What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Stadium

PARRACHILEAN

Juniors
Hello All apoligize if im writing in capitals computer system at work requires caps to be on. Just a question i herd some time ago that there were going to build two new stand on either end of the hill. Is that still a go ahead if so when will that be going ahead i think that will look great and it wiould increase attendance from 20,000 to at least 30,000.:D

Maroubra Eel

Coach
PARRACHILEAN said:
Hello All apoligize if im writing in capitals computer system at work requires caps to be on. Just a question i herd some time ago that there were going to build two new stand on either end of the hill. Is that still a go ahead if so when will that be going ahead i think that will look great and it wiould increase attendance from 20,000 to at least 30,000.:D
Do some work bludger!

emjaycee

Coach
PARRACHILEAN said:
Is that still a go ahead if so when will that be going ahead
\

Suitman has started digging the holes for the southern stand already, but he is a bit slow.

Suitman

Post Whore
emjaycee said:
\

Suitman has started digging the holes for the southern stand already, but he is a bit slow.

They are currently full of water.

Anyone got a straw?

Suity

The Stadium Trust has received partial Funding from the State Government for the Southern Stand, They hope to court both the Current Liberal Government and the Federal Labor Party to match the State governments commitment, then the club and other investors will be asked to pitch in to make up the about 24 Million or so that will be needed to finish that stand. Then we will try to do they Northern Stand next (which is currently planed to house a Hall of Fame, and other things, which I can only speculate on like a Larger ticket office, Team Store, and Possibly even club offices)

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm still trying to work out a plan for the club to sell tickets to a stand built at the pools.

Suity

goboggo

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
The Stadium Trust has received partial Funding from the State Government for the Southern Stand, They hope to court both the Current Liberal Government and the Federal Labor Party to match the State governments commitment, then the club and other investors will be asked to pitch in to make up the about 24 Million or so that will be needed to finish that stand. Then we will try to do they Northern Stand next (which is currently planed to house a Hall of Fame, and other things, which I can only speculate on like a Larger ticket office, Team Store, and Possibly even club offices)

Is it true it's going to go up to 30 000 MITS?

Parra stadium would be awesome fully enclosed.

goboggo said:
Is it true it's going to go up to 30 000 MITS?

Parra stadium would be awesome fully enclosed.

Well the Stadium is at 22,000 at the moment, The new Top Deck would add...

2750 Extra Seats,
500 Seat Conferance Venue
Full Gymnasiam Open to the Public.

The Next one (Northen Stand) would be the same, then it is up to moving the Light Towers to put the corner stands together (Maybe having More Squat and Wider Lights right on the Roof), which could take it to about 30,000.

Then I just think we need to put the another deck in behind the Cronin stand, For Food/ Drink and Toilets, and have the Stairs coming out at the top of the Stadium Asiles to stop having people walk in front of others while the game is on. Giving more access space on the Terrace (This also might involve Re-concreating the Stadium Face or Removing the Walkways and adding another tier of seats (Row AA?) Which could add another 250-300 Seats.

Suitman

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:
Well the Stadium is at 22,000 at the moment, The new Top Deck would add...

2750 Extra Seats,
500 Seat Conferance Venue
Full Gymnasiam Open to the Public.

The Next one (Northen Stand) would be the same, then it is up to moving the Light Towers to put the corner stands together (Maybe having More Squat and Wider Lights right on the Roof), which could take it to about 30,000.

Then I just think we need to put the another deck in behind the Cronin stand, For Food/ Drink and Toilets, and have the Stairs coming out at the top of the Stadium Asiles to stop having people walk in front of others while the game is on. Giving more access space on the Terrace (This also might involve Re-concreating the Stadium Face or Removing the Walkways and adding another tier of seats (Row AA?) Which could add another 250-300 Seats.

Brilliant.

I reckon you and I could go to them with a better design then what they will eventually come up with!!

Suity

I can keep going.

Behind the North East Corner of the Stadium, should be a new Ticketek office for Game tickets, (Moving the office from the Behind the Cronin Stadium) Which also has a 2 Terminal Area inside the Front of the "Football Club" Offices and a Team Store. Alleviating the need to have to rely on the one at the "League Club", additional 2 Window Ticket offices could be Placed at the North West and South Western Corner Stands.

What would also be nice is if they can when digging the foundation for that Stand, Keep going down and expand the Car Park out side to a 3 or 4 level Job underneath the current stadium Car Park, with access for Season Ticket Holders and the like. Maybe.

Suitman

Post Whore
The possibilities are endless mate. We'd have to think of funding. You are talking expensive now.

Suity

Dav3

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
I can keep going.

Behind the North East Corner of the Stadium, should be a new Ticketek office for Game tickets, (Moving the office from the Behind the Cronin Stadium) Which also has a 2 Terminal Area inside the Front of the "Football Club" Offices and a Team Store. Alleviating the need to have to rely on the one at the "League Club", additional 2 Window Ticket offices could be Placed at the North West and South Western Corner Stands.

What would also be nice is if they can when digging the foundation for that Stand, Keep going down and expand the Car Park out side to a 3 or 4 level Job underneath the current stadium Car Park, with access for Season Ticket Holders and the like. Maybe.

Maybe plant a few money tree's along the footpath leading from Parramatta Pools to Parramatta Stadium?

lol nuhh .. idea's sound awsome ... dunno if there realisitic though in terms of funding.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
complete waste of taxpayers money.

cannot figure out why we need to increase the capacity of the stadium where it is used 11 or 12 times a year, where it averages around half the current capacity. it will sell out once or maybe twice a season if the eels have a good run.
there is a world class 80,000 stadium 10min down the M4 that has waaaaaay better infrastructure with public transport and car parking if we ever need a bigger ground.

MarkInTheStands, I like the cut of your insider jib.

No doubt these stands will be named Kenny and Sterlo?

Would be the premier RL facility in NSW, rivalling Lang Park.

Tyler Durden said:

cannot figure out why we need to increase the capacity of the stadium where it is used 11 or 12 times a year, where it averages around half the current capacity. it will sell out once or maybe twice a season if the eels have a good run.
there is a world class 80,000 stadium 10min down the M4 that has waaaaaay better infrastructure with public transport and car parking if we ever need a bigger ground.

I think they would find more use for a stadium of this sort than just Parra Games.

Telstra world class maybe for atheletics . . .

For anything played on a rectangular field, it is a cavernous hole.

I can't stand watching footy there.

This is the best idea I have heard since Timana only needing to plead guilty to play next week.

Parra Stadium could host Super 12, some International Rugby, A-Leauge finals etc. etc.

Tyler Durden said:

Would Also benefit the Western Rams, You could Play other games their, and use it as a neutral ground for Finals Matches.

Also Sydney F.C Train out of their so they could use another side to the Northern Stand for Their Offices and as a World Class Training Facility.

The Northern and Southern Terraces are already called Kenny and Sterling. They should have other names IMO.

Latest posts