What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels fume as Fuifui Moimoi wavers on deal

mickdo

Coach
yeah, but I think the issue is why, if he agreed he still hasnt signed anything after how long?

the same thing happened with Hayne, there was a long delay between saying he had agreed and him signing. Not sure it's the best way for the club to do things. If they agree, them sign them up FFS

Who knows what these fwit managers get up to

El Diablo

Post Whore
Difference is while he hadn't signed a contract Turner had signed a letter of intent.....

not true

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/turner-pleads-for-release/story-e6frep5x-1111112573885

Turner says his frustration comes over not actually signing a contract or letter of intent with Gold Coast. He agreed through an email sent by his manager David Riolo.

"Nothing was ever signed," Turner said. "I didn't leave Melbourne because I was unhappy. Just that I wanted to play regular first grade. But I've got cold feet now and don't want to go.

and Gallop had this to say http://www.abc.net.au/news/australia/qld/goldc/200608/s1720288.htm

NRL backs Titans over Turner tug-of-war

Melbourne winger Steve Turner could face a season on the sidelines after the National Rugby League (NRL) today refused to register his new contract with the Storm.

The 21-year-old is at the centre of a contract tug-of-war after he re-signed with the Storm for three seasons, despite agreeing to terms with new NRL franchise, the Gold Coast Titans, last June.

Turner claimed he had verbally agreed to join the Titans but had not signed a formal contract with the club.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said Turner must play with the Gold Coast in 2007 or sit out the season.

"I would hope that's not the case but certainly we would like to see him playing and playing at the Titans," he said.

Mr Gallop said Turner had given the Titans every reason to believe he would be joining the club in 2007.

"The player (Turner) even went on television and radio and announced he would be playing for the Titans," he said. "The player's manager even stated he's steadfast in the belief that there was an agreement reached."

so there is a precedent if Fui has done something similar

The Colonel

Immortal
I think part of the deal and the reason the Titans backed off was they got Esi Tonga and another junior player in the deal.

Smith Samau and Daniel Isaac. Samau was last seen at the Roosters..... Isaac was last seen somewhere around Newcastle playing park footy.

If the Warriors throw in Shaun Johnson and Sam Rapira they can have him.

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
they didn't have to

they agreed to that in exchange for letting Turner stay

Exactly. The ball was always in the Titan's court. They eventually submitted and let Turner stay in Melbourne due to the trade deal. But if they wanted to hold their ground they could have and the Turner would have been forced to either play for the Titans or sit out the duration of his contract. That would have been messy so thankfully it didn't come to that.

Delboy

First Grade
For once Stagger makes a lot of sense, why worry about what may happen.

Players leave , others come, and I think DA was successful enough even in the UK, to get some decent players . I can't imagine Fui leaving, but he is 30 playing a very aggressive style so who knows.

We are too quick to jump and wring our hands, Ossie is a saviour one moment and useless the next., and on it goes .

My little fear is more that when players that have been with us, play their first game against the Eels they invariably do very well.

Even Kane Cleal scored a try against us, as did TRex, Hodkinson, Judas,and quite a few others, much as I like Tim Smith I just hope he doesn't. I will admit that I was disappointed to see him leave, one of the few 7s that threatened consistently in the oppostion 20. he was exciting to watch at those times, and guess what I don't want a 7 who can just tackle, that is someone elses major responsibility

El Diablo

Post Whore
Exactly. The ball was always in the Titan's court. They eventually submitted and let Turner stay in Melbourne due to the trade deal. But if they wanted to hold their ground they could have and the Turner would have been forced to either play for the Titans or sit out the duration of his contract. That would have been messy so thankfully it didn't come to that.

and when Tomane wanted out for similar reasons to Turner the Storm forced him to stay

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/storms-teen-recruit-wants-out/story-e6frep5x-1111114319431

the Storm are scum

eels_fan

First Grade
<H1 id=articleHeadline>Eels must re-sign Moimoi: Cayless

By Josh Jerga AAP Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:47:35

Parramatta forward Fuifui Moimoi doesn't give much away about his future but captain Nathan Cayless says he must be re-signed at all costs.
Moimoi is reportedly yet to sign a new contract with the NRL club for next season despite a verbal agreement with chief executive Paul Osborne.
Cayless said the hard-running prop usually keeps things "close to his chest" but has urged the Eels to do everything they can to re-sign him.
"The club definitely needs to keep Fui here," Cayless told AAP.
"He's been enormous for us over the last few years and is getting better and better as he gets older.
"I'm hoping the club will be doing everything they can to keep him here."
In the last month, the Eels have strengthened their ranks by re-signing Daniel Mortimer and Luke Burt to multi-year deals as well tying Jarryd Hayne to a $2 million, four-year contract in December.
Cayless said now that those players had put ink to paper, Moimoi should be the Eels' "main priority".
Any decision by Moimoi to leave the club would be a devastating blow to Eels chairman Roy Spagnolo, who shares a close relationship with the prop and has supported him since he arrived in 2004.
"Roy's been pretty much a father figure to him so it's going to be very, very hard for him to leave," Cayless said.
</H1>http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...eels-must-re-sign-moimoi-cayless/default.aspx

shiznit

Coach
Smith Samau and Daniel Isaac. Samau was last seen at the Roosters..... Isaac was last seen somewhere around Newcastle playing park footy.

If the Warriors throw in Shaun Johnson and Sam Rapira they can have him.
:lol:

for Jarryd Hayne maybe...

nickel

Juniors
...much as I like Tim Smith I just hope he doesn't. I will admit that I was disappointed to see him leave, one of the few 7s that threatened consistently in the oppostion 20. he was exciting to watch at those times, and guess what I don't want a 7 who can just tackle, that is someone elses major responsibility

Tim goes for alot of long balls for the cameras and it worked well at parra with the outside backs at the time...inu, grothe, tahu, hayne. I dont think he has the squad at cronulla to do that. I think the danger this week will be the inside balls to gallen and snowden close to the line, another one of tims favourite moves. Our forwards are quite strong and should nullify this tactic. I think we can rule out tim taking on the line because he was never the best ball runner.

I just hope the 15 game losing streak goes to sticky because i cant stand him.

Goodluck to Tim though but just not this week !

Latest posts