What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Parra

WestyLife

First Grade
No no no because he had to kick a bit more this means nothing according to the brains trust on here.

I've never seen someone dominate Origin and come back a worse player

Yeah it's been a massive fall from grace. That souths game says it all. Gets good early ball 3rd tackle and yeets it to the fullback first set of the game.

murraymob

First Grade
I won't deny if we have to play the Storm we will be up against it. They well and truly have the wood on us but, as they say, you've got to be in it to win it.
The storm are right now 20 points better than any team other than the eels.dont know what the eels do better but they have beaten them both times this year

Prior to season 2020 our win percentage under Klein was in the vicinity of 25%, may have been slightly lower can’t quite remember. Since then win percentage would have increased given we’ve only lost half a dozen or so i assume he officiated during some of our wins this past two weeks seasons. It is a truly horrific record, coincidence I guess it is but it seems strange. It is a worry for this week.
Prior to 2020 our win percentage with all referees was in the vicinity of 25%...

stryker

First Grade
Why? Are you planning to cut the brake lines on their team bus?
Won’t need to.
These two packs will belt the holy hell out of each other to the point that Melbourne will face a side who is battered and bruised next week and possibly unable to go to that level to beat them.

WestyLife

First Grade
Won’t need to.
These two packs will belt the holy hell out of each other to the point that Melbourne will face a side who is battered and bruised next week and possibly unable to go to that level to beat them.

Can't argue. That week off is such a big help. It'll show how good our systems really are.

Big Mick

Referee
I don't think anyone is doubting that Luai is out of form vs the first 12 weeks in the season. He was arguably better than Clearly in the first half of the season and was streaks ahead of Munster and Walker as five-eight.

But I think it's downright stupid to give up on him considering it's probably a lack of confidence given his knee injury and coming back too early.

I don't think it's a surprise he is not as explosive or taking on the line as much since that injury.

Maybe he is in his own head and the knee is fine now, I don't know.

But to suggest we should move on from him, is just ridiculous.

Fangs

Coach
This is definitely Jerome's game to shine. He will be playing down Fergusons wing. Short kicking game will cause trouble for him.

And if King Crappo overcompensates and camps down that edge then there will be opportunities towards the centre third of the field.

Tyrone May might be a very useful inclusion here. He has had a lot of handy moments running onto short kicks.

WestyLife

First Grade
I don't think anyone is doubting that Luai is out of form vs the first 12 weeks in the season. He was arguably better than Clearly in the first half of the season and was streaks ahead of Munster and Walker as five-eight.

But I think it's downright stupid to give up on him considering it's probably a lack of confidence given his knee injury and coming back too early.

I don't think it's a surprise he is not as explosive or taking on the line as much since that injury.

We don't need to drop him, he just has to be better at this time of year regardless of the reasons. It is a knock out final after all.

Big Mick

Referee
We don't need to drop him, he just has to be better at this time of year regardless of the reasons. It is a knock out final after all.

Of course. But there were people in the other thread saying when Api leaves to let Luai go and get another hooker in. That literally makes no sense. Weakens us in 2 positions.

WestyLife

First Grade
Of course. But there were people in the other thread saying when Api leaves to let Luai go and get another hooker in. That literally makes no sense. Weakens us in 2 positions.

I don't see how that could possibly improve us.

BxTom

Bench

Agree with this. I too think his form is linked to his injury.

Smug Panther

First Grade
By the time Luai's contract is up Api will be almost done

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
By some of the writing in this forum I was beginning to believe we finished the season in 14th place, not 2nd.

Yes this weekend is gunna be bloody tough, extremely. It's going to be hard work and Penrith will have to be at our best to beat Parramatta and then if we're very lucky Melbourne.

The idea though of moving players on if it wasn't so sad it would be laughable.

Our season hasn't been a disaster. In fact far from it.

Vicpanther

Juniors

as someone who has had knee surgery (6 weeks ago) i can testify to how small little things become unnerving. I know he didn't have surgery but that fear and the brain not wanting to do things is still there.
honestly thinks its a confidence issue of his knee.

WestyLife

First Grade
as someone who has had knee surgery (6 weeks ago) i can testify to how small little things become unnerving. I know he didn't have surgery but that fear and the brain not wanting to do things is still there.
honestly thinks its a confidence issue of his knee.

It's probably right but he has to get over it for such an important game.

Vicpanther

Juniors
It's probably right but he has to get over it for such an important game.
hope he can. It really is a weird feeling. I am only just teaching myself how to walk up and down stairs. My brain just doesn't want to do it i have to force it. would not be surprised if he is the same.
Luia has always been a confidence player though. As much as he has copped shit he has done a ok job I am more concerned for kiks. he has looked lazy and being found out more times than not lately. His pass after his break the other day was horrendous.

Latest posts