What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers R21 @ the Gong

TheRev

First Grade
I'll take the DRAW!
I know 2pts is always better than 1, but I must say a draw does take a lot of For & Against issues out of the equation!

That said there is no way Penrith dont score in 10 minutes of extra time! Still cant believe Cleary landed that 2pt angled kick last week.

justadragon

Bench
We capitulated both times to the Roosters , as a matter of fact they are the primary cause of why our F/A is so bad. We need to show something against the Panthers and Melb, just to validate our season. Getting smoked by both these sides would set us back immensely and questioning if we are ever going to turn the corner. Just a good solid game would do me and even if we lose at least make them earn it and take them down to the wire.

since77

Juniors
I know 2pts is always better than 1, but I must say a draw does take a lot of For & Against issues out of the equation!

That said there is no way Penrith dont score in 10 minutes of extra time! Still cant believe Cleary landed that 2pt angled kick last week.
not to mention we rarely win golden point games. Mr Marquee signing (C)Hunt can never ice a clutch moment. Plus we're too dumb to play golden point properly.

Parko1310

Juniors
The way I see it, we should be up for this one. Huge 2 points on the line, 2pm Sunday afternoon at the Gong - wearing our commemorative jersey and (hopefully) there's been a bit of a build up during the week about what the club means. Its an especially big game because we're heading down to Melbourne next week, it doesn't get much tougher than that and we're at risk of falling a few spots back on the ladder if we lose two in a row. We've named probably the best side we possibly could have - and I see an advantage for us on the interchange, our bench is better than theirs.

Sutton will give us nothing against penrith - no matter how big and vocal the crowd is on Sunday. We're going to have to deal with that and just get over it - first 20 minutes line speed will be crucial. Once their bench forwards come on and ours do too, line speed still crucial but it's a lot more comforting that our bench players are better. It's about weathering those periods when JFH and Leota are on and dominating field position. Hunt's kicking game has to be better to allow for this, a few early kicks maybe to make up for the fact that when he kicks on the 5th all he does is find opposition wingers/fullbacks on the full. If we pin them, discipline, discipline, discipline. Give Sutton no reason to blow his whistle, because he will given the slightest opportunity. Hunt also needs to just get out of the way and let the ball go left in this game which is the thing that worries me most. There's points out there if we let the ball go left, but Hunt just won't allow it. Absolute ball hog. If we go left, angled runs from Suli right at Cleary are the go, Sloan out the back of shape to expose Tago who has been hopeless this year defensively. I just pray Hunt doesn't dominate the possession down the right, it would illustrate just how clueless and selfish he is considering how blatantly obvious it is we need to go left

Latest posts