What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Parra

Crashtest

Juniors
See it seems very random. If Naden was above Staines you'd think he played last week and same for Staines this week. Maybe there is something to it but nothing that's obvious to fans.
It really isn’t random if you look at decisions made throughout the season though.

It just takes looking at it objectively rather than always looking through the Ivan is a chocker and shit coach glasses that some on here look through.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
It really isn’t random if you look at decisions made throughout the season though.

It just takes looking at it objectively rather than always looking through the Ivan is a chocker and shit coach glasses that some on here look through.

Maybe. Naden has and can play right side. I also was first to suggest it was possibly Staines right side and Naden left as a possibility.

Crashtest

Juniors
Let’s not forget it was O’Neill who went after Cleary with out even co silting the board.No say is he flicking him
There is no way Brandy or any of the Board would even be contemplating getting rid of Ivan given the last 2 years that we have had. And I am not just talking about on field success, but the with the culture and team first spirit that has thrived over the last 2 seasons.

Just remember only 3 seasons back, when Gould did his review of the culture of the club after the May video scandal, and how he said how dismayed he was by what he had uncovered.

The yak

Juniors
I don't know if we choked. We were definitely out coached with Bennett's mind games and game play niggling tactics.
One thing is for sure. Finals time you should be playing your best football. I didn't see that last week.
I expect a better performance tonight.

Abacus

Juniors
There is no way Brandy or any of the Board would even be contemplating getting rid of Ivan given the last 2 years that we have had. And I am not just talking about on field success, but the with the culture and team first spirit that has thrived over the last 2 seasons.

Just remember only 3 seasons back, when Gould did his review of the culture of the club after the May video scandal, and how he said how dismayed he was by what he had uncovered.
How long before Ivan is bumped to coaching director (or whatever) & Ciraldo to head coach? Going to need to decide pretty soon if we want him to stay or not.

Girds89

Bench
How long before Ivan is bumped to coaching director (or whatever) & Ciraldo to head coach? Going to need to decide pretty soon if we want him to stay or not.
Cant see it happening.

Its not like ivans getting on in years. He has plenty left in him if he wants it.

The reality is id say next time a head coach job comes up ciraldo will ve very likely to take it and will probably be a front runner.

I like what wallace did earlier in the year with nsw cup. He seems to have a great understanding of the game and is a penrith boy through and through. Lower blues junior.

He will be next cab off the rank if/when cam goes.

The reality is given the last few seasons we have had ivans future is basically locked up for next 2-3 seasons. Cam will be gone by than and be a head coach somewhere.

Crashtest

Juniors
We lost 3 games all year in any other year, Storm had 20 wins in 2019 and 2017. Roosters lost 8 games in 2018 and won the Minor Premiership.

Out of 44 regular season games across the last 2 seasons, We have lost 4. There was an article on NRL.com about that,It is the best in 60 years. These last 2 years are history making across the game, There is no excuse for not going on with it
Last season we had one of the youngest and least experienced team in the competition, yet despite all of that made it all the way to a grand final. Even this season, we are .3 of a year per player average from once again being the youngest team in the comp. And we are even younger than last season with our average age 1 year less than last season.

The youngest team this season by is the Tigers, and as a comparison how well did their season go this year? The Storm and Souths average age is 2 years more per player than the Panthers this season.

We have been a team that constantly underachieves. Last season was a massive step in changing that for the long term future. This season, regardless of how it finishes, is a continuation of the progress to us being a genuine team that challenges for the top 4 every season.

Yes, Ivans season record is simply outstanding, just some rare and out of order, shortcomings in the odd big match. A touch of humanity and sin in footy Xanadu.

Whatever his horrific lapses in character, the odd Karen episode, his arrogance, overall pathetic whinging nature, his selfishness, rudeness and belittling of others, he is a very f**king talented NRL coach and I duff the beanie.

Due is due to the creep.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
It's hard to compare era's but on par with 03-04 I think. Attack isn't close, but defence making up for it.

We are lacking the hard edge that we had 89-91.
A lot of 89 in the current position, including running second, losing week 1 and the coach making panicked selections (eg Chris Mortimer to the bench). That side did toil manfully against a white hot Raiders outfit in the week 2 game, but they got us in the end. Losing Van der Voort when he was scoring didn't help. Thankfully there is no Meninga, Daley, Stuart or Clyde in the current Parra side.

Panfa

Juniors
We should beat parra tonight,but we can't afford to lose any more players to injury or suspension for the storm game next week.My big concern for penrith was playing all games in qld where we do not have a very good record.Throw in Ashley Klein ref tonight and that just makes it worse.We need to come out swinging and if we don't then questions need to be answered as to why we couldn't get up for these games.Parra can't be under estimated and the 4 ex players would love to put 1 over us so fire up boys and go get em from the 1st whistle panthers.

Yes one of the greatest coaches of all time is available next year
Ciraldo will be at the tigers next year in some capacity. A really good move.

Done and dusted I heard, but he can’t announce this high treason and treachery until the end of the season, lest it upset your campaign for footy justice.

We understand.

Last edited:
Dinky it’s well known he has “creative differences” with Ivan and he’s flat out refusing to deny reports he will leave next season.

Some say he will even replace Madge for our pre-season.

Hopefully he can bring my beloved Kiks. But the High Street is littered is youngsters. you trip over them on the way to Westfields after giving a police interview at the cop shop near Panther kebab.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Dinky it’s well known he has “creative differences” with Ivan and he’s flat out refusing to deny reports he will leave next season.

Some say he will even replace Madge for our pre-season.

Hopefully he can bring my beloved Kiks. But the High Street is littered is youngsters. you trip over them on the way to Westfields after giving a police interview at the cop shop near Panther kebab.
Am I actually talking to you? Be gone.

maple_69

Bench
I’d give Ivan one more year. Past that and while we might have taken a big step forward, you’d have to put a line through him as the guy to get us a premiership. In saying that he’ll have hopefully learned a lot this past few years in what it takes to steer a heavyweight into the final straight at top speed. He’s never had to do it before. Our core are all just starting to hit their prime and our experience across the 17 will actuaply be going up next year as well so they are only going to get better at the big moments I think.