What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paramount Jets!

2 True Blues

Coach
The piss must be cheap there....LOL.....Just saw your location. Appears that I put them away while you keep them at Bay......Perhaps ???

Henson

Juniors
ha!no way too nice to be a crim kicker!just live near em,can hear the screams at nite,ouch

i pour piss!!and listen to peoples woes

2 True Blues

Coach
You must be a good listener then mate, cause there sure is a lot of woes out there !!!

Anyway. All the best mate and make mine a double Jimmy and coke in a middy thanks...LOL.......

Henson

Juniors
cheers true blue doubles all round,yeah this city is madhouse at times,as you in your profession r aware,nevertheless i love it,the best city in the world...

greg

Juniors
2 True Blues said:
The piss must be cheap there....LOL.....Just saw your location. Appears that I put them away while you keep them at Bay......Perhaps ???

Looks like you and myself work in the same field 2TB.

2 True Blues

Coach
Is that right Greg. Thought you seemed like a top bloke......LOL........

I have some mates up there also in the job. Been in the job myself since 1989. 17 years too long actually brother, though I am going to win Lotto NEXT weekend...LOL......Send me a private message mate and we'll chat. Most of the guys on here already know what I do otherwise I would not have typed it at all. You should know what I mean..........

hrundi99

First Grade
One mistake I noticed with the retro jerseys is that they have "Paramount" on the back, and having recently watched the 81 GF again, their jerseys didn't have that.

Jeffles

Bench
The retro jerseys used to have tags accompanying them that highlighted the season the jersey came from. Newtown's said 1981 although on closer inspection it has 1982 features.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
The colour, like todays versions, is wrong along with the fact that they ommited the 'Classic" football shaped logo on the right breast. An original sporting this logo recently sold for over $330...
Whilst on the subject of jerseys etc one of the old Jets jerseys from the late 70s that I have has a magnificent
"JETS" logo patch on the chest which is larger than those worn today. The only patch that comes close to it, although not in size, is that used on the current club jerseys made by "Classic". The quality of the patch is spot on as per the old originals, on the other hand it must be said (from my point of view) that the quality of the Goodfellows patches are akin to a mad womans breakfast! very shoddy! letters are often oddsizes and the whole patch is also often lopsided! and its smaller again ,they look crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If only a supply of the classic patches could be obtained! All of this I must add is from a keen eyed collectors (Jets fanatic) point of view only ;-)

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
The earlier jerseys were lighter in colour per Royal blue. The modern and repros are darker and require the summer sun to start them getting anywhere near that lighter colour. But so much time has passed I doubt it matters? but side by side it becomes very apparent :)

greg

Juniors
2 True Blues said:
Is that right Greg. Thought you seemed like a top bloke......LOL........

I have some mates up there also in the job. Been in the job myself since 1989. 17 years too long actually brother, though I am going to win Lotto NEXT weekend...LOL......Send me a private message mate and we'll chat. Most of the guys on here already know what I do otherwise I would not have typed it at all. You should know what I mean..........

Joined in 1990, 15 years too long for me! Our station does a lotto systems entry each week. Perhaps when we win the big one I can talk the station into a healthy donation for a certain Rugby League club I know.....

Henson

Juniors
newtownbluebags said:
Found this article about retro jerseys http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/2005/09/27/1127804477621.html?oneclick=true its the last few lines that make the best reading! does the club receive any royalties on these classic brand retro jerseys?

hey nbb,driving up king street the other day,theres a little clothes alt shop just up from the botany view hotel,well in the window is old jets jerseys etc,but what caught my eye was a shirt with steve bowden givin to mark broadhurst,looked great,i'll have to stick my head in there next time i'm having a beer at the Carlisle Castle!!
icon14.gif

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Hi Henson,
Yeah thats old millie's shop,,a mens tailor etc,,been there since moses played for the Jets!!!!!!,,,they have a lot of the retro G/Fellows Jerseys in there and caps etc. The T-Shirt you mention is a limited run I believe by the Love Police...They had it at Henson on reunion day as well I think,,,looks great,a nice momento of big steve at his fighting best!!!!!! The shop in question is a hop, skip and tumble up King street from St Peters station for those who may not know it!, P.S.prepare to be deafened by the buzzer on the door ;-)