What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
These kids always play in successful HM's or SGB squads, why are they so shit when they get to the NYC???

I hope this is one of the things the new "structure" is going to fix!

Have a look at the coaches record , self explanatory, he coaches the footy out of them.

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
So why is he going to be running the academy?

Good Question, he is ok at coming up with drills to develop a skill, but because he never played the game he cant get the things right for a team to function & 18/20 year olds dont like to be treated like school kids which
all our 20s coaching staff are school teachers.

Kornstar

Coach
Have a look at the coaches record , self explanatory, he coaches the footy out of them.

Well I have been very critical of him in the past as I don't rate him, then I am usually yelled down for being critical of him........seems a little of a protected species.......

Parra09

Juniors
Someone shoudl ask Kearney whether he actually met his new 20's coach yet........ someone might be surprised at the response.......

Jobs for the boys at Parra at 2012........ thats our new 'structure'.....

Parra09

Juniors
Good Question, he is ok at coming up with drills to develop a skill, but because he never played the game he cant get the things right for a team to function & 18/20 year olds dont like to be treated like school kids which
all our 20s coaching staff are school teachers.
So was one of our most successful coaches. 'Playing the game' has never been a prerequsite. Thats one of the major problems with our game today. We seem to think that if you never 'played' the game at the highest level, that you dont know anything about it. That is the sort of thinking that belongs in lesser sports.......... or in the minds of lesser followers :sarcasm:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Whether he played first grade or not doesn't affect a coach's knowledge of the game but it does influence how much respect he commands from the players.

That's why coaches with limited first grade experience always seem to struggle with personality clashes - because they lose the respect of the players far too easily.

Should it matter to the players whether the coach has played first grade? No it shouldn't.

But these are footy players; some of the dumbest, most uneducated, egotistical people on the planet. They're very picky about who they'll listen to.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Whether he played first grade or not doesn't affect a coach's knowledge of the game but it does influence how much respect he commands from the players.

That's why coaches with limited first grade experience always seem to struggle with personality clashes - because they lose the respect of the players far too easily.

Should it matter to the players whether the coach has played first grade? No it shouldn't.

But these are footy players; some of the dumbest, most uneducated, egotistical people on the planet. They're very picky about who they'll listen to.

Reading a Roy Masters article today, I was thinking did Roy Masters ever play top level league ?

Parra09

Juniors
.......That's why coaches with limited first grade experience always seem to struggle with personality clashes - because they lose the respect of the players far too easily.......
One of the finst coaches never to have won a premiership would disagree....

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Tizzun

Juniors
Someone shoudl ask Kearney whether he actually met his new 20's coach yet........ someone might be surprised at the response.......

Pretty silly if Kearney hasn't met him but I would imagine the new coach has good credentials?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Your choice of words shows you up to be just another failed club politician (or a friend/relative of one) with an axe to grind.

So I don't trust a word you say. And even if your facts are right, your assessment of them isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.