What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Eels-Wests Tigers live updates *spoilers*

Balmain_Boy

Agreed Ted. We were beaten fair and square. Pretty disappointing to lose after taking an hour to claw back the lead we gave up. Gotta say, i'm not liking losing to Parra 3 fking times running. Oh well.

Just how good is Robbie Farah going to be? This bloke is a freakish talent. IMO Buderus will have to make way for Farah next year whether he wants to retire from rep footy or not!

Moffo

Referee
Tigers were the better team IMO. Parra stink and won't go anywhere near the premiership this year.

Any team with people such as Matt Petersen in them are going nowhere fast

Y2Eel

First Grade
Moffo said:
Tigers were the better team IMO. Parra stink and won't go anywhere near the premiership this year.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

if you asked me last week should he be in first grade i'd tell you hell no but tonight geez he played well...

by the way the better team but still lost :p

The Colonel

Immortal
Balmain_Boy said:
Just how good is Robbie Farah going to be? This bloke is a freakish talent. IMO Buderus will have to make way for Farah next year whether he wants to retire from rep footy or not!

Played extremely well and was almost the difference in the end. Only so much he could have done and Hodgson or Marshall on the field it could have been very different. In the end a solid win by the Eels.

Moffo said:

I'd give up punting if I was you Moffo..... :lol:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Agreed Ted. We were beaten fair and square. Pretty disappointing to lose after taking an hour to claw back the lead we gave up. Gotta say, i'm not liking losing to Parra 3 fking times running. Oh well.

farah may be a great (was the best on field for the tigers)player but buderus wont make way for him next year.. in a few maybe but he isnt as good as buderus today..

colonel_123

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:

Going to be? He's pretty damn good now.

Wests had plenty of chances to win it, just couldn't get over in the end. A pretty tough match I thought.

Moffo

Referee
The Colonel said:
Played extremely well and was almost the difference in the end. Only so much he could have done and Hodgson or Marshall on the field it could have been very different. In the end a solid win by the Eels.

I'd give up punting if I was you Moffo..... :lol:

Parra are a rabble. If the tiges had hodgson and/or benji in that team they would've spanked the eels. they are flimsy, unconvincing and not well coached. you might think im a clown tonight for saying that but come back to me in September. They will be nowhere near the title

Balmain_Boy

He may not be good as Buderus yet, but this is only his 2nd season in first grade. If he improves as much as last year, he'll be at Buderus' level by origin time next year. Buderus is more consistently and at this stage does the little things better, but imo, of the starting hookers Farah has by far the best attack.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Moffo said:
Parra are a rabble. If the tiges had hodgson and/or benji in that team they would've spanked the eels. they are flimsy, unconvincing and not well coached. you might think im a clown tonight for saying that but come back to me in September. They will be nowhere near the title

a rabble but not as bas a rabble as the tigers muffo both teams have room for improvement...

if jesus ran on the field for us we would have smacked any team but guess what......

Y2Eel

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
He may not be good as Buderus yet, but this is only his 2nd season in first grade. If he improves as much as last year, he'll be at Buderus' level by origin time next year. Buderus is more consistently and at this stage does the little things better, but imo, of the starting hookers Farah has by far the best attack.

he has good hands on him but buderus has a good attacking and defencive game the best of the hookers..
it'll be good though to see him playing for the blues in a season or two though...

The Colonel

Immortal
Moffo said:

Be just what you quoted - had Marshal or Hodgson played it probably could have been - in the end they didn't play and the two points are on the board. Rabble or not they can't take em away. They weren't great tonite but they came back well after a few bad weeks. The next few weeks will have to back up what they did tonite.

Herman

Juniors
That was the best game of rugby league ive seen in years. More twists than a Dreamworld rollercoaster. How good is Tahu.

the_eel

Juniors
Great effort by Parra under a fair bit of pressure from the media and very good effort from the tiges with some players missing. Tahu and Farah were both exceptional tonight!!

innsaneink

Referee
The Colonel said:
Robbie Farah will get a NSW jersey too if Buderus is injured at all during the season too. Huge game - the full eighty and kept De Gois on the bench throughout. Magic stuff

Degois got on for the last 10 minutes......pretty poor interchange work by Sheens.

O'Hara, who was one of our best last week got bugger all time too....but in Sheens defence there payten was killing it.

We played with 16 players for 70 minutes, Sheens stuffed up tonite as much as Fitzhenry & Elford imo.

Congrats to Parra, a good game though disappointing one to lose, it was there for the taking, we didnt want it.

Ant

Juniors
I think a rabble is very harsh, I actually thought for most part it was a very good game.

As for rabble, lets not forget the eels team were missing 3 regulars in Riddell, Marsh and Smith.

They had a new hooker Morris hasn't played there for a year or so,

The 5/8th was making his debut.

So thats 2 guys who have their hands on the ball a lot.

One centre has played 4 first grade games prior to this.

Two backrowers who were having their first game in 2 and 3 weeks respectively.

Reserve prop having his first game of the year. Reserve 2ndrower having his 2nd game in top grade.

PLus we lost a starting prop midway through the game.

Only 5 eels players have played every game this season. To be playing good football you need the majority of your side on the field week in week out.

For mine all that means is the eels really should improve. By the way I am not discounting the tigers they obviosuly weren't at their peak either.

The Colonel

Immortal
innsaneink said:
Degois got on for the last 10 minutes......pretty poor interchange work by Sheens.

O'Hara, who was one of our best last week got bugger all time too....but in Sheens defence there payten was killing it.

We played with 16 players for 70 minutes, Sheens stuffed up tonite as much as Fitzhenry & Elford imo.

Congrats to Parra, a good game though disappointing one to lose, it was there for the taking, we didnt want it.

He did get on? Missed that then. Poor bugger looked a sorry sight sitting and waiting.

Moffo said:

Moffo

Your team struggled against Souths last week........rabble:lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Just on Robbie Farah. I believe he is close to, if not the best hooker in the game at the moment.

I know Buderus is good, but geez, he doesn't have the bag of tricks Farah has in attack.

Latest posts