What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Papalii turns his back on Kiwis

Leaguefan22

Juniors
Yeah, that's why they're picking him. :sarcasm:

They're picking him because he's a Kiwi, you dopey dickhead. I seriously hope you don't make it to double-digit posts

I'm not saying he's not a Kiwi. I'm making an observation about what a farce it is that he even has the option. The Kangaroos did the same thing with Karmichael Hunt. They ambushed him with a surprise selection and kind of trapped him into playing for Australia. That shouldn't be happening.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yeah this is really a 'surprise' selection :lol::lol:

Yeah we really trapped him, such as declaring earlier this year he wanted to play for the Kiwis, or being selected for the Junior Kiwis. We trapped him into doing that too.

Meth

Staff member
I'm not saying he's not a Kiwi. I'm making an observation about what a farce it is that he even has the option. The Kangaroos did the same thing with Karmichael Hunt. They ambushed him with a surprise selection and kind of trapped him into playing for Australia. That shouldn't be happening.

It is a farce, yes. But the Kiwis have nothing to do with that.

And like Fast Eddie said, there is nothing surprising about his selection.

Meth

Staff member
Triple M are reporting that an approach was made by QLD/Australia to Kasiano, but he rejected it.

It is a farce, yes. But the Kiwis have nothing to do with that.

And like Fast Eddie said, there is nothing surprising about his selection.

mate, that selective memory of yours is playing up again. Surely you haven't forgotten the Kiwis attempted ambush selection of Karmichael Hunt? It caused quite a kerfuffle at the time. To refresh your memory it was back in the days of Sel Bennet, one in a long line of crooked NZRL chairmen. He was due to announce the team live on sky sport. However, as a result of the usual kiwi paranoia, it was feared Broncos coach Wayne Bennet might exert some undue influence over Karmichael. Hence tricky Sel hatched a plan to wait until 2 hours before the announcement of the team to inform Karmichael of his selection, in the hope of rushing him into accepting his spot on the team. Alas for poor Sel, the plan did not work out as hoped, and he was forced to pencil out Karmichael's name from the official team sheet live on tv.

Meth

Staff member
mate, that selective memory of yours is playing up again. Surely you haven't forgotten the Kiwis attempted ambush selection of Karmichael Hunt? It caused quite a kerfuffle at the time. To refresh your memory it was back in the days of Sel Bennet, one in a long line of crooked NZRL chairmen. He was due to announce the team live on sky sport. However, as a result of the usual kiwi paranoia, it was feared Broncos coach Wayne Bennet might exert some undue influence over Karmichael. Hence tricky Sel hatched a plan to wait until 2 hours before the announcement of the team to inform Karmichael of his selection, in the hope of rushing him into accepting his spot on the team. Alas for poor Sel, the plan did not work out as hoped, and he was forced to pencil out Karmichael's name from the official team sheet live on tv.

What does that have to do with my post? My post was about Sam Kasiano

What does that have to do with my post? My post was about Sam Kasiano

my mistake, it was another poster who mentioned ambush selection. Although you are also mistaken in saying NZ had nothing to do with the Kasiano selection drama. From what I've seen in the media most of the talking on this has been done by kemp, including the silly claim that he expected kasiano to be named in the Oz side.

ozbash

Referee
Triple M are reporting that an approach was made by QLD/Australia to Kasiano, but he rejected it.

The whole thing has been media driven, nothing at all from Kasiano until yesterday.

Dunno where Kempy got his info from a month ago when he went ballistic over it.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'm gonna have a stab in the dark and say some NZRL official cut Ernests lunch at some stage. I think every single post he has made on this forum is him bagging the Kiwis or the NZRL. Very entertaining stuff.

Meth

Staff member
my mistake, it was another poster who mentioned ambush selection. Although you are also mistaken in saying NZ had nothing to do with the Kasiano selection drama. From what I've seen in the media most of the talking on this has been done by kemp, including the silly claim that he expected kasiano to be named in the Oz side.

Yeah, you're right. NZ should be held accountable for saying they will select, and then selecting, a bloke who is undeniably, and only, a Kiwi. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I'm gonna have a stab in the dark and say some NZRL official cut Ernests lunch at some stage. I think every single post he has made on this forum is him bagging the Kiwis or the NZRL. Very entertaining stuff.

LOL, as if you're not his exact opposite counterpart.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yeah I would be if my sole purpose for visiting this forum was to bag our australia. My sole purpose was/is to bag out Brian McClennan.

PS origin is shit

Anyway why was't papalii named in the junior kangaroos team so he could join their brotherhood? Weird. Maybe he didn't want to play against his country which is understandable.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10838856

"If you don't want to represent New Zealand, well we don't want you. As good as players are, if there's any doubt or uncertainty in their mind about whether they want to represent their country or not, then don't do it."

"If you have to decide between making more money or representing your country - to be honest it's just bullshit. Go and play for New South Wales or Queensland, we don't want ya."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10838856

"If you don't want to represent New Zealand, well we don't want you. As good as players are, if there's any doubt or uncertainty in their mind about whether they want to represent their country or not, then don't do it."

"If you have to decide between making more money or representing your country - to be honest it's just bullshit. Go and play for New South Wales or Queensland, we don't want ya."

a good attitude to have, just don't go and undermine it by whining whenever a player does choose origin over the kiwis.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah I would be if my sole purpose for visiting this forum was to bag our australia. My sole purpose was/is to bag out Brian McClennan.

PS origin is shit

Anyway why was't papalii named in the junior kangaroos team so he could join their brotherhood? Weird. Maybe he didn't want to play against his country which is understandable.

Touche sir.