What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra R 26 Now or Never.

getsmarty

Immortal
What absolutely angers me about the players and their mistakes - always at a critical moment in the game - is that they have been playing the game for years yet , they behave like a bunch of amateurs .

Yet here they are , many on damn good money and so called professional rugby league players making the same pathetic mistakes that you would see in a school boy match .

There is simply no excuse for them and if I was Flanagan I would had bloody well horse-whipped the lot of them !

End of rant ! 😡

Oh and one final point - puss Hunt off , he is not deserving to wear the St.George Illawarra jersey let alone be the club captain .

Absolute end of rant ! 😡 😡 😡

We are paying the Price ( no pun intended ) for years of mediocrity....

Flanno is the 1st decent coach since Wayne left at the end of 2011....

Gareth67

First Grade
We are paying the Price ( no pun intended ) for years of mediocrity....

Flanno is the 1st decent coach since Wayne left at the end of 2011....
Absolutely agree getsmarty , I have been wondering just where would the Dragons be now if only Flanagan had some quality players in his team .

I am sure that we would be well in the final eight , a premiership winning coach who knows his business . Unfortunately the old saying comes to mind with a our current squad - “ You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear “ . 😳

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
What absolutely angers me about the players and their mistakes - always at a critical moment in the game - is that they have been playing the game for years yet , they behave like a bunch of amateurs .

Yet here they are , many on damn good money and so called professional rugby league players making the same pathetic mistakes that you would see in a school boy match .

There is simply no excuse for them and if I was Flanagan I would had bloody well horse-whipped the lot of them !

End of rant ! 😡

Oh and one final point - puss Hunt off , he is not deserving to wear the St.George Illawarra jersey let alone be the club captain .

Absolute end of rant ! 😡 😡 😡
You know it's bad when Gareths angry

Dragons4me

Juniors
Parra the team coming 2nd last scored 9 tries to the Dragons 7 (5 in the last 10 mins). Parra also missed 5 conversions so the score with a decent kicker should have hit 50. Some of the kicks missed were not difficult kicks. Lomax booting all his conversions helped the scoreline. The score flattered the Dragons which is scary. There is no defending this weak performance, the team is not a finals team and showed us all why they are on -120 at this stage of the season and in the 8 was an anomaly. No team should make the 8 with a differential of -124. I think since the end of round 2 Saints have been negative. That first big win against the Titans and then 38-0 thrashing the following round against the Dolphins in Rd 2, was a sign of things to come for 2024.

This game showed that Flanno needs to clean out more players than we think or start throwing in youngsters. The youngsters that won the GF in the Flegg will have a better mentality I feel that the current boys in FG that have won nothing as the Flegg boys handled the pressure. A lot to look forward to in the future for us fans if these youngsters progress. Shane definitely needs a new half and leader. Saints have no hope with Ben in charge. The best No.9 in the comp by a mile (maybe Api can give him a run) playing No.7. I bet if he leaves for another club they will make him play 9.

It sounded good at the start of the season and it still does now and that is if we can finish just outside the 8 rather than bottom 3 then it's a pass mark. Making the 8 was really just a bonus. If Saints beat the Raiders they can finish as high as 9th. If they lose can drop to 12th.

Lets just hope that the boys learn from this and next season show consistency. That win against the full strength Storm showed us that there is something there but Flanno just needs the right cattle.

Great assessment!
Common sense in the post mortem commentary madness (which I contributed to!). There is even a substantial difference in body shape and sizes between the top tier teams and us, and I'm talking about the backs. We certainly have a long way to go!

Gareth67

First Grade
You know it's bad when Gareths angry
Yes angry buddy , but like every other Dragon supporter utterly disgusted and totally disappointed at their meek surrender .

The Eels were always going to be a tough proposition , they proved the week before that they were able to score many points before they ran out of gas and that was all they had to do against our mob the big game occasion was just too much for them .

However enough said about last weeks calamity - I need to get to the TAB to place a long shot bet on our mob just in case the footy Gods are smiling upon our boys , with the Knights and Dolphins having a draw and we beat the Raiders ! 😳

jeffdragon

Bench
Great assessment!
Common sense in the post mortem commentary madness (which I contributed to!). There is even a substantial difference in body shape and sizes between the top tier teams and us, and I'm talking about the backs. We certainly have a long way to go!
We can't rely on bash and barge.
I thought Flano had a plan b but looks as if he doesn't because that's not going to cut it.
Until I see different things will stay the same

In my opinion our forwards are weak
We need at least 3 more.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Yes angry buddy , but like every other Dragon supporter utterly disgusted and totally disappointed at their meek surrender .

The Eels were always going to be a tough proposition , they proved the week before that they were able to score many points before they ran out of gas and that was all they had to do against our mob the big game occasion was just too much for them .

However enough said about last weeks calamity - I need to get to the TAB to place a long shot bet on our mob just in case the footy Gods are smiling upon our boys , with the Knights and Dolphins having a draw and we beat the Raiders ! 😳
I feel ya Gareth mate, and I share the same sentiment. Although I think I get angry over the games veeeerrry often on here with my expletive filled rants it's pretty crap to see supporters like yourself becoming not just disappointed, but disgusted by the result. Please put that bet on Gaz. It's our last hope hahahhaa

Gareth67

First Grade
I feel ya Gareth mate, and I share the same sentiment. Although I think I get angry over the games veeeerrry often on here with my expletive filled rants it's pretty crap to see supporters like yourself becoming not just disappointed, but disgusted by the result. Please put that bet on Gaz. It's our last hope hahahhaa
Will do , if it does by some miracle occur the way that I have suggested then I will shout you to a few beers ! 😇

Latest posts