1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Twizzle, May 14, 2016.

1. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Ok. That is a fair call.

Parra play Norths next week. Eels are a very strong side from what I hear

2. Cumberland Eel

Cumberland Eel Juniors

Just to play devils avocado for a minute isn’t your nephew technically a parra junior who is playing reps for Norths?

3. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Nope

4. Delboy

Delboy First Grade

A question, junior reps etc are postponed, players still attend school etc, don’t play in front of outdoor crowds of more than 500, but NSWRL includes juniors.if the don’t play they probably have part time jobs at Bunnings, Coles and others which sees them constantly with other people.
    Yet another conundrum in this current hysteria.

hindy111 likes this.
  5. Barry O'Speedwagon

Barry O'Speedwagon Coach

I guess the point is that at Bunnings they're unlikely to pack into a scrum while out of breath and dribbling. They probably still have the part time jobs regardless of whether they play footy. It's a tough call either way. Honestly not sure what I think.

6. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

It would be hard to have a blanket rule that covers every possible event

7. Delboy

Delboy First Grade

Bit swayed as been in NZ for 2 weeks and fly back tomorrow, just isn't the hysteria here that have seen from home in media etc. the concern here is more that their health system isn't up to much and wouldn't sustain a big influx of patients, but overall on the South Island there's not much about it.
    Auckland tv gives it a bit , more about washing hands and being clean is the message.

Anyway, as the virus seems to have little impact on the ages under 20, perhaps it's an overreaction. Heard Dave Trodden form the NSWRL speak on it, not convinced he understood the implications, waffled on about following Qld.

8. Barry O'Speedwagon

Barry O'Speedwagon Coach

Mate I don't think the concern is so much for the health of the under 20's....it's for their relatives and friends who may be more vulnerable.

9. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

I'd keep amd eye on countries like Germany and Japan and how act. Not NZ.
    No offense.

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  10. I'm a loser baby...

I'm a loser baby... Referee

FFS he's not Barry O'Sheepshagger.

11. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

That was Australia a month ago. New Zealand will catch up.

12. Barry O'Speedwagon

Barry O'Speedwagon Coach

So, I should invade Poland and bomb Pearl Harbour? Could work.

13. strider

strider Post Whore

While i get the point about but they are still working and going to school, i reckon its all about the scale of it ..... telling the entire population to not work or go to school is incredibly more drastic than telling a fraction of the population sorry you shouldnt play footy for a while .... i think the govt would like to stop it all but cant

14. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Not in Germany. Schools shut. So are all car manufacturers

15. Poupou Escobar

There are two competing disasters they're trying to avert - the one where 500k (mostly old) people die, and the one where five million working age people wind up unemployed.

Angry_eel and hindy111 like this.
  16. Barry O'Speedwagon

Barry O'Speedwagon Coach

In 2036.

17. Poupou Escobar

18. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

I want to keep this question low key, but is Kandice a real person? I don’t ever have heard of them.

19. Poupou Escobar

Yeah he played in our SG Ball team. He was highly touted, signing with us from New Zealand, but his time here was plagued by injury. He suggested a season ending injury during the Flegg season and we let him go, presumably with a payout.

This tells me he was never going to be good enough for first grade, but from his perspective he would feel like he never got the chance to find out. It would be a tough way to end your career.

20. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

Jarryd Hayne: I consider him to be the most entertaining and talented rugby league player I have seen.

Did anybody get to see him play in HM or SG ball?

I went to a bunch of games at Cabramatta around that time but cant recall seeing him play.

I did see Timmy Mannah play SG ball and I recall thinking he was a thug (he got into a minor fight in a scrum and had a smile on his face which I took to be thuggery). What judge of character...
    I also thought Trent Hodkinson was going to be a bit of an Andrew Johns. Haha.