What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Meeting tonight

Gronk

Staff member
If a private consortium take over Parra Stadium (like they have at Telstra and Acer Arena) they will put the price of beer up !:crazy:

<UPtheEELS> said:
Piss off those advertising boards!

There is a plan to do that, but It also means building Grandstands in that section and we need a state and federal goverment grant to do that.

forward pass

Coach
MarkInTheStands said:
Also the Supporters club wants to see Railings put on all the stairs at the stadium to allow "Girls with High heals" and "People like us (Read over 65) who have mobility problems" not to fall down or twist an ankle when walking up or down the stairs.

What about boys in high heels............?

eelz47

Coach
i was told a few years ago that they intended to do the ends into grandstand, with cnr screens

also the railing will be hard i think

Okay,

The Government has decided to Amalgamate SOPA (Sydney Olympic Park Authority) with Parramatta Stadium Trust and the Penrith Aquatic Centre Trust into one organisation, purely for Rationalisation of staff and to be streamlined.

Apparently this has been approved by Treasury but has to go to Parliament to get final approval. Until then there is a temporary Trust running the stadium.

It is understood Major tenants of all facilities will have a member on the Trust.

BD5733

Juniors
eelz47 said:
i was told a few years ago that they intended to do the ends into grandstand, with cnr screens

also the railing will be hard i think

Well there would hardly be any point in installing soft railings. They wouldn't be sturdy.

The minor problems that the stadium has have been previously solved by fans in here......

In the offseason, the club should just give us all some $$$ for resources and we can have a working bee and get it all done in one day....with time for a game of footy on the field when we are done.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
:crazy: Are they going to increase seating to 40000? Will it be called Telstra West Stadium?

Just kidding, but seriously are there any plans on going to a second tier of seating on both ends of the ground?

JOB 3:14 said:
:crazy: Are they going to increase seating to 40000? Will it be called Telstra West Stadium?

Just kidding, but seriously are there any plans on going to a second tier of seating on both ends of the ground?

Yes, and there has been since 1984. It's Just getting the Funding and proving that we need it and can fill it.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
The stadium would look complete and we can be done with those ugly eyesores called billboards. That should take the capacity to about 30000?

planeteels

Juniors
at the time of the hills being seated.. the plans were to build a second tier at the northern end of the ground which would include (underneath) offices for the Coaching staff and I believe a New Gymnasium.

I don't recall anything ever being said about Screen in corners or anything like that as there were only conceptual drawings done of future proposals. In saying that.. this was all before the Eels moved to the new premises at the Former Northcott Society building so only God, Fitzy and Ovo know what the future holds.

planeteels said:
at the time of the hills being seated.. the plans were to build a second tier at the northern end of the ground which would include (underneath) offices for the Coaching staff and I believe a New Gymnasium.

Yep and the Gym would also be open to the public.

I still think the club is also trying to get the Parramatta pools Covered and heated for year round use.

that would help turn the area into a giant sport and rec park.

Suitman

Post Whore
JOB 3:14 said:
The stadium would look complete and we can be done with those ugly eyesores called billboards. That should take the capacity to about 30000?

My belief was that final capacity would be more like 25 000.

At the moment, we just can't justify that, unfortunately.
Until we regularly sell out the 20 000 seats we have now, I can't see any further proposals going ahead.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
My belief was that final capacity would be more like 25 000.

Currently 23,000 is capacity so I think it may bring it to 28,000 with the new stands if they go ahead.

At the moment, we just can't justify that, unfortunately.
Until we regularly sell out the 20 000 seats we have now, I can't see any further proposals going ahead.

Suity

I think you are pretty much on the money unless the proposal includes the gym as mentioned.