What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Future / 3P - Move on

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Never a truer word said. :crazy:

We can only speculate why one of the driving forces behind 3P has donned the parachute and jumped at this late stage. Very odd frankly. I can only assume that there has been a rift in the ranks....

now now Gronk and everyone. Don't hurt yourself jumping to conclusions ;-)

I choose to take what Colin says as gospel until i have reason to believe otherwise. I can only imagine the toll this campaign would have taken on his home and work life!

Best wishes Col - catch up soon!

fish eel

Immortal

I choose to take what Colin says as gospel until i have reason to believe otherwise. I can only imagine the toll this campaign would have taken on his home and work life!

If this campaign has battered him down could tell him some war stories from real election campaigns

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Maybe Col would have stayed on and been part of the ticket if he was higher up the ballot?

I doubt whether that had anything to do with it.
You know the amount of work that Col has put in. I hardly think he's going to spit the dummy over that.
I'm more with Jess tbh.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
If this campaign has battered him down could tell him some war stories frolm real election campaigns

Don't forget Fishy, this was for love. It's not his job.
Obviously a comment from someone who doesn't have to juggle a wife and kid, as well as a high pressure day job, as well as a very public Leagues club election.

Suity

I doubt whether that had anything to do with it.
You know the amount of work that Col has put in. I hardly think he's going to spit the dummy over that.
I'm more with Jess tbh.

Suity

I don't think it is a dummy spit. I think it is a planned political move. Have between 9 and 11 candidates ready to go, get the ballot drawn and go with your first 7. Don't let any of the other candidates have much of a say or indeed get them to withdraw to take so as they do not distract from the main 7 candidates on the ticket.

bartman

Immortal
If I've come to know Colin through his postings here at all, I expect he will maintain a dignified silence on the issue/reasons throughout the five weeks until the election, and simply let his first post speak for itself.

Seeing as nominations closed and the ballot order was decided/confirmed on Friday night, I'm surprised that the list of candidates isn't officially available (online, LC site) or reported in newspapers yet?

How about when that official news come through, we start up a new thread and we all attempt to capture ALL the campaigning and elections comments and newspaper items in that one thread... so people can find it easily, and so that the footy topics don't get clogged up?

Gronk

Staff member

Hold on am I missing something here ? He didn't actually say why he pulled the pin. He only said in passing that he wouldn't be on line much (because he's under the thumb).

Suitman

Post Whore
Hold on am I missing something here ? He didn't actually say why he pulled the pin. He only said in passing that he wouldn't be on line much (because he's under the thumb).

Don't know whether you are joking or not, but that is typical of the smart-arsed lack of respect comments I was referring to last week.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal

Sure, and I'm not bagging the guy - just making an observation. ;-)

Oh....and it's not my job either anymore. Just a love that I juggle with my day job when the times come around. ;-)

Obviously a comment from someone who doesn't have to juggle a wife and kid, as well as a high pressure day job, as well as a very public Leagues club election.
Suity

Everyone makes choices. Col made a choice to get involved with 3P. This might sound a bit harsh, but cant stand the heat dont get in the kitchen.

Having said that, I really do hope all is well for him, am just a bit puzzled that he leaves it until after the nominations close to pull the pin.

sportive cupid

Referee

Suity
Oh come on Suity,women do heaps more than that everyday

bartman

Immortal
He didn't actually say why he pulled the pin. .
I think that was Jess's point, in response to your assumption? Colin's said his piece, I don't think he'll go any further into it on here to be honest...

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases

yea i realise that - but im also not going to make outlandish comments about why he decided to step aside until i hear it from him.

My assumption and well wishes are based on
Please don't think there is some sort of conspiracy here. All good things come to an end at some point in time.
and
I'm probably going to ease up on the amount of time I spend on here too, and start re-aquainting myself with the missus.

(i choose to ignore the 'under the thumb' comment - nice one Gronk)

Gronk

Staff member
Don't know whether you are joking or not, but that is typical of the smart-arsed lack of respect comments I was referring to last week.

Suity

Ok, what did I say that was smart arsed Suit ? How did I not show respect ? :?

Gronk

Staff member
yea i realise that - but im also not going to make outlandish comments about why he decided to step aside until i hear it from him.

My assumption and well wishes are based on
and

(i choose to ignore the 'under the thumb' comment - nice one Gronk)

That was tongue in cheek. It stems from the Happy wife, happy life comment earlier on Jess.