What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels forget Grand Final heartbreak to embrace fans, start Mad Monday

born an eel

Bench
On the Hayne thing as well, I read a comment from Ben Smith about how hard it is for him to go out anywhere, even going for a coffee ends up with people approaching him for photos and autographs. Ben's said he didn't know how he put up with it and handles himself so well.

For players like him it is not just this one day it's constant harassment.

yy_cheng

Coach
On the Hayne thing as well, I read a comment from Ben Smith about how hard it is for him to go out anywhere, even going for a coffee ends up with people approaching him for photos and autographs. Ben's said he didn't know how he put up with it and handles himself so well.

For players like him it is not just this one day it's constant harassment.

That's why he should live in Manly. But then, they would probably attack him. hmmmm.

The Colonel

Immortal
Sitting up in Sterlos there were a few players who came and went from the official function coming out and buying some drinks and having a chat to a few people. Every one of those guys were brilliant - including Jarryd. They had people more or less demanding that they come to where they were seated to get things signed rather than the people coming to them. They were close to being groped by various people, having pens jammed in their faces while they were talking, being dragged away from people they were talking too - never once though did they refuse a request.

At one stage Burty nearly had his head put through a tv screen when an overly jubilant fellow picked him up.

There was another cow of a woman who lost it and was calling Jarryd arrogant and pigheaded because after he signed something for her he chose to sit down with some of his friends rather than her. "They are football players - they should respond to all our requests" was her favourite line.

The players have been available to get stuff signed all year long at various events - they came back to the club Sunday night, they appeared for the fans yesterday and they have a parade? today as well. More than what we have had in the past and this will no doubt continue to increase..... unfortunately some people will never be happy.

fish eel

Immortal
Sitting up in Sterlos there were a few players who came and went from the official function coming out and buying some drinks and having a chat to a few people. Every one of those guys were brilliant - including Jarryd. They had people more or less demanding that they come to where they were seated to get things signed rather than the people coming to them. They were close to being groped by various people, having pens jammed in their faces while they were talking, being dragged away from people they were talking too - never once though did they refuse a request.

At one stage Burty nearly had his head put through a tv screen when an overly jubilant fellow picked him up.

There was another cow of a woman who lost it and was calling Jarryd arrogant and pigheaded because after he signed something for her he chose to sit down with some of his friends rather than her. "They are football players - they should respond to all our requests" was her favourite line.

The players have been available to get stuff signed all year long at various events - they came back to the club Sunday night, they appeared for the fans yesterday and they have a parade? today as well. More than what we have had in the past and this will no doubt continue to increase..... unfortunately some people will never be happy.

Well said Colonel.

The sad thing is, it's not the kids, it's always the ones who are old enough to know better.....

sportive cupid

Referee
People are quick to bag the players, but TBH, some of our fans that I saw yesterday at the Stadium - the players did well not to tell them to f**k off.

Call Jarryd Hayne arrogant, there was nothing more arrogant than this woman I saw trying to lean over the fence (even though there were kids between here and the fence!) waving TWO jerseys barking 'Jarryd sing these two jerseys. These two jerserys sign them Jarryd'.

Then there was that clown who had a jersey - but had something hard stuffed down it and stretched the jersey out (obviously so she had something hard for them to sign on),waving this thing around donking people on the head. I could go on and on.

If anyone is going to criticise the players for not signing as much as you'd like, you should also take them time to criticise the greedy, rude, obnoxious fans who never have enough, show no gratitude and ruin it for other people.
Look I'm sorry,I didn't see you on Sunday alright:sarcasm: I would have said hello.... no need to bag me out here for everyone to see;-)

Hellsy

Immortal
People are quick to bag the players, but TBH, some of our fans that I saw yesterday at the Stadium - the players did well not to tell them to f**k off.

Call Jarryd Hayne arrogant, there was nothing more arrogant than this woman I saw trying to lean over the fence (even though there were kids between here and the fence!) waving TWO jerseys barking 'Jarryd sing these two jerseys. These two jerserys sign them Jarryd'.

Then there was that clown who had a jersey - but had something hard stuffed down it and stretched the jersey out (obviously so she had something hard for them to sign on),waving this thing around donking people on the head. I could go on and on.

If anyone is going to criticise the players for not signing as much as you'd like, you should also take them time to criticise the greedy, rude, obnoxious fans who never have enough, show no gratitude and ruin it for other people.

