Parra Officially Out of Semi Finals

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by mickeylane, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Bench

Parra are gone for this year!

ouryears likes this.
  2. giboz71

giboz71 Bench

I’m with you Mickey.

I’m calling Parra won’t make the semis!

3. Bests Golden Boots

Bests Golden Boots Bench

Brad Authur will be lucky to make it to next week

4. giboz71

giboz71 Bench

Thing is Arthur is a good coach. Too many head cases in his squad though.

Norman, Moses and Hayne are their star players and none have a team first mentality.

It’s showing in their footy. 46 points in their first 6 games while we’ve scored 194 (Widdop has 78 on his own) .

Seriously?

getsmarty, Frank Facer and Gareth67 like this.
  5. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Would you stop making threads every time you have a brain fart?

6. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 Bench

This thread should have been posted on the ‘Seinfeld -Thread About Nothing’ thread.

There’s nothing to it!
    Nothing!

7. Bests Golden Boots

Bests Golden Boots Bench

Yeah but the coach pays the price in the end.
    Their forwards have been poor, I've been really disappointed in Kane Evans, I thought he was a really good signing, when he burst onto the scene with the Roosters I thought he will be a superstar some day, he's gone backwards.

8. ouryears

ouryears Bench

Gareth, Who has found some form?

Cowboys crap
    Roosters crap
    Broncos still crap, lose one win one cycle.
    Parra crap

Melbourne possibly yes but they only beat Newcastle.

Whoever makes the top 4 will be tough even if that is Panthers, Warriors, Souths and us.... or any other makeup. But it doesn't have to be the Storm, Broncos and Cowboys does it?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  9. mickeylane

mickeylane Bench

blacksafake, ALSGI and ouryears like this.
  10. Objective View

Objective View Juniors

And here I thought they were stripped of points or something.

Straight Shooter

11. ouryears

ouryears Bench

But it gives us something to read and do.....besides being a slave for our wife

Old Kogarah Boy 1 likes this.
  12. giboz71

giboz71 Bench

Yep I’m still waiting for another gun team to emerge. The usual suspects like Storm, Roosters and Cows are playing ordinarily.

If anything the Warriors, Panthers and Tigers have been the form teams along with us bit none have been as impressive.

We’ll see the contenders in the coming weeks, will be interesting to see who they will be.

ouryears likes this.
  13. Gareth67

Gareth67 Bench

ouryears as you mentioned both Melbourne and Bribane , next week will be the same for the Storm - another win and I also believe that the Broncos also .
    As for Parramatta I go along with what gizmo 71 said - there are too many head cases in the team , or perhaps big head may better describe them . But they were in similar circumstances in 2009 , I am not suggesting that there will make the semis .

Cowboys I must say are indeed the biggest surprise as they just cannot click into gear , but i still believe that the Storm , Broncos and even the Rorters will begin to turn their seasons around . As far as the present top 8 , yes I also want those teams playing in the big matches comes late September and early October . However all I am suggesting is not to read too much into the form at this stage of the season .

Life's Good and ouryears like this.
  14. The calm one

The calm one Juniors

Last night I was baby sitting my niece. I watched the Parra, Canberra game and I put on Pepper Pig for her. She won, she got the better deal. How boaring was that

Gareth67 likes this.
  15. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Juniors

Who cares & I don't give a stuff about the bloody Eels & 14 other clubs!
    RedV is all for me :v:

FlameThrower likes this.
  16. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer Bench

So after a little frivolous predicting (shame the NRL website dispensed with ladder predictor or i just cant find it) its intetesting IF, IF, IF the EELS were to win thete next 3 games it would (miracles do happen) it would put them 1 game out of the 8.....go figure!
    There are a lot of games where the current bottom half of the table play each other or play a current top 4 team.
    So mathematically it is still possible and given the make up of the comp and current form.
    Unlikely, yes they just dont have the soul in their players or the go forward to challenge but to say "officially" is a little premature.
    On current form it looks like the Eels and Cows will be fighting out for that coverted spoon.

17. giboz71

giboz71 Bench

Yep absolutely. As did Hasler and Maguire. They suddenly didn’t forget how to coach, the players just didn’t do their jobs or the make up of the team was completely wrong.

Coaches aren’t miracle workers.

The reason we’re going well isn’t because Mary has magically become a good coach. It’s largely because Millward has finally assembled a squad for him he can work with.

18. Drag Queen

Drag Queen Juniors

The only one that turned up for their game yesterday was Gutherson after coming back from injury. Poor form from the rest of them. You're 100% correct re the head cases BA continually seems to pick but that one's on him.

getsmarty and giboz71 like this.
  19. FlameThrower

FlameThrower Bench

Think about it for one moment ..,
    Hunt was let go from Broncos as they could not see value to match offer even with endless TPA. Vaughn was not wanted at Raiders and they were happy to let him go. Graham was pushed out with no concern about what he brings to the team. Simms let go by Knights as well. MicInnes another one Souths were happy to offload - all smart buys by us and credit to the Club ...finally we are getting results and the addition of these guys to the roster has been massive boost !!!

Blood Shot Eyes, ALSGI, Crush and 5 others like this.
  20. giboz71

giboz71 Bench

Nailed it.

Recruitment and retention is half the battle and the better coaches have an advantage as usually good players want to play for them.

So guys like Hasler, Bennett, Bellamy etc really have no excuse to get their roster so wrong.

Crush likes this.