What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers U20

greenfins

Juniors
I did not get to the game, what went so wrong to get a scoreline like that for round 1.

I have seen the Newcastle NYC team in the trial games, don't agree it was men verses boys.

Poor attitude is usually the reason for scorelines like this so early in the season, how could the coach get it so wrong.

I was told Penrith forwards were terrible, did any of them stand up?

BOMAR

Juniors
Theo Stuart was good that's about it. Austin played a locks game at 5/8th.

Some of Nerwcastle's tries were terrible beyond soft

Surely you are joking, Austin scored 2/3 tries, set the other one up with a lovely placed cross field kick. He topped the stats in tackle breaks, try assists, offloads and line breaks.
We had forwards that couldnt punch through the line at all. Just wondering what your thoughts are of Harrys game. We only seem to hear the good things. Some people on this forum truly have no idea:x:?:crazy:

franklin2323

Immortal
Surely you are joking, Austin scored 2/3 tries, set the other one up with a lovely placed cross field kick. He topped the stats in tackle breaks, try assists, offloads and line breaks.
We had forwards that couldnt punch through the line at all. Just wondering what your thoughts are of Harrys game. We only seem to hear the good things. Some people on this forum truly have no idea:x:?:crazy:

Where did I say he played bad?

This was the question by Greenfins: I was told Penrith forwards were terrible, did any of them stand up?

I answered by saying Austin played like a lock just with the 6 on his back. I thought he played well but the pack was well beaten and could use his skill in the pack. As for Harry he was MIA.

Last edited:

greenfins

Juniors
Melville has named same team, with exception of injuried full back Josh Leslie. Surely a number of these must be on notice, especially the forward pack.

I hope the attitude is much better this week.

murraymob

Coach
Alex is a good coach.Its hard to know what went wrong round 1 in both grades But they boys turned it around a pleasing result

greenfins

Juniors
Anyone see the game at Parra, how did the Penrith forwards match up.

I heard quite a few injuries out of the game.

Harry Seijka knee - possible 4-5 weeks
Dilan Curtis - knee possible reconstruction
2 other un-named forwards with shoulders.

MountainMan

Juniors

I'v heard in the past that Curtis is abit of a drama queen with his injuries,enjoys the attention,so Iv heard.
Thats a shame for young Seijka if true especially after his trial form

franklin2323

Immortal

200% better. Both Seijka and Curtis went off after 10mins. We had a 16-0 lead at 1/2 time. Just after 1/2 time we basically had to defend for 20mins straight.

I was pretty much behind a corner post in bay 40 so could hear them talking behind the line. The good thing was they were talking it up the whole time and didn't drop heads once. The last try was a huge 20m ran by a forward in number 22 i think it was Stuart but could be wrong

greenfins

Juniors
I was pretty much behind a corner post in bay 40 so could hear them talking behind the line. The good thing was they were talking it up the whole time and didn't drop heads once. The last try was a huge 20m ran by a forward in number 22 i think it was Stuart but could be wrong[/QUOTE]

Thanks Franklin, good to see things are looking better. The injuries may test them out this week.

MountainMan

Juniors
Austin was a stand out at 5/8
If he didn't play,i think we would of got touched up.All our points came from him,scored and assist.
Anyone catch tyrone Viiga? i now see why we let him go !

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Austin was a machine yesterday, sensational game which will put him into First Grade calculations you would think.