What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forty20

First Grade
I wouldn't want to take at look at the completion rate for either team as Canberra drop the ball again, this time just over half way.

Canberra look to be challenging the call.

Forty20

First Grade
The video ref finds a Parra hand on the ball, which means the call will be over turned for a Canberra penalty.

Forty20

First Grade
Folau comes infield to make a good tackle before he races back into position. Canberra opt to go to the other side of the field.

How did they score that?

Canberra chips the ball for their right edge centre but the kick goes backwards to the point that a pass would have been more effective.

Despite the poor kick, the Parra defenders stand off the centre who runs towards the line, steps inside and scores a midst 4 or so defenders.

Cornish nails the conversion.

Canberra lead Parra 22-6

46m gone.

Forty20

First Grade
ZDC is penalised for a high shot on the Raider's 40m line.

It is going to be a tough set for Parra here.

Forty20

First Grade
Wrong option from Canberra for mine.

They end up netting a line drop out with a grubber kick but I feel they should have gone through the hands as we were short on our right edge.

Forty20

First Grade
Canberra cross yet again, this time with a slice of fortune.

Cornish tried to thread a grubber kick through but it deflects off a Parra defender...however the deflection is deftly picked up by the left-edge Canberra centre (Hawkins) and he strolls over to score another try.

Cornish has definitely found his radar as he hits another conversion.

Canberra have blown us away as they lead 28-6

50m gone.

Forty20

First Grade
Yet another mistake from Canberra off the kickoff.

We have failed to punish them for any of the previous kick off mistakes and we fail to do so again as Daoud can not control a poor pass.

Parra then concede a penalty.

Forty20

First Grade
A better set of goal line defence for Parra ends with Tangira intercepting an inside ball from Cornish.

Parra receive a penalty immediately after to get them out to halfway.

Kornstar

Coach
Doing a reasonable job when you consider that kaysa, Paulo, Fraser and Kalepi aren't out there..

So our academy only has 6 players in it?

To be honest, all of them could potentially play first grade (in all likeliness not many of them i understand), you never know what could happen to any of them to finally wake up and realise their potential and at the same time understanding that pure talent rarely gets you anywhere and you need to apply yourself.

Morts is a great example of this, i watched him in the lower grades and he never impressed me in the slightest, yet he has played in a GF and is on track to play in a team that could win the comp this year.......hard work and application got him there.......

In saying all of that, this team has been shit for a very long time and don't look to be getting better any time soon, they were shit with all the academy players too.......different coaches, new culture......still shit!

Forty20

First Grade
Hahahahahaha oh wow.

Cornish redeems his earlier pass as he intercepts a pass from Brassington on halfway.

Unlike Tangira, who was pulled down quickly, Cornish strides out all the way to the try line to score a four pointer.

Cornish then converts his own meat pie.

Canberra lead Parra 34-6

55m gone.

Braisington is hopeless. Can't believe that I saw something in his game previously.

Andrew Webster the coach deserves the flick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts