What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

lucablight

First Grade
From the Bulldogs website

“By comparison, Canterbury-Bankstown junior rugby league district is home to 3300 registered players, while Parramatta has 5700 participants and Penrith boasts around 9000.”

Penrith has a pretty big advantage when it comes to the junior catchment area. Anyone else think it’s unfair that most of the Blacktown areas fall into the Panther catchment area when they’re geographically closer to Parramatta?

hindy111

Post Whore
From the Bulldogs website

“By comparison, Canterbury-Bankstown junior rugby league district is home to 3300 registered players, while Parramatta has 5700 participants and Penrith boasts around 9000.”

Penrith has a pretty big advantage when it comes to the junior catchment area. Anyone else think it’s unfair that most of the Blacktown areas fall into the Panther catchment area when they’re geographically closer to Parramatta?

So you would say we have 60% the juniors Penrith do. Yet they are producing far more then double what we are. If we produced 6 guys to their 10 quality first graders I'd be happy. It seems more like 2 or at best 3 for every their 10.

Delboy

First Grade
So you would say we have 60% the juniors Penrith do. Yet they are producing far more then double what we are. If we produced 6 guys to their 10 quality first graders I'd be happy. It seems more like 2 or at best 3 for every their 10.
How does this year look, the Riff won no junior rep grades or played in GFs, the Eels performed considerably better and it’s been a work in progress. That’s how these things work, you have pretty golden times and then it falls back a bit, the Riff are getting dividends from winning junior reps over a few years with those teams remaining stable in terms of players.

Looks like we are working to the same formula, could work out.

hindy111

Post Whore
How does this year look, the Riff won no junior rep grades or played in GFs, the Eels performed considerably better and it’s been a work in progress. That’s how these things work, you have pretty golden times and then it falls back a bit, the Riff are getting dividends from winning junior reps over a few years with those teams remaining stable in terms of players.

Looks like we are working to the same formula, could work out.

I hope so mate. 🙏 It is hard with junior rep sides I guess. Considering the impact our Sg ball players had on our previously poor form in Flegg I'd say there is some real talent.
At the same time you could have a terrible side with two real guns in it. I guess unless watching games it's hard to know.
It is a possitive however how our juniors went this season. I hope Mataele steps up. Big unit and could be destructive.

Delboy

First Grade
I hope so mate. 🙏 It is hard with junior rep sides I guess. Considering the impact our Sg ball players had on our previously poor form in Flegg I'd say there is some real talent.
At the same time you could have a terrible side with two real guns in it. I guess unless watching games it's hard to know.
It is a possitive however how our juniors went this season. I hope Mataele steps up. Big unit and could be destructive.
Mate, the Ball side was a team not just 1 or 2 players, that’s why 8 or more of them went up to Flegg and got to the prelim final playing up 2 years.

hindy111

Post Whore
Mate, the Ball side was a team not just 1 or 2 players, that’s why 8 or more of them went up to Flegg and got to the prelim final playing up 2 years.

Yes exactly. A bad side could go poorly but have 2 absolute gems. While another side could have 10 solid NRL prospects but no superstars in the making. They'd out perform the other side.
When I saw the Flegg semi I thought we had far more talent in our side. But the Roosters just had physically bigger boys. They just had to run hard and gassed us. This could be due to age alone. We most likely have more talented players in the line up.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A few of them were playing three years up. Talagi, Arthur, Tuivati and Penisini all played Harold Matts last year, so they were a year young for SG Ball this year.

Gronk

Staff member
NSW INVITATIONAL UNDER 17s v WARRINGTON UNDER 17S
Saturday 4 November
11am, HE Laybutt Sporting Complex

NSW Invitational Under 17s: Mitchell Brophy (Canberra Raiders), Lachlan Dooner (Sydney Roosters), Jaxen Edgar (Penrith Panthers), Dominic Farrugia (Parramatta Eels), Zac Fittler (Sydney Roosters), Jezaiah Funa-luta (Parramatta Eels), Jacob Halangahu (St George Dragons), Zane Harrison (Northern Rivers Titans), Jack Hilliar (Newcastle Knights), Cody Hopwood (Newcastle Knights), Simione Laiafi (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Hokafonu Lemoto (Penrith Panthers), Casey McLean (Penrith Panthers), Lleyton Moore (North Coast Bulldogs), Toby Rodwell (Sydney Roosters), Harry Wald (Western Rams), Nikora Williams (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks), Mitchell Woods (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs). Coach: Geoff Toovey

chuurness

Juniors
Still waiting on the junior rep sides to be published... I know the matts side has around 40 - 42 players named... they just havnt made it public yet...

Gronk

Staff member

Ultimate QLD schoolboys team of 2023​

Author : News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

We name your ultimate QLD schoolboys team of the season

The votes are in and now we can reveal the ultimate Queensland schoolboys team of the season as decided by you. Find out who made the starting side here. Did readers get it right?

The future of rugby league in Queensland is in safe hands.

This year the Sunshine State’s best and brightest schoolboy rugby league stars proved themselves against elite opposition.

With the 2023 season wrapped we asked our readers to vote for their favourite schoolboy league stars and now we can reveal the ultimate side.

Blah blah blah ….

11 Elijah Tapau Taylor (Kirwan)​

The towering backrower will head south at the end of the year to link with the Parramatta Eels. Single-handedly turned the Aaron Payne Cup semi-final in his team’s favour with a second half try scoring double earlier this year.

Gronk

Staff member
A bit ridiculous that we haven't announced the junior rep squads by now. Wonder why they have m haven't done so?
From what I can see, most clubs have announced “summer squads”.

Anyway, I don’t trust the Telecrap, but maybe they have some goss behind this paywall?

IMG_1182.jpeg

JokerEel

Coach
Panthers Junior reps are already training...

Our club is so slow not only on releasing juniors but on everything.

A majority of clubs have released next year's jersey and you can already get them. ..

Clubs media introduce new signings on social we take a photo when they are training.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

A majority of clubs have released next year's jersey and you can already get them. ..

Clubs media introduce new signings on social we take a photo when they are training.

that just shows that we are much more chilled about the situation, life's too short to rush into everything

Gronk

Staff member

Are you saying that ours are not training ?