What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels sign Josh Papalii for 2014

broncos2010

Juniors
Thinking now that eels should have given papali an open cheque book when they tried to sign him after what I have seen from him in the last couple weeks and now playing origin as well he is a guy you could have build a forward pack around.

Oh well just one that slipped away.

Thinking now that eels should have given papali an open cheque book when they tried to sign him after what I have seen from him in the last couple weeks and now playing origin as well he is a guy you could have build a forward pack around.

Didn't even notice him on the field last night. No great loss, and certainly not the type of guy I want at our club anyway.

Eelpout

Juniors

He would have been a great signing no doubt.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Bloody school holidays :roll:

emjaycee

Coach

That is true.
I simply cannot believe our inept CEO, coach and recruitment manager couldn't see that this guy was a future superstar and get his signature on a contract... oh wait, they did!
The guy with no morals simply used it to get more money from Canberra.

Gronk

Staff member
That is true.
I simply cannot believe our inept CEO, coach and recruitment manager couldn't see that this guy was a future superstar and get his signature on a contract... oh wait, they did!

Harsh, but fair.

Let's not forget his turncoat on his motherland. Such a nice guy ...

''Mal was pretty convincing, it was hard because I stayed in Queensland for a while,'' Papalii said.
''It's more about where you come from and knowing your roots, and New Zealand's where I come from.
''I'd be awesome to honour my country.
''It was a tough decision but it's one I'm happy with.''

Daneel

Bench

G'day, haven't seen you around here since the eels gave it to the donkeys

Tony Bongo

Bench
That is true.

It's amazing how much indignation there is around Dumb C%nt Evans backflipping at the moment. I don't remember the same level of discussion when we got burned by Papalli. No doubt they'll finally change the rules now but they should have been changed after we were screwed over.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's amazing how much indignation there is around Dumb C%nt Evans backflipping at the moment. I don't remember the same level of discussion when we got burned by Papalli. No doubt they'll finally change the rules now but they should have been changed after we were screwed over.

There is the perception that Cherry-Evans manipulated the rules (and the Titans) to get the most money out of Manly. Papalii (or his management) might have done the same thing to us but the general perception is that he was manipulated by Canberra, rather than the other way around.

the_apostle21

Juniors
There is the perception that Cherry-Evans manipulated the rules (and the Titans) to get the most money out of Manly. Papalii (or his management) might have done the same thing to us but the general perception is that he was manipulated by Canberra, rather than the other way around.

Agree. And his reluctance to put rumours to bed was a big hint that he was never going to leave. Now Titans believed he was genuine and have now lost their best half in the process.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm sure the emergence of Elgey will soften the blow for them. He could be Origin class as early as next year, especially if they strengthen the team around him.

Latest posts