What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panther Player sex tape

franklin2323

Immortal
If no other clubs do not get exposed with lurid videos, then it is our club who was targeted. And it is common knowledge that at least 1 other club has players involved as reported by the SMH.

And if we are solely targeted,what role,if any,did the women play, and which media source was involved?

Well one of the videos. She looks straight at the camera. I hope this brought up in court as I am curious how that one wasn't known about.

May hasn't commented on any of this so we have to see what court brings I guess

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Well one of the videos. She looks straight at the camera. I hope this brought up in court as I am curious how that one wasn't known about.

I have a feeling that May is keeping his powder dry so to speak. He didn't even speak to the police before he was charged either.

GongPanther

Referee

Is the charge distributing the vid without her consent, regardless if she knew she was on camera?

franklin2323

Immortal
Interesting listen. Gus believes that the posting of the videos is strategic and deliberate. He also states that there are many media peeps with anonymous accounts stirring the pot - I think we can all hazard a guess at one of those identities :). He also berates the players for grand stupidity.

Thanks for posting Daz.

Hard to argue with anything he said really

TheFrog

Coach
Hard to argue with anything he said really
He sounds really down in the mouth in this podcast. Bracey did ask him would this make him think about giving up on the club or words to that effect, and he refuted the suggestion, but I've felt for some while now that his days at Panthers are numbered. I note also he's closed his Twitter account, again.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He sounds really down in the mouth in this podcast. Bracey did ask him would this make him think about giving up on the club or words to that effect, and he refuted the suggestion, but I've felt for some while now that his days at Panthers are numbered. I note also he's closed his Twitter account, again.

He closed his Twitter because he was sick of the trolls.

franklin2323

Immortal

Well for me. Ivan should be groomed to take over

Abacus

Juniors
Ivan to take over from Gus? Can someone explain to me why we think Ivan is capable? I would think a fair bit of commercial nous would be a prerequisite for the role - that's not something I associate with Ivan.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ivan to take over from Gus? Can someone explain to me why we think Ivan is capable? I would think a fair bit of commercial nous would be a prerequisite for the role - that's not something I associate with Ivan.
But you do with Gus?

What were Gus' quals.

Played footy, decent player, not outstanding.

Coached footy.

Commentated on footy.

So basically Gus was a commentator and Ivan was not?

franklin2323

Immortal

What qualifications did Gus have before he started?

Pomoz

Bench
But you do with Gus?

What were Gus' quals.

Played footy, decent player, not outstanding.

Coached footy.

Commentated on footy.

So basically Gus was a commentator and Ivan was not?
The experience you list for Gus was useful but misses a key component. I think doing the same sort of role at the Roosters for a number of years gave him the relevant experience (director of football was his role from memory. He wasn't coaching)). Now he has been doing it at the Panthers. Ivan on the other hand, has no experience as a GM. If you only hire people who have been GM's already, then new GM's would never be created.

I would have thought, commercial experience is only part of a list of requirements. Leadership experience and skills, understanding the industry and business model, experience in the industry, the ability to think strategically and plan for the long term would also be key requirements. Ivan has many of those skills.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well most GMs of large corporations have degrees in business, law, MBA or alike.

Not saying Gus is shyte, probably knows how to run a footy club better than an MBA.

Ivan is probably headed more towards running a club than a commentary box.

Latest posts