What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers All Time Fullback

Fullback

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomoz

Bench
In an interview with Matty John's, Nathan Cleary said Dyl is by far, the biggest talker on the field. He constantly gives instructions to the defence. Our defence is far less effective without him.

As for the "he'll be shown up in other teams", l might agree except he was close to MOM in SOO 3 this year.

MugaB

Coach
In the big games sure but Laurie pretty much matched his numbers when playing 1.

Edwards is brilliant but limited
You're gonna die on this hill bro,
0dd12e9f-7050-4664-94ea-e2716a526b83_text.gif
that's absurd, not sure you can compare Laurie's stopgap efforts to Dylan's, remember Laurie's basically the understudy, only a fill in...lacks the no. of games played, Dylan would certainly outweigh daine on every metric, purely on consistency, and not as many errors, which lauire is good for a few per game.
If you start saying Matt Eisenhuths numbers are similar to Yeoweh's, I'm going to drop a shìt where I stand in disbelief

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
I can’t quite recall, but it may have been Luke Keary on NRL 360, he made a rather innocuous comment about putting in an attacking kick behind our line on the 3rd or 4th tackle only for Dylan to clean up the kick. He was flabbergasted given Dylan had been involved in a tackle on the opposite side of the field in the tackle immediately prior. I remember thinking at the time Dylan does this each and every week game in game out. That’s what we have come to expect from him, just what he does.

Kilkenny

Coach
It's true though. I couldn't believe it if it didn't happen
There is not a Panther fan, or a fan of another club, who would objectively share such an opinion.

Leaving aside our fan bias, who love Dylan for what he delivers both defensively and with the ball in hand, I have many friends and family who are non Panther fans who marvel at his all round attributes.

To suggest, as you do, he is deficient in certain aspects of the game, says a lot about your knowledge, or lack there of, of the game. Perhaps you can try and persuade us that Matt Moylan was a much better fullback.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I love this sub. Four comps in a row and still periodically at each others' throats over random shit :) I don't know how you all keep it up; for me, moaning about shit online is my way to cope when we are losing. The last four years, this sub has been redundant for me and I post like once a month. I salute you all. (unironically).

Luke Bowden

First Grade
You're gonna die on this hill bro,
View attachment 95706
that's absurd, not sure you can compare Laurie's stopgap efforts to Dylan's, remember Laurie's basically the understudy, only a fill in...lacks the no. of games played, Dylan would certainly outweigh daine on every metric, purely on consistency, and not as many errors, which lauire is good for a few per game.
If you start saying Matt Eisenhuths numbers are similar to Yeoweh's, I'm going to drop a shìt where I stand in disbelief
I assumed he said it to try and stir me up, but he appears to actually believe it.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
In an interview with Matty John's, Nathan Cleary said Dyl is by far, the biggest talker on the field. He constantly gives instructions to the defence. Our defence is far less effective without him.

As for the "he'll be shown up in other teams", l might agree except he was close to MOM in SOO 3 this year.
Not close, he was.

snickers007

Juniors
I love this sub. Four comps in a row and still periodically at each others' throats over random shit :) I don't know how you all keep it up; for me, moaning about shit online is my way to cope when we are losing. The last four years, this sub has been redundant for me and I post like once a month. I salute you all. (unironically).

This place will burn to the ground if/when we slip down the ladder.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
There is not a Panther fan, or a fan of another club, who would objectively share such an opinion.

Leaving aside our fan bias, who love Dylan for what he delivers both defensively and with the ball in hand, I have many friends and family who are non Panther fans who marvel at his all round attributes.

To suggest, as you do, he is deficient in certain aspects of the game, says a lot about your knowledge, or lack there of, of the game. Perhaps you can try and persuade us that Matt Moylan was a much better fullback.
Such bias! All clubs need fans like you but some of us prefer to read the game based on facts.
Matty Moylan certainly wasn't a better fullback ya dick. He was a 6

Pomoz

Bench
Such bias! All clubs need fans like you but some of us prefer to read the game based on facts.
I think you were right about Dyl's ball playing once. But just like Billy Slater, who was not a good ball player when he started out, he has improved this part of his game every year. Now, he is a reasonable ball player and hopefully can continue to get better.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I think you were right about Dyl's ball playing once. But just like Billy Slater, who was not a good ball player when he started out, he has improved this part of his game every year. Now, he is a reasonable ball player and hopefully can continue to get better.
He has improved but its scary to think he came to the club as a 6! So as a junior 5/8 I'm not sure he'll improve much more.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
What he’s saying isn’t bias, you are in the minority here mate. I’ve not heard anyone with a half decent footy brain, share the same opinion as yours.

Your crusade to be seen as unbiased, has almost flipped you into the most biased poster on here… I know thats not your intention, but it’s stubbornly true.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
What he’s saying isn’t bias, you are in the minority here mate. I’ve not heard anyone with a half decent footy brain, share the same opinion as yours.

Your crusade to be seen as unbiased, has almost flipped you into the most biased poster on here… I know thats not your intention, but it’s stubbornly true.
Ask any non Panther fan about Dylan Edwards ballplaying ability. He's a fantastic overall footballer but it's very poor

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Ask any non Panther fan about Dylan Edwards ballplaying ability. He's a fantastic overall footballer but it's very poor
That’s what I’m saying mate, you are part of a massive majority. His ball playing has steadily been improving each season and will continue you too.

If his ball playing is very poor now, what was it 5 years ago???

How you think he’s the worst attacking FB in the league is quite alarming.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
That’s what I’m saying mate, you are part of a massive majority. His ball playing has steadily been improving each season and will continue you too.

If his ball playing is very poor now, what was it 5 years ago???

How you think he’s the worst attacking FB in the league is quite alarming.
You are a terrible judge. I love different opinions but wowee you struggle

soc123_au

Staff member
Poll now closed and we have a runaway winner. Great to see so many voters with even a few votes from other teams supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts