What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

JokerEel

Coach
I say this every time someone whines about expansion and not having the players..

Its more to do with the coaching staff and how they coach/develop players..

this is the same for us and our juniors... you dont invest (good coaching and development) in them then you will see no return..

emjaycee

Coach
I reckon our major issue is keeping them to be honest.
By my reckoning (and it is a quick glance only), there are 8 players in our squad that came through our juniors and have played NRL this year for us (Drown, Sanders, Moses, Penisini, Paulo, Blaze, Russell and Matterson).
8 others that are in the top 30 and play regular NRL somewhere else.
3 more if you include Mahoney, Marzhew and Niukore who first played U20's with us.
I forgot Stefano in my 8 others so in reality, our production line over the last 10 years has probably yielded 17 or more NRL players. Not Panther level but not dreadful.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In this case, my belief is a statement of fact here. It’s not my opinion that I believe that. It’s a fact that I do. Learn to interpret context. It’s a big part of how humans communicate.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think junior ‘development’ was less competitive back in the day. Head coaches still did it and only Gould and Brian Smith had mastered it. Now everyone’s doing it and even hiring the right people is super competitive.

Agree. Not every club was as professional either.
Now all clubs basicaly are.

hindy111

Post Whore
I forgot Stefano in my 8 others so in reality, our production line over the last 10 years has probably yielded 17 or more NRL players. Not Panther level but not dreadful.

Moses,Jnr,Matterson however are over 10yrs ago since they come through.
Even Manu Mau was 2014.

The last 7yrs has been very ordinary. Guys like Kafusi or Keppie are not origin level.
D.Browns the only one we have that is high level of say in last 8yrs

emjaycee

Coach
Moses,Jnr,Matterson however are over 10yrs ago since they come through.
Even Manu Mau was 2014.

The last 7yrs has been very ordinary. Guys like Kafusi or Keppie are not origin level.
D.Browns the only one we have that is high level of say in last 8yrs
Junior was 11 yrs ago, Moses was 10 and Matterson was 8.

I thought you said NRL level, so not sure why Origin level is now the measure you are using, but whatever.

hindy111

Post Whore
Junior was 11 yrs ago, Moses was 10 and Matterson was 8.

I thought you said NRL level, so not sure why Origin level is now the measure you are using, but whatever.
Because NRL level ain't ORIGIN level.
It's easy to recruit S.Russel and Kafusi level players. They are not difference makers
And will leave your club for an extra 20k.
Your stars however who are on over 800k will more likely sacrifice 50k to stay

emjaycee

Coach
It's easy to recruit S.Russel and Kafusi level players. They are not difference makers
I get that Origin level players are different to NRL level players and might sacrifice more.

I was listing our juniors at NRL level, not Origin level in response to the below post you made.

Still not sure why after I find 17 or so NRL players, you suddenly made it about Origin level.

So, in your opinion is 17 NRL players from our juniors in 10 years a pass or fail?

Yes. Unless they play NRL it's a fail for me.

hindy111

Post Whore
I get that Origin level players are different to NRL level players and might sacrifice more.

I was listing our juniors at NRL level, not Origin level in response to the below post you made.

Still not sure why after I find 17 or so NRL players, you suddenly made it about Origin level.

So, in your opinion is 17 NRL players from our juniors in 10 years a pass or fail?

I am busy at work but I thought I listed origin players prior didn't I?
I recall naming Burton,Edwards,Too Luai etc as reference......

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do you reckon our stars sacrificed $50k each to stay?

Pazza

First Grade
I think junior ‘development’ was less competitive back in the day. Head coaches still did it and only Gould and Brian Smith had mastered it. Now everyone’s doing it and even hiring the right people is super competitive.

Having the right people

Now we're talking

hindy111

Post Whore

I'd like to see us develop guys who are in origin discussion. I'm excited about Blaizes talent and I reckon MA might be a good one.
But we must do better. It feels like forever since we developed someone with X factor. I know Haynes,Lyon and Semis don't come along that often. I'll try and remain possitive on the next batch.

JokerEel

Coach