What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Parra

The_Frog

First Grade
Parra fans have been opening there wallets and making the tab rich for 36 years .this game will be no different .big money will go on the eels in the days before game time tipping the odds there way
Betting with your heart is for turkeys.

abpanther

Staff member
Hopefully we can bounce back. While Edwards isn't perfect one thing that's underrated about his game is his support play, I'm sure he would've been there when Yeo made that break. Also having him back means Staines is out of the team so it's addition by subtraction!!

Kilkenny

Coach
There are no guarantees either Edwards or Leota will return against the Eels. Dylan’s been carrying his foot injury for months now and would appear surgery is the only option long term. The week off, combined with pain killing injections will probably get him on the field but who knows.

If Dylan is unavailable, Ivan should stick with the backline he choose against the Bunnies. I know Charlie didn’t have a great game, but dropping him again to make changes involving Naden, Momo, Tago etc would reek of desperation or panic at this late stage.

murraymob

Coach
There are no guarantees either Edwards or Leota will return against the Eels. Dylan’s been carrying his foot injury for months now and would appear surgery is the only option long term. The week off, combined with pain killing injections will probably get him on the field but who knows.

If Dylan is unavailable, Ivan should stick with the backline he choose against the Bunnies. I know Charlie didn’t have a great game, but dropping him again to make changes involving Naden, Momo, Tago etc would reek of desperation or panic at this late stage.
The trainer said he could have played last week it was close.this is lose and gone game he needs to play

GongPanther

Referee
So all things considered, a win looks very likely V Parra if we click right back into gear. Depending how well we do play will go a long way in how we handle the Storm.

martielang

Bench
Think I’d start Kiks and try and get 70 - 80 out of him. Capewell back to the bench and potentially play him through the middle for a short period if Yeo needs a breather.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Think I’d start Kiks and try and get 70 - 80 out of him. Capewell back to the bench and potentially play him through the middle for a short period if Yeo needs a breather.
Ivan has never been good at the bench rotation

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
The Souths game was literally the second game in two years against strong opponents that we haven’t shifted up a couple gears in intensity, discipline and execution. Other being the grand final. We were oddly flat and we’ve been very good at getting up for the big ones and coasting through the dross.

What that means I don’t know. Certainly I’ve noticed we don’t seem as up and about and over the top exuberant when tries are scored. Fish is oddly off. Maybe we have just gassed out from a big, mentally draining season for a young squad.

Or maybe we’re timing it a lot better this year and we have 3 monster games in the pipeline. Should be a ripper of an arvo!