

johns_reds

First Grade
How much will they have with McCullough back on the books when he takes up his one year option?
Don’t forget that dead weight Bird, he has a player option too, he will take it up and sit on the sidelines for another year, worse signing ever.

AJB1102

First Grade
Don’t forget that dead weight Bird, he has a player option too, he will take it up and sit on the sidelines for another year, worse signing ever.

Cronulla offered him their biggest deal they've offered a bloke too & Broncs beat it with a Maccas tab & a couple extra $$$.

Absolutely he'll take his $900k option to stay. Gonna have to find a real dumb desperate club to grab him at even $200k.

He went to learn from Bennett. Learned to f**k a club from the best of them/