What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Delboy

First Grade
The form team of the comp, gone 14 wins 3 losses after starting with 7 losses.Some changes in coaching style and some Ball players promoted and just missed the finals , unfortunately it’s a 5 team finals m which is tough in a 14 team comp. Most interest is who will get NRL preseason and development or back end of top 30 deals given the strong finish.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I am really convinced that you are right about this.

From time to time however you do see a player like Lehi Hopoate who makes me eat my words. Maybe outside backs are different? Dunno.

There can definitely be an initial boom from a young player but I think over a course of a career it's better to have more games in cup than in Flegg.

It's only 2 examples (extremely small sample size) but the careers of Tepai Moeroa and Marata Niukore. I'm sure someone will come along and tell me how wrong I am with numerous other examples but right now those are the 2 I'm thinking of.

Stagger eel

Staff member
There can definitely be an initial boom from a young player but I think over a course of a career it's better to have more games in cup than in Flegg.

It's only 2 examples (extremely small sample size) but the careers of Tepai Moeroa and Marata Niukore. I'm sure someone will come along and tell me how wrong I am with numerous other examples but right now those are the 2 I'm thinking of.

which is the reason why im So baffled as to why the club has chosen not to give Tuivaiti a run in reserves when he’ll be part of our T30 next year…

oh and Twidle is another that should of played Reggie’s this year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
which is the reason why im So baffled as to why the club has chosen not to give Tuivaiti a run in reserves when he’ll be part of our T30 next year…

The clubs test their players throughout the season so they have a good grasp of where the players are physically. I'd say that determines the opportunities they get.

Gronk

Staff member

This year, often the kids that played reggies were the leftovers. Not good enough to make the Flegg side. Seems a bit arse up.

hindy111

Post Whore
The clubs test their players throughout the season so they have a good grasp of where the players are physically. I'd say that determines the opportunities they get.

Would you also say that if there are decent guys infront of him that are genuine back ups but to old for Flegg it would have something to do with it?
Like Makatoa,Ogden,Moretti,Guymer,Grieg for example needing big minutes.

hindy111

Post Whore
If they had held on for that game against the Raiders where the lead the whole way except for the last kick. . . .

What backs will come into NSW CUP.
I imagine next season we see
AMS, R.Pensini, Martyn,Russel, Tago in the backline.
Nrl I imagine

Iongi,Semi,Lomax,Simmonson, Wilson, Pensini and unsure where Guth plays.
Simmo may start the year in NSW cup.
Don't see Dunster getting anytime.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Would you also say that if there are decent guys infront of him that are genuine back ups but to old for Flegg it would have something to do with it?
Like Makatoa,Ogden,Moretti,Guymer,Grieg for example needing big minutes.
It’s true, but Guymer was eligible for Flegg this year.

emjaycee

Coach
It’s true, but Guymer was eligible for Flegg this year.
Could mean anything but it might have just been that Guymer was seen a more flexible option for FG and they wanted to give him more experience in open age.

Given where Charlie played in FG, not sure Tuivaiti would have been the best option to bolster the NRL side.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Could mean anything but it might have just been that Guymer was seen a more flexible option for FG and they wanted to give him more experience in open age.

Given where Charlie played in FG, not sure Tuivaiti would have been the best option to bolster the NRL side.
He definitely wouldn’t have bolstered the side. Guymer seemed to already be NRL level at what he provides, which is effort and mobility. Tuivati offers what Paulo and Greig offer, but at a much lower level. Anyway he could’ve been playing SG Ball again this year, so he was still playing against older merkins.