What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Parra

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It’s perfectly reasonable to feel apprehensive, nervous or less than totally confident about the outcome of a game in a two team contest.

There have been some on here who have promoted this notion this NRL season was ours to lose. Given the variables around injuries, form, suspensions and other factors such suggestions were just plain silly. Two horse race some suggested well it is now apparent those who promoted those views have egg on there face and we are in a dog fight for our survival in this competition.

Can we still make the GF, yes we can, while ever we are still alive.

Can we win the GF yes we can, if we get there.

While there’s life there’s hope, just accepting it as a given was always likely to end badly and we are now in sudden death. Forgive me Alice if I was never in the ‘it’s our to lose camp’.er

I don't think Kilkenny I ever uttered such a phrase.

I believe (and have done for many years) that no game is easy, even against the wooden spooner.

I've often uttered the words 'no game is a 'gimmie'. Not about to start now.

Nealo 12

Bench
Here's the thing though P_do Paws . Your feeble little brain hasn't processed the fact that I know exactly where to find you so if you want to continue being a mouthy piece of shit I may have to slip on my size 15 Docs and come and do a Skinhead Moonstomp on your face.

This is the real Jimbo for everyone that loves his input as much as I do

Jim Rockford

Bench
Obviously I want us to knock Storm out and make the GF but if Storm do make the GF against you, they'd be heavy favourites and they have the track record in head to head and Bellamy's record v Bennett as well as experience to justify the favouritism. By comparison our experience (youngest squad in the NRL) and finals pedigree isn't too good. That's just my honest prediction not necessarily what I want to happen.
I won't deny if we have to play the Storm we will be up against it. They well and truly have the wood on us but, as they say, you've got to be in it to win it.

The_Frog

First Grade
The worry for me in this game is the number of players returning from injury, possibly early in a sudden death game.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
So Yeo has basically come out and admitted that the non-stop string of shitty nothing bombs against Souths was a purposeful tactic:

Co-captain Isaah Yeo said the team was shocked at how well Taaffe recovered from the early dropped bomb.

“Normally that rocks your confidence but I thought he did a really good job of not letting that first one get to him; he caught every single one after that,” he said.

“We got a bit too stuck on kicking to him, but that’s not the only reason we lost. We lost because of the penalties we were giving away and with the pressure we were letting him off with.”

I really worry about our brain's trust. We do well with a simple game plan, but we appear to have no ability to adjust on the fly.

Vicpanther

Juniors
I'm sick of seeing this bullshit chokers tag being mentioned. Only 1 team wins a premiership every year dose that make all the other teams chokers. Just a stupid thing to say.
Anyway after watching the eels struggle with Newcastle I can't see us loosing.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I'm sick of seeing this bullshit chokers tag being mentioned. Only 1 team wins a premiership every year dose that make all the other teams chokers. Just a stupid thing to say.
Anyway after watching the eels struggle with Newcastle I can't see us loosing.

A team that goes, what 39-4 over two seasons and then falls behind by 26 points in the GF and then goes out in straight sets the next year?

I would call them chokers.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I didn't watch the finals last year - were our performances better, worse, or the same as the regular season games, in general? Can't tell much from the scores by themselves.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I didn't watch the finals last year - were our performances better, worse, or the same as the regular season games, in general? Can't tell much from the scores by themselves.
Worse but we were cooked a few weeks before the finals, limped in continuing to win games but we were poor for at least a month prior

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Worse but we were cooked a few weeks before the finals, limped in continuing to win games but we were poor for at least a month prior

Maybe we just have a problem with timing our run?

For me, there are two types of choke in sport:

(a) short-term: the Atlanta Falcons-type that lose individual games from an almost unassailable position
(b) long-term: teams/athletes that regularly play well when the pressure is off, but can never pull it together in finals (Andy Murray-like?)

We are in danger of being the second. It's up to our coach to sort it out. At least in the Souths game, there was a heavy tactical element to the loss.

Latest posts