What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers U20

stretcher

Juniors
good to see a much improved performance. The side looked much more balanced with austin back at 6 and moylan at 1 in his return from injury.
finally melville has picked blake south on the bench mayb they will get some line breaks although i dont hold my breath of him getting a game.......5man bench

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I guess from SG Ball they would take Satini, perhaps Jennings too. Regan has a real tough attitude but maybe a bit small. Cartwright is a year young but if we are no chance of making the 8 later in the year they should give him a shot.

Satini has been named in the Toyota Cup team this week. First one to progress from SG Ball in 2011.

greenfins

Juniors
Satini was not up to it on the weekend, defence was lacking.

Melville needs to find some forwards, Eisenhauth only one who made any meters. Tia Kilif & both props were ordinary.

Hard to find any positives out of that game against the Tigers, I know the team have a few injuries but for mine the forwards are just not performing.

franklin2323

Immortal
I thought the forwards were much better from previous weeks. The 5 passes into touch & 3 errors inside the attacking 20 killed us. We had plenty of ball up the right end of the field our 1/2's & backs went mia

Fibroman

First Grade
We need to stop trying to re-invent the wheel.

Find out what the other clubs are doing differently to us with their junior development and use that as a gauge to do things differently ourselves.

greenfins

Juniors
We need to stop trying to re-invent the wheel.

Find out what the other clubs are doing differently to us with their junior development and use that as a gauge to do things differently ourselves.

Well start by comparing the run meters of our forwards against all other teams, will show where to start.

How do you rate Harry, will he make it after this year, for me he has been really disappointing the past 2 years.

kanga

Juniors
Well start by comparing the run meters of our forwards against all other teams, will show where to start.

How do you rate Harry, will he make it after this year, for me he has been really disappointing the past 2 years.
I would rather see the combination of dengate (a good feeder half) with Austin (a good play reader and kicker). I would much rather Austin have the options to kick more and the ball more as he looks like doing something quite often and he can get that with dengate.

murraymob

Coach
I would rather see the combination of dengate (a good feeder half) with Austin (a good play reader and kicker). I would much rather Austin have the options to kick more and the ball more as he looks like doing something quite often and he can get that with dengate.

does your son know you are pushing his barrow

kanga

Juniors
does your son know you are pushing his barrow
My son is 10 and doesnt have a barrow. I would push it for him though as he is not big enough yet.

What is your problem anyway. Didnt you like what I said. I think I explained what I think is a good combination. You got a problem with that, then debate it.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well another poor attacking performance. We don't spread the ball. We get in the attacking 30 & nothing.

Kanga, the reason I think Austin is better suited to lock is his passing game. He rarely throws cutouts, Hasn't got the best kicking game. He reminds me of Lewis great step, danger when running it, can put outside players over but is better just playing how he sees it rather then setting up plays. Seijka/Dengate halves with Austin at lock seems ideal

Kilkenny

Coach
Our Toyota Cup side have been very poor.

Our SG Ball failed to qualify for the semi's after losing to WA in the last round.

Our Director of Football has a lot of work to do.

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
maybe Penrith should look back at the Harold Matts side that played Parra in 2008.Parra has brought through 10 of that squad who also made the sg ball gf in 2010 and played 20,s last year as 17/18 year olds and are currently sitting 6th spot.
Check and see how many of that squad are curently in the Panthers NYC.

murraymob

Coach
maybe Penrith should look back at the Harold Matts side that played Parra in 2008.Parra has brought through 10 of that squad who also made the sg ball gf in 2010 and played 20,s last year as 17/18 year olds and are currently sitting 6th spot.
Check and see how many of that squad are curently in the Panthers NYC.

no use looking back if that squad was good enough they would push through

murraymob

Coach
SOMETIMES the obvious gets overlooked,Penrith need to look why they havn,t pushed to play at a higher level.

sometimes its easy to overate kids at a junior level.Example penrith and parra have dominated at ball and matts.Now move on to first grade its been 30 years since parra last won and 8 since penrith won. i follow our juniors and i can tell you there has not been many missed that where good enough to come through

franklin2323

Immortal
Murray. I know last year in the 15's we turned up to sign atleast 10 players gf day only to be too late. If this has been the normal for the last 5 years. It's no wonder we have struggled.

Buhrer, Horo, Fifita are 3 that spring too mind as falling through the net

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
Exactly what i mean , you have to have people to identify talent then its the coaches at varying age groups to develop the player---were the 2008 matts side not given enough development since ????

franklin2323

Immortal
Apparently not. Everything has been on a shoestring budget. Gould has created 3 new positions Matt's, Ball & NYC. Fulltime Development & coaching roles they will attend the schoolboy festivals & various junior games & identify talent earlier so we aren't beaten to the signature by other clubs. Sounds great in theory instead of 1 person all 3 teams. They only need to work with the 2 age groups. Lets hope it works