1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Twizzle, May 14, 2016.

1. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

This side didn't amount to much and the only genuine first grader so far is Twal. Then there's a couple of fringe first graders in French and Fuimaono, plus Amone has played some first grade as a backup.

De Luis is quite deceptive and has a bit of aggression, but lacked the size for first grade.

2. T.S Quint

T.S Quint Coach

Didn’t that Aukafolau bloke have some big wraps on him?
    Was expected to make FG at some stage wasn’t he?

3. TheRam

TheRam First Grade

Something is definitely still wrong with out junior development systems. Just comparing the Panthers to ours and since Gould(piss off Gould haters, he is way ahead of you imbiciles, it at funny) put a broom through them and restructured everything from the ground up, they have been producing a very consistant and steady stream of NRL standard players.

We on the other hand seem to talk them up big time but then when it comes to NRL time, virtually nothing materialises. I hope that it is just a matter of being a little more patient and in one or two more seasons we will start to see some fruit bearing dividends.

T-Boon and hindy111 like this.
  4. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

I think some of our juniors will be involved in the game today streamed by the daily telegraph Patrician Brothers Blacktown v St Dominics (I think these are the teams) and I assume a few of the PBB players will be Eels juniors.

5. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

Just looked at the teams and Jacob Arthur is still in school and listed as the 7. The other name I recognise is Sam Louizou - he is one of our up and comers.
    It kicks off at 12.30.

6. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

“Jakob Arthur, he’s the son of Brad . He is a halfback and he is good. He played NSW Catholic Schoolboys last year and is with Parra,” Beacroft said.

“Samuel Loizou, played schoolboys as a 16-year-old, he’s a centre signed with Parra.

T-Boon likes this.
  7. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

Sean Russell is another one that looks competent. Apparently already played some time in first grade during one of our trials.

8. Poupou Escobar

Reed Mahoney is the hooker for Patrician Brothers as well. They have a pretty strong team.

9. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

No you are thinking of his 46 year old brother Scott Mahoney.

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  10. Obscene Assassin

Obscene Assassin First Grade

Parra boys in the St Pats Blacktown team: Sean Russell, Bailey Nouredine, David Langi, Blake Martin, Uinitoni Mataele (off to Newcastle), Jontay-Junior Betham-Misa, and Ethan Sanders

Twizzle and Gazzamatta like this.
  11. parrathruandthru

parrathruandthru Juniors

+ Jakob
    Sam Loizou didn't play

Obscene Assassin and Gazzamatta like this.
  12. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

One thing I find interesting about watching the elite juniors level (as this game was I guess) is that there is almost no gang tackling and wrestle - it is all two man tackles. Its weird that what is arguably the most important part of the game at the NRL level is not a part of the game at all at the junior level. I think we need to somehow outlaw gang tackling at the NRL level. It is the source of all evil.

13. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

A Blacktown name through and through

14. Poupou Escobar

He doesn't just have two dads. He's got two mums as well.

Gazzamatta and hineyrulz like this.
  15. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

So progressive!!!!

16. Poupou Escobar

I reckon Gronk's got an internship lined up for him. He'll pay him $15k to sexually harass the other employees for six months before wrapping the office A-Class around a telegraph pole in Doonside.

hineyrulz likes this.
  17. Joshuatheeel

Joshuatheeel Moderator Staff Member

I assume as NRL players train full time and juniors don’t, there isn’t really the opportunity/time to teach NRL level wrestling at the junior level

18. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

I agree and also I suspect they know if they spent time trying to teach this stuff at training then the kids would probably go play another sport because it is a deplorable and stupid aspect of the professional game that nobody would have any interest in unless they were getting paid a lot to do it.
    It is a totally shameful part of the sport and I still have never heard an NRL coach use the term wrestling or otherwise talk about it. That is a pretty good sign of the shame of it.

19. Stormy36

Stormy36 Juniors

It's definitely coached in Jnr footy just not to the extent of NRL level. Some kids do it well and some will never learn. If you want to play NRL you need to know how to wrestle unfortunately because I agree it shouldn't be a part of the game

20. Poupou Escobar

I believe they refer to it as 'winning the tackle'.

T-Boon, hineyrulz and Stormy36 like this.