Here here Fishy, I saw some terrible excuses for adults over the last few days

IFR33K

Coach
i think its fair to criticise players in field performance, but not the off field personality.

Hes had enough of acknowledging thousands of people, probably slept little. give him a break u slug.

if u saw him taking to everyone at the post game function at parra leagues last nite, u would see hes a nice bloke. stop bitching about people. talk about footy.

You f**ken gronk, you come across as a tough guy...pity its behind a keyboard though. Why dont you shut the f**k up. Thats my opinion. Everybody that was there was disappointed. He could of been a bit friendlier and curtious, considering it was a PARRA FAN DAY.

Parra Guru

Coach
You f**ken gronk, you come across as a tough guy...pity its behind a keyboard though. Why dont you shut the f**k up. Thats my opinion. Everybody that was there was disappointed. He could of been a bit friendlier and curtious, considering it was a PARRA FAN DAY.

No they weren't.

As I said earlier, if you turn up to something before September you'll probably get a better response.

IFR33K

Coach
No they weren't.

As I said earlier, if you turn up to something before September you'll probably get a better response.

And how the f**k do you know, if I've gone to one before September.
I was there yesterday, and Jarryd sure as hell didn't want to be. He disappointed a lot of fans, some that traveled many kilometers just to attend.
Is that so hard to comprehend, or do you need time to think about it?

Kornstar

Coach
I hate "people", hence why i never go to these fan days or anything.

I support my team by going to the games, being a season ticket holder, B&G Army member, leagues club member, football club member, travelling to away games and buying merchandise etc.

I have no interest in meeting the players, i know people who could introduce me to them in a social environment and still refuse to meet them as i have nothing to say to them, i don't want to be that pathetic "i love you guys so much" person and i don't want to force conversation with them either, i am happy to just watch them and support them, they owe me nothing more than to play with everything they have on the field! Don't care what they do off it to be honest.......

I LOVE the Eels more than life itself, ask my wife, she hates it!

I still heard people at the game like the people described above at the end of the season that would scream at Hayne for not doing something to their liking, even after he won us games. They used to do it to Tim Smith too........i don't get "people", hence why i hate them!

I didn't and still don't want to be around people even today after the loss, so i understand that the players may not be so happy about having to do all this stuff after the loss.

The club is capitalising on the success, which is fair enough but i am sure it is a little bit too much for most of the players considering they didn't win and they have to "pretend" to be happy for some certain fans like the ones described.......no wonder some players were sh*tty!

fish eel

Immortal

I was there and was NOT disappointed.

I'm not gonna say you should have turned up before September because I don't know u or your circumstances.

But I will say it sounds like u feel strongly about it so why don't you raise it with the club?

Runaround Man

Juniors
Honestly,

The players are there to play football, not there to massage our egos about being seen with them or getting autographs etc, even though it is exciting when we get to be in their presence. We need to respect them and give them space....IMO

Parra Guru

Coach
And how the f**k do you know, if I've gone to one before September.
I was there yesterday, and Jarryd sure as hell didn't want to be. He disappointed a lot of fans, some that traveled many kilometers just to attend.
Is that so hard to comprehend, or do you need time to think about it?

I don't really give a sh*t whether you have or haven't. It was just a suggestion.

But considering your responses, I'm starting to find it more and more amusing that you missed out on Monday.

i have been stoked withthe boys season, and was happy to attend the fan day, all i am trying to say is that while most players turned up and did a great job, Burt, inu and mannah were fantastic for me and my kids, as was jono wright. But there were some players who could have done better, in my opinion.

I dont get access to the team like others do, likewise i am not in a situation where i can attend alot of games, so the fan day is the only time/place i see them. My kids were keen to get Haynes autograph and he, IMHO, didnt do enough.

Yes i understand all the commitments they had and feeling under the weather, but at the end of the day it was a fan day, for us to thank them for the year they have given us. I am proud to be an eels supporter but feel some of them could of done better.

Hellsy

Immortal
Wow... this thread has turned ugly....

I'm just happy there were things on for us to attend, we could have easily been shut out altogether....

Exactly. So why are you giving Hayne a hard time?

Because i didnt get the opportunity to thank all of them..look at the end of the day i will still be an eels supporter through and through, was just expressing my opinion which i thought i was entitled to do.

Don't shoot me for my opinion and my experience at the fan day, maybe a table with them all seated for autographs and meets would have been better, I dont know.

Latest posts