What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Fans and the QLD Flood Crisis

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
League Unlimited Shows Support for the Victims of the Queensland Floods

League Unlimited would like to extend to condolences and best wishes to those who have been affected by the floods in Queensland and Northern NSW.

We hope that all our members, readers and friends who are affected by this disaster can stay safe in these anxious times.

League Unlimited has made a cash donation of $500 to the relief fund and we challenge our affiliates, sponsors and members where possible to do the same in support of the victims of this awful disaster.

We would also like to encourage our readers and others to pledge their support at the official site here

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20281

Stagger eel

Staff member
fantastic and well done to the kind folk at LU..

to willow, Coby, Twizzle and the rest of the team I dip my hat of to you all...

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Great work guys :clap:, some very close friends of mine could do with that money. I'm very very lucky where i am just some minor flooding. About to head off and help some mates who could do with a hand.

Hellsy

Immortal
Shop @ Goodna:
Crazy-Clarks1---Goodna---Photo-Tia-Suttie.jpg

dazeely

First Grade
A good friend of mine 'parralight' whom occasionally posts on this site has lost everything. His house has gone. He got out with only the clothes on his back. He is trying to be up beat by saying at least he has his family but he has hit rock bottom.

Thinking of you brother.

Last edited:

Nikki

Coach
Oh thats just devestating. Its brought a tear to my eyes. I just dont know what to say :(

dazeely

First Grade
Parralight is crammed in with neighbors with no power or toilet. To make things worse I can't reach him via phone anymore. Entire small country like communities have been wiped out. The Brisbane river is so aggressive and running like rapids. This is truly f**ked.

I'm dreading going to work over the next few days. Have a feeling they will be long long days.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Parralight is crammed in with neighbors with no power or toilet. To make things worse I can't reach him via phone anymore. Entire small country like communities have been wiped out. The Brisbane river is so aggressive and running like rapids. This is truly f**ked.

I'm dreading going to work over the next few days. Have a feeling they will be long long days.

Do you know what area he is in Dazeely ? I am going out to help a fellow Eels fan clean up,when the water subsides, who has lost everything in Goodna. She moved into her first home just 3 months ago and now has 2 photos of her son when he was little as her only possessions. If he lives out that way I would like to offer to help Parralight as well. I have a ute and trailer etc so it might come in handy.

Parra Guru

Coach
That sux Daz!! Keeping you all in my thoughts...

And to cheer you all up I decided to donate $10 for each Maroons Series win since 2006 to flood relief.... ya buggers!

http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html

Dig deep and donate guys.... They've raised 35 mil so far with another daily update due in 30 mins. The estimated repair bill is currently at $5 billion

cleary89

Coach
One of the guys on our forum "murphyscreek" is obviously from there. No word about him since the floods (but even if he was ok, obviously LU is not a priority). Nonetheless, apparently the town only has 450 people, with 40 missing. And its not a search and rescue any more, just a body recovery. I'm the least religious person you will ever meet, but praying that all people affected are safe.

Like some others mentioned, its pretty sh*t how the funds go to people who aren't insured, while people who did pay get nothing. They run the risk, lost, and still get the same as people who have been paying year after year.

PJ Marshal

Coach
its not pretty out there at the moment , fair few people i know have lost their homes entirely or the galf their places flooded out ... pretty full on all round

the amazing thing is everyones trying to remain pretty upbeat i havnt heard a great deal of negativity through all this.

Glenn

First Grade
Hope all our QLD members are safe, most important thing is your own safety the rest can be replaced in time.

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
Just want to say thanks everyone for your thoughts and wishes, during our time of need. While my family and I were ok, I have a lot of friends and family who were not so lucky. Some have lost their homes and sadly another is waiting on news of the Uncle who has gone missing from the Lockyer Valley area...we are bracing for bad news on him, but then again hoping he is just unable to make contact due to the phones being down in the area. Again thanks guys,

Parra Guru

Coach
Sorry to hear that PR4M. Just hoping in that area they find more survivors and it's just, as you say, because of lack of communication. It seems like the Lockyer Valley took a fair hiding.

Does anyone know how much has been raised so far?

Also, any sydney-Siders around on the 29th... head out to Homebush where Cricket NSW are raising funds against the Bulls in the Big Bash.

Cricket NSW to donate to Queensland Flood Relief

Cricket NSW will donate all gate receipts from its KFC T20 Big Bash match against Queensland at ANZ Stadium on Saturday 29 January to the Queensland Flood Relief Appeal.
Cricket NSW Chief Executive David Gilbert urged fans to turn out in force for the match to support the appeal: “The match against Queensland on Saturday 29 January provides a wonderful opportunity for cricket fans to show their support for those affected by the devastating floods. All gate receipts from this match will be donated to the flood relief appeal. The greater the attendance, the more money that will be raised.”
ANZ Stadium has shown immediate support by agreeing to waive all event costs for the match. Stadium Managing Director Daryl Kerry said: "The news and footage we're seeing from South East Queensland is heartbreaking and we applaud Cricket NSW on this initiative. Waiving event costs means every single dollar raised through ticket sales will be donated to those who need it most. For a great night out and a fantastic cause, let's band together in a huge show of support."

http://www.cricketnsw.com/news-display/Cricket-NSW-to-donate-to-Queensland-Flood-Relief/23623

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
good to hear you're OK Parra R 4 Me and I really hope your uncle is safe and well

Just heard on Sky news that all the cars that were stuck under the bridge in the Lockyer valley have been cleared and none contained any bodies,

it was feared that some of the missing people were there

boxhead

First Grade
Wishing everyone in Queensland all the best through this tough time, my heart goes out to all of you.

Hellsy

Immortal
This is truly f**ked...
Grafton and surrounds are screwed now, as well as we heard today that our guys in Corio (near Geelong in Vic) and St Helens (on the very east side of Tas) were told to evacuate.

Mother Nature is truly pissed at the world.