What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Future / 3P - Move on

Parra Future

Juniors
Guys / Girls,

I hope this comes out the right way and people don't read into things too much here. I just wanted to say that it has been fantastic on here over the last several months writing with you all. I have a big favour to ask however. Effective today, I made a decision to move on from the 3P group. You will also see my name on the ballot sheet at the votes and more than likely in the annual report. I will be in touch with the Leagues Club tomorrow to request them to pull my nomination. So whatever you do, please don't waste a vote on me if you do go down to vote. Thats where the favour comes in I am asking from you all.

1) Please don't think there is some sort of conspiracy here. All good things come to an end at some point in time. I honestly have no gripes with Terry Leabeater or the other members that will be running on the ticket and I intend to vote for them myself. The separation between 3P and myself is a decision I made myself and spoke about with Terry before informing the rest of the team and he understood the reasoning. I have nothing but praise for a lot of them and especially Terry and Guru. Terry is a gem of a bloke who will get the job done. Hopefully after the election, if 3P get up, he will stay on and again hopefully consider a position within the club if one were available. Guru is brilliant. If you ever see him at a function or something and you get to spend 5 minutes with him, do it. A brilliant brilliant down to earth gentleman.

2) The hardest thing while being with 3P and writing things for them on their behalf online or talking to others offline about them was the fact whatever I said could be seen to be a 3P view. Due to the fact that I am letting you all know that I have now severed ties but wish the boys and Lyn all the best, when online in future, please understand I am only putting down a view on behalf of myself and not due to a political campaign. It has been great on here, and I hope you are all sweet with point 2 basically being, I'm just Col Green now and nothing that I say will be on behalf of 3P.

Finally, again I wish 3P all the best for the upcoming election, and if you have any questions in regards to their upcoming movements or questions of what they intend to do when potentially voted in, please refer them all to Terry Leabeater (Sangreal 86). I'm probably going to ease up on the amount of time I spend on here too, and start re-aquainting myself with the missus. Then I look forward to writing things back and forth again purely as an Eels supporter like everyone else.

Thanks in advance all.

Regards,

Col.

Stagger eel

Staff member
all the best Col..they may have lost a good man but we've made a great mate in you, I'll call you next week and we'll tee up for a drink either at the footy or later on after we do a job on Canberra.

Thanks for all the input you have put in here on the forums regarding the football club elections and leagues club elections.
Go the Mighty Eels.!!!

butch82

Juniors
all the best col.
hopefully everything turns out for the best for the eels..
cheers mate

bartman

Immortal
Nicely put Col.

I for one know you've been in lots of parts of the site, and posting about more than 3P and the election business.

Will be good to have you back on the forums as a Parra fan once you've caught up on some family time. :thumn:

Suitman

Post Whore
all the best Col..they may have lost a good man but we've made a great mate in you, I'll call you next week and we'll tee up for a drink either at the footy or later on after we do a job on Canberra.

I second that.
I appreciate all the hours you have put on here Col.
Thanks for all the info that was forthcoming.

Suity

Eels Dude

Coach
All the best. I've not been following the 3P movement that closely lately but I like their initial ideas. I'm sure you've your own personal reasons for moving on and they deserve to be respected.

yy_cheng

Coach
COl,

all the best.

Family & Friends is one of the most important things in life. I recall you work long hours on your business and then night times with 3P.

We salute you on helping 3P get so far.

fish eel

Immortal
I hope all is well.

Strikes me as odd though, given nominations only closed on Friday?

Still, you had a longer career than Mal Meninga!!!

TheParraboy

Staff member
I'm probably going to ease up on the amount of time I spend on here too, and start re-aquainting myself with the missus.

Regards,

Col.

fair call mate, as they say, "happy wife happy life"

all the best, take care

go the mighty eels :cool:

Gronk

Staff member
Ain't that the truth!!! :lol:

Suity

Never a truer word said. :crazy:

We can only speculate why one of the driving forces behind 3P has donned the parachute and jumped at this late stage. Very odd frankly. I can only assume that there has been a rift in the ranks....

Suitman

Post Whore
Never a truer word said. :crazy:

We can only speculate why one of the driving forces behind 3P has donned the parachute and jumped at this late stage. Very odd frankly. I can only assume that there has been a rift in the ranks....

My thoughts as well, unfortunately, as I believe Col had/has a lot to offer.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
Considering the nominations only closed on Friday, to have a nominated candidate pull the pin like this so soon after the close, a rift is the obvious conclusion to draw - I guess though we have to take Col's words at face value that there was no rift in the absence of other evidence.