What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra A grade teams?

Batesy87

Juniors
G'day people,

I'm hoping somebody on here will be able to help meout with a question I have about the Parramatta A grade comp. A mate and I wanna play this year but we can't find any info on the clubs competing, little own rego or training start. For all we know they've already started and we're too late.

I read in a previous post there are only 4 teams in the comp. Is this right? How does the comp work with only 4 teams??? Neither of us have played for about 5 years so we were also wondering what the skill level's like these days.

Thanks guys, look forward to many posts in the future.

the beavers

Juniors
mate come and play in the tertiary league
we are based i the middle of parramatta at ollie webb
dont have to be a student to play
we dont pay like some a grade clubs but its a good comp against clubs around sydney and the state like newcastle and bathurst (read great road trips)
always welcome

mono_mal

Juniors
Not too sure about this years structure though the Parramatta A-Grade has previously operated on a tiered structure with A1 consisting of the stronger or leagues club backed teams in Cabra, Mounties, Wenty and Hills.
A2 is largely a reserve grade comp for the A1 though sometimes has other stronger clubs who may also field reserves teams in A3.
A3 is more of a park football standard and conists of a wide variety of clubs. Merrylands, Canley Vale, Canley Heights, Parra Junior Eels, All Saints Toongabbie and Kellyville are some teams that come to mind and are likely to field teams this season.

The Major

Bench
From what I have been told, for division 1 and 2, there'll be a total of 6 clubs, all with an A and B side. Each team will play each other once I think. The top 6 sides after that round/s will become division 1 and play another round amongst themselves, as would the lower 6 sides. This structure is 100 percent the go I was told at training when I went to training for one of these sides last week. However, I'm not sure what would happen say, if one clubs A and B side were in the same tier. Is it possible they could play each other in a grand final for example?? I'll let you know once I get more info.

Not too sure about this years structure though the Parramatta A-Grade has previously operated on a tiered structure with A1 consisting of the stronger or leagues club backed teams in Cabra, Mounties, Wenty and Hills.
A2 is largely a reserve grade comp for the A1 though sometimes has other stronger clubs who may also field reserves teams in A3.
A3 is more of a park football standard and conists of a wide variety of clubs. Merrylands, Canley Vale, Canley Heights, Parra Junior Eels, All Saints Toongabbie and Kellyville are some teams that come to mind and are likely to field teams this season.

Might need to revise that, I have been told that Mounties will not be feilding a team this year.

The Major

Bench
You sure? Apparently a few guys have left wenty and headed to Mounties after being not too happy with coach Dave Nugent being reappointed.

The Major

Bench
I have heard talks from within the administration of one of the clubs that there are discussions of merging the parra and group 6 comps. Anyone else heard any of this or care to shed some light?

jms16

Juniors
I'm not to sure about that merger as group 6 and the wests comp only merged in a combined comp last year

Highlander

Juniors
There is no way group 6 could merge with Parra Its to far away. Maybe if Parra had gotten in with Wests before group 6 was forced to merge with them you could of had a Wests Parra Bulldogs and saints districts merging for a super wests/south wests comp.

There is no way group 6 could merge with Parra Its to far away. Maybe if Parra had gotten in with Wests before group 6 was forced to merge with them you could of had a Wests Parra Bulldogs and saints districts merging for a super wests/south wests comp.

All good ideas lads and would make for good footy but I cant see it happening as the admnistrators of the comps are too egotistical and refuse give up their little slice of power.
If the A Grade challenge pre season comp is a success we all should lobby for this to become a permanant mainstay competition.

Scarves

Juniors
I've bee told on very good authority that there are meetings taking place relating to the Parramatta District A grade competition. The meetings revolve around Parramatta making up a rule that A grade players no longer receive payment to play. That it becomes completely amatuer (as opposed to the minor part time payments the players currently receive), and the controlling body believes this will make the competition stronger with more teams being able to play.

Personally I have knowledge that some clubs will not wear this (I won't say which clubs) and these clubs are considering their options if this ruling becomes part of the competition constitution. The meetings are being hurried as time is drawing nearer to the comp start date.

The Major

Bench
And if that were to happen, you'll see a mass exodus of players from the parra comp to others that will pay. Mostly the quality A grade players I'd say. Then you'd be left with complete wood ducks of 3rd division skills filing into division 1 to fill the holes. The quantity of the comp may increase, but the quality will turn to custard.

And if that were to happen, you'll see a mass exodus of players from the parra comp to others that will pay. Mostly the quality A grade players I'd say. Then you'd be left with complete wood ducks of 3rd division skills filing into division 1 to fill the holes. The quantity of the comp may increase, but the quality will turn to custard.

Right on the money Major.
I have been told last night that Hills district A Grade has folded, Wenty are going to the Penrith comp and Mounties are going to group 6 which will leave Cabra the only 1st division club left.

Sad, very sad.

Highlander

Juniors
you would not expect Mounties or any other parra club would go to group 6 considering the amount of travel (moss vale robertson?)but the CRL went and sold out group 6 by forcing them to merge with Wests jnrs so i wouldnt be surprised if this happerned aswell.

Latest posts