What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra team Vs Sharks

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Good looking side. Cannings better pull his finger out as well if he wants a lookin. Will have to lift a 1000% from previous efforts. Fui still might make the side b4 Saturday.

Hoping the outside players see more ball this week.

coolumsharkie

Referee
What do you think about Tahu as outside centre? I tend to think he is a bit of a turnstile in that position..

Also Moi Moi must be thinking what he has to do to get a spot.. He was awsome last week.

fish eel

Immortal
coolumsharkie said:
What do you think about Tahu as outside centre? I tend to think he is a bit of a turnstile in that position..

Also Moi Moi must be thinking what he has to do to get a spot.. He was awsome last week.

Fui was good last week but others were better.

Also, if you think Tahu is a turnstyle, you havent seen us play much this year.

Bigfella

Coach
Further to the Burt posts - Cronulla is one side he has tended to play very well against in attack. Not so sure about the game earlier this year but the away game last year in particular he blitzed them with some great breaks, kick returns and dummy half runs. Agree defence and ball control in the tackle is still a concern (he seems to come up with at least one dropped ball on the first or second tackle with a soft carry per game). His kicking has been pretty good though and could count for alot on Sat night. Cronulla will primarily attack up the middle rather than out wide so his defence may not get the scrutiny it would against say a Brisbane, Melbourne or Cowboys.

coolumsharkie

Referee
you havent seen us play much this year.

I've watched most games... anyway good luck, your team seems to be coming good.

They look alot fitter this time around, should be a great game!

Anyone know what time Fox is showing the match?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Suitman said:
As long as he is in the side and keeps performing as softly as he did last week, I'll keep singing.
Can someone just tell him to run straight and with some f***ing passion.

Suity

As much as it hurts me to agree with Suity, I don't like the way Burty holds the ball out in front of him with two hands.

As we saw last week, some one just has to grab one of his arms and he drops the ball.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well you must've been watching with your eyes closed.

or just hanging around the power lines at Toyota Park too long

Sean7

Juniors
Twizzle said:
As much as it hurts me to agree with Suity, I don't like the way Burty holds the ball out in front of him with two hands.

As we saw last week, some one just has to grab one of his arms and he drops the ball.

Burt is awful and was awful last week. In fact, I'd go as far to say that everyone contributed something to the win except him.

Apart from his s#^t dummy-half runs. He threw a terrible ball to Tahu on our line, dropped a few balls and at one stage, rushed up so far out of the line in defence that he was about 10 metres behind the Manly player when he (the Manly player) caught the ball. Luckily, someone else covered for him. Chris Walker would've cringed.

Burt is the only weak link in our side and his goal kicking isn't reliable enough for him to hold his position. He's been one of the luckiest players in the comp over the last few years. Even against the Cowboys, he did nothing apart from scoring a try that even I would've scored. Peterson was completely awesome, yet didn't make it the next week (was he injured?). Peterson isn't perfect, but at least he's a good finisher and a great dummy-half runner when coming out of our own end. Peterson always puts in all game, where-as Burt just hangs around and occasionally pops up to stroll 20 metres and finish off someone else's good work.

Utey

Coach
Really solid team and how about out depth! Its great and we havent been in this position for a very long time. Bring on the Sharkies!

bartman

Immortal
Great looking firsts line-up, couldn't ask for anything better at this point in the season.

Interesting to see Cannings back in PL already. Am not sure he'd displace anyone from that first squad for mine though, even when fully fit? But he along with Robbo and Perenara are handy to have around if needed...

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Sean7 said:
Burt is awful and was awful last week. In fact, I'd go as far to say that everyone contributed something to the win except him.

You must have missed the first try then, and every conversion. I'm not saying that he's the 2nd best winger at the club, but to say that he didn't contribute something to the win is factually incorrect.

Hurriflatch

Referee
defensivly Burt is the weakest winger in the club incidently Petersen is the best defensive winger at Parramatta this year.

Goalkicking is a major reason why Burt is picked but I'd like to see Riddell given a chance to see how he goes.

I actually thought last week was one of Burt's best games this week now based on some of his games thats not saying much but I didn't think he was that bad last week.

John Williams was kicking them from the sideline last week. Williams is banging on Brian Smiths door with his preformances.

Hurriflatch

Referee
1 – Wade McKINNON v David Peachey
2 – Luke BURT v David Simmons
3 – Ben SMITH v Nigel Vagana
4 – Timana TAHU v Paul Mellor
5 – Eric GROTHE v Luke Covell
6 – John MORRIS v Greg Bird
7 – Tim SMITH v Brett Kimmorley
8 - Nathan CAYLESS © v Jason Stevens
9 – Mark RIDDELL v Matt Hilder
10 – Paul STRINGER v Danny Nutley
11 – Nathan HINDMARSH v Phil Bailey
12 – Glenn MORRISON v Reece Williams
13 – Daniel WAGON v Paul Gallen

14 – PJ MARSH v Michael Sullivan
15 – Dean WIDDERS v Phillip Leuluai
16 – Adam PEEK v Sam Isemonger
17 – Michael VELLA v Hutch Maiava
18 – Matt PETERSEN
19 – Fuifui MOIMOI

6 all with 1 draw in the starting lineups.

The benches play a different role other then PJ and Sullivan and I guess Peek and Isemonger but Widders and Vella offer diffrent things to Leuluai and Maiava.

nöyd

Staff member
Mostly agree with you Flatch but I think Wade has Peachey covered (loose opinion based on the fact I haven't seen many Sharks games this year) ;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
Jake the snake said:
John Williams was kicking them from the sideline last week. Williams is banging on Brian Smiths door with his preformances.

And a couple of weeks before he kicked one out of five after not missing for two weeks. He is just as inconsistent as Burt is.....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Burt has been pretty consistent, he kicked 2 from the sideline last week.

I seem to recal he has only had one bad week with the boot.