What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Colonel

Immortal
<H1 class=heading>Manly teen captain picked off by Parramatta in massive deal
13 Jun 11 @ 05:44pm by Jon Geddes rugby league

c40d6f8bc67071baa3fe8136a36283a2_resized.jpg

Manly recruitment officer Noel Cleal (maroon hat) believes Parramatta are seeking revenge by targeting Sea Eagles junior Joey Lussick.

SEA Eagles recruitment guru Noel Cleal has accused rivals Parramatta of seeking revenge on the club by throwing big bucks at the 16-year-old captain of Manly&#8217;s Harold Matthews team.
Halfback Joey Lussick, a Beacon Hill junior and younger brother of rising Manly forward Darcy, received a massive deal from the Eels that was just too good to refuse.
&#8220;I think it is an attempt to try and get something back at us,&#8221; Cleal said.
&#8220;They are responding to the success we have had with Parramatta juniors.&#8221;
What do you think about the Eels picking up Joey Lussick ? Have your say below.
Six players who were in the Eels&#8217; nursery are now members of Manly&#8217;s NRL squad after seeing an opportunity on the peninsula - Jamie Buhrer, Tim Robinson, Tony Williams, David Williams, Jamie Lyon and Joe Galuvao.
&#8220;At least I wait until they have turned 20, now they are poaching them at 16,&#8221; Cleal said.
At the same time Parramatta, who have the second biggest nursery in the NRL behind Penrith, have come under heavy fire for their recruitment policy.
&#8220;Joey is a good young player and we just got beaten by the size of the offer,&#8221; Cleal said.
&#8220;They threw five times the money that we had and they have five times the amount to spend on their second-tier budget than we do. &#8220;So we weren&#8217;t even in a bull&#8217;s roar of matching their offer.&#8221;
Cleal said the same thing happened when the Sea Eagles lost forwards Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Lama Tasi to the Roosters.
&#8220;That is the nature of the beast, we have a limited budget that we have to stick to.&#8221;
While the Sea Eagles have lost Joey, his 22-year-old brother will be at the club for the next couple of years and is one of a number of rising stars who will take the club into the future.
The forward made his NRL debut on Saturday night in the impressive 24-4 win over the Cowboys at Brookvale Oval. &#8220;He was always going to be a late developer because of where he plays,&#8221; Cleal said.
Lussick is another of the players to have graduated from the Sea Eagles under-20 Toyota Cup side along with the likes of Kieran Foran, Jamie Buhrer, Daly Cherry-Evans, Will Hopoate and Michael Oldfield.
</H1>
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.a...ain-picked-off-by-parramatta-in-massive-deal/

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Fancy Manly having a whinge at another club for posting juniors, suck shit Crusher you fat whinging turd.

Delboy

First Grade
Looks like the work being done by Nolan below the NRL is paying dividends, I understand that he has also targetted a number of players to strenghten our age group teams, and is bringing is some new faces to NYC.

As for Cleal and the Beagles, about time karma came and bit you, what a bunch of sooks, next we will have Zorba complaining about budgets, they are such hypocrites

Gronk

Staff member
Blues go for under-18s Origin win

15 Jun 11 @ 05:51am by BRIAN KARLOVSKY

b47f4718c27361df3369b3cc057b0be4_resized.jpg

Jacob Gagan has big ambitions for the Blues ahead of the under-18's State of Origin tonight at ANZ Stadium.

WHEN Smithfield league star Jacob Gagan runs on to ANZ Stadium tonight for the under-18s State of Origin, his adrenalin levels will be red-lining.
Gagan, 17, is hoping to lift the under-18 Blues to their second win over the Maroons in as many years, a far cry from their professional counterparts.
But he admits, even at this level, Origin is a different game.
&#8220;Origin is always a lot more intense,&#8221; he said. &#8220;There are always bigger hits and everyone is just a lot more aggressive.&#8221;
&#8220;It will be a tough game. Queensland have a very strong team, so we will just have to bring our A-game and see how we go.&#8221;
Gagan, who trained with the Parramatta Eels first grade earlier this year, has been in camp with other young Blues players at the Sebel Hotel, Parramatta since last Saturday. He said he hoped he could build some good bonds with his team mates prior to the match.
But when he runs down the stadium tunnel, he said he will be thinking &#8220;try not to make any mistakes and go hard&#8221;!
&#8220;There are some good players in our team, so I reckon we will give Queensland a run for their money.&#8221;
In 2010, Gagan represented Sydney Southwest, NSW Combined High Schools, Parramatta SG Ball, NSW State of Origin and Australian Schoolboys.
Gagan, who trains six times a week, is now in the under-20s Toyota Cup side.
He hopes to crack first grade next year for the Eels, but admitted it was a tough ask.
&#8220;It depends on injuries, but hopefully I will get a go soon,&#8221; he said. &#8220;We will just have to wait and see. I think I am ready.&#8221;
http://fairfield-advance.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/blues-go-for-under-18s-origin-win/

oldmancraigy

Coach
[QUOTE]

He hopes to crack first grade next year for the Eels, but admitted it was a tough ask.
“It depends on injuries, but hopefully I will get a go soon,” he said. “We will just have to wait and see. I think I am ready.”

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeh. It's a REAL struggle to crack a first grade wing spot at Parra :roll:

Hopefully the kid is ready - be great to see someone with a bit of talent on one of our flanks next season!

MrT

Juniors
This kid has the physique. Only 17 he'll fill out even more. He'll be more than just a winger. Centre or Fullback

Gronk

Staff member
anyone know how our two fellas went in the blues under 18s win last night?

NSW Under 18 defend title
Joe Barton
AAP

16/06/2011 8:41:52 AM

There will be no shortage of passion in future State of Origin matches if Wednesday night's fiery curtain-raiser to game two at ANZ Stadium is anything to go by.
The match, comfortably won by the NSW under 18s 16-6 over their Queensland counterparts, erupted five minutes into the second half when a brawl broke out on the Blues' try line.
The scrap started when NSW fullback Nesiasi Mataitonga was set upon after he spilled a grubber kick and escalated into four separate fights.
NSW were fired up by champion Blues prop Glenn Lazarus, who handed them their jerseys pre-game, while coach Craig Sandercock said he had showed his team highlights of some of the great Origin moments during the week.
"I got a little bit of vision and a few highlights of what Origin means and that probably fired the boys a little bit and inspired them to have a bit of a dig," Sandercock said.
Queensland may have won the fight - they received the penalty - but the Blues showed their future looks promising with tries to Sam Coster, backrower Kyle Lovett and Michael Lichaa securing the win.
Showing their never-say-die spirit, Queensland fought until the final whistle and were rewarded with a try in the 53rd minute to Tautau Moga.
Two players left the field with potentially serious injuries, with Blues lock Ben Roose dislocating his knee and Queensland's Caleb Binge* suffering an ankle injury.

*Binge was the player who accused Penrith centre Timana Tahu of racial abuse last season.
http://nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=38027&title=nsw-under-18-defend-title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts