What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers @ Souths.

Sleep

Juniors
So with last night out of the way, on to the next game we go! Souths were outstanding two weeks ago against the Tigers. Last week they struggled against the Warriors over in NZ.

They're a bit up and down but when they're on their game they're a top team. Word is Petero is going to be rested for this game. I understand the logic behind it but Souths forward pack is as good as it gets. Hopefully Lewis and Waterhouse come through okay because we'll need them and big games from Grant and Bell.

I'm confident if we play smart footy we can get the win.

Hopefully the team looks something like...

1. Coote
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Purtell
5. Tighe (he's served his punishment and was good for us before getting into trouble. His defense with Purtell in my opinion too was better than the Purtell/Elford combination).
6. Burns (Hasn't really done anything wrong. I'm a huge Graham fan but in the limited chances he's had he hasn't really done enough to unseat Burns)
7. Walsh
8. Grant
9. Kingson
10. Civoniceva/Puletua (If Petero is rested)
11. Waterhouse
12. Pritchard (Due for a big one)
13. Lewis

14. Bell
15. McKendry
16. Cooper/Smith (Take your pick. Cooper was outstanding against Canterbury though)
17. Iosefa (Scratchy but will come in handy against the Bunnies. Tough in defense)

Cranky Sod

Juniors
and the team is

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Adrian Purtell
5. Shane Elford
6. Travis Burns
7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Luke Lewis
Interchange:
14. Masada Iosefa
15. Nathan Smith
16. Matthew Bell
17. Sam McKendry
18. Wade Graham
19. Gavin Cooper
20. Frank Puletua

NYC Team
1.Harry Seijka 2.Andrew Pelasio 3. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 4.Greg Waddell 5. Jack Twist 6. David Farkas 7. Matthew Moylan 8. TJ Fonoti 9. Daniel Mahoney 10. Evrett Vaurasi 11. Andrew Pritchard (C) 12.Sarafu Fatiaki 13. Reece Goldsmith
Interchange: 14. Damien Cook 15. Mitch Davis 16. Kyle Fraser 17. Sam Jones 18.Tom Eisenhuth 19. Alan Eisenhuth

NSW Cup Team
1.Ryan Walker 2.Zoram Watene 3.Brad Tighe 4.Jesse Sene-Lefao 5.Sandor Earl 6.Maurice Blair 7.Craig Trindall 8.David Tangata-toa 9.Brad Clarke 10.Aaron Sweeney 11.Daniel Penese 12.Matt McConnell 13. Josh Bateman
Interchange: 14.Adam Schubert 15. Shane Blackett 16.Wiremu Weepu 17.Ryan Russell 18.Matthew Hall

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=26038

Fibroman

First Grade
and the team is

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Adrian Purtell
5. Shane Elford
6. Travis Burns
7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Luke Lewis
Interchange:
14. Masada Iosefa
15. Nathan Smith
16. Matthew Bell
17. Sam McKendry
18. Wade Graham
19. Gavin Cooper
20. Frank Puletua

NYC Team
1.Harry Seijka 2.Andrew Pelasio 3. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 4.Greg Waddell 5. Jack Twist 6. David Farkas 7. Matthew Moylan 8. TJ Fonoti 9. Daniel Mahoney 10. Evrett Vaurasi 11. Andrew Pritchard (C) 12.Sarafu Fatiaki 13. Reece Goldsmith
Interchange: 14. Damien Cook 15. Mitch Davis 16. Kyle Fraser 17. Sam Jones 18.Tom Eisenhuth 19. Alan Eisenhuth

NSW Cup Team
1.Ryan Walker 2.Zoram Watene 3.Brad Tighe 4.Jesse Sene-Lefao 5.Sandor Earl 6.Maurice Blair 7.Craig Trindall 8.David Tangata-toa 9.Brad Clarke 10.Aaron Sweeney 11.Daniel Penese 12.Matt McConnell 13. Josh Bateman
Interchange: 14.Adam Schubert 15. Shane Blackett 16.Wiremu Weepu 17.Ryan Russell 18.Matthew Hall

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=26038

Blackett back in NSW Cup. He will be starting in front of Petero in FG in a few weeks.

franklin2323

Immortal
All 3 pulled up fine all should play. If thats the case with our great kicking accuracy this season we should win. Souths struggle when on the back foot so our scoots from our backs with our basic attack should help us in the rain

Us by 10-12

franklin2323

Immortal
we have to shut sutton down.He is the key .i think the forwards will cancell each other out

Yeah he is dangerous He and Walsh are 1 and 2 in try assists yet he has all but 2 off passes or breaks.

Walsh has all but 2 off Kicks.

The good news for us is Lewis is 2nd in 1 on 1 tackles so he should be marking Sutton so should handle him ok. If not it's Burns who has the beast techique I have seen for a while

maple_69

Bench
I still think it'll come down to the forwards. We rely on field position to score tries off the back of Walsh/Coote etc. I think we've been getting closer to the running game with dominant recent performances from our outside backs.

Despite Souths much hyped back I think we edge them especially off the bench and in the roving lock role.
I can see Pritchard stampeding over Sandow already!

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
petro being out is a huge sign for me. if asotasi plays, we should win. but the thing with my beloved rabbitohs is one week we are Jeckle, the next we are Hyde... at least we make a lovely pair

Big Mick

Referee
petro being out is a huge sign for me. if asotasi plays, we should win. but the thing with my beloved rabbitohs is one week we are Jeckle, the next we are Hyde... at least we make a lovely pair

TBH your team will not make the 8 if you cannot win Sunday imo.

We are coming off a physical Monday Night game. We have 2 players returning after Origin playing significant minutes, we have lost our captain and best front rower, You've got a fully fit pack and only Taylor backing up after playing less than 10 minutes, plus having 2 more days rest.

IMO its Bunnies game to lose.

Kilkenny

Coach
TBH your team will not make the 8 if you cannot win Sunday imo.

We are coming off a physical Monday Night game. We have 2 players returning after Origin playing significant minutes, we have lost our captain and best front rower, You've got a fully fit pack and only Taylor backing up after playing less than 10 minutes, plus having 2 more days rest.

IMO its Bunnies game to lose.

I agree and it's not about excuses it's about reality.

If I was going to invest my hard earned on this game, I would put it on the Bunnies.

I cannot see the Panthers getting up in this one. Our best outcome is a wet rain sogged game where maybe the kicking game will decide the outcome. That is a best chance. It is not an excuse just reality.

murraymob

Coach
the bunnies have been poor for a while bar the tigers game.We just have to muscle up in defence hopefully lewis and waterhouse can play there usuall minutes

abpanther

Staff member
Man we were just terribly flat, even Lewis and Waterhouse were pretty poor, and Pritchard is useless, always injured and no heart on that Sutton try. Only Coote can hold his head up high.

I think we rely too much on kicks, I think Graham has to come in...

Sleep

Juniors
Waterhouse's petrol tank was obviously on empty. He didn't have anywhere near his usual sting in attack or defense and was off a lot earlier than he would of been normally.