What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels win race for Ben Roberts

Euphoria85

Juniors
at least with sandow and roberts the ball will be spread more, and there will be more creativity as we have PROPER half and 5/8.

shifiting fui wider (like how he was set up when morts put him through the hole 5m from the line against souths) will be a deadset 4 pointer everytime

Parraren

Bench
at least with sandow and roberts the ball will be spread more, and there will be more creativity as we have PROPER half and 5/8.

shifiting fui wider (like how he was set up when morts put him through the hole 5m from the line against souths) will be a deadset 4 pointer everytime

Fui's fitness would be the ony problem.

Having said that, the evolution of Fui has been remarkable over the years.

I know Phil Gould keeps saying we need to get him running wider.

natheel

Coach
Fui's fitness would be the ony problem.

Having said that, the evolution of Fui has been remarkable over the years.

I know Phil Gould keeps saying we need to get him running wider.

i think fui running wide would be good but i think having a pack reading like

8. Mannah
9. Mcguire/Keating
10. Fui
11. Hindy
12. Shack
13. Reni

will allow for fui to shift out wide on some attacking plays with shack moving in to a prop position

fui is devestating as a front rower and i dont think we need to shift him to second row. just when its needed during games like in the 09 gf where he scored that try

caylo

Bench
i think fui running wide would be good but i think having a pack reading like

8. Mannah
9. Mcguire/Keating
10. Fui
11. Hindy
12. Shack
13. Reni

will allow for fui to shift out wide on some attacking plays with shack moving in to a prop position

fui is devestating as a front rower and i dont think we need to shift him to second row. just when its needed during games like in the 09 gf where he scored that try

I personally don't like Shak and Hindy on the field together as backrowers because they both play through the middle.

With Fui he is brilliant wider of the ruck but my main concern would be if he was good enough to defend well outwide and run good lines. We have seen with someone like Taylor he is good close to the line but outside of that he is near useless because he doesn't run good lines for his outside backs. IMO Kearney will go with

8 Mannah
9 MK
10 Poore
11 Hindmarsh (play as a lock)
12 Matuia (right side)
13 Lasalo/Horo/Smith/Someone we sign?

15 OHanlan
16 Shakelton (stint in the backrow for hindy and upfront)
17 Fui

Gronk

Staff member
You might have heard that Hayne set a record vs Cowboys for the number of LBA's in a single game.

No.4 on the list will play for us too..

154425-jarryd-hayne-event.jpg

hineyrulz

Post Whore
But but but but not good enough for Sticky :roll: And most of those were against Tonga who will be lining up for the Canetoads Wednesday night......

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
But but but but not good enough for Sticky :roll: And most of those were against Tonga who will be lining up for the Canetoads Wednesday night......

Yeah but ricky doesn't want a fullback that set up tries as it might distract his halves!!! the guy is a goose

lucablight

First Grade
I'm surprised there isn't more outrage about the Roberts signing. I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling he's going to be the next Finch for us.

caylo

Bench
I'm surprised there isn't more outrage about the Roberts signing. I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling he's going to be the next Finch for us.

Possibly but in saying that it allows another option at least and with Humble and Mortimer as possible back ups we are in a better position then this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1drA5WQgOz4
watch that from around the 1:55min mark and you might take that back, he has a impressive passing and short kicking game which is something we lack. With Sandow and Roberts in the team Hayne will need to learn to take a back seat in attack, play through the middle and on the edges to support the ball players.

Parra Pride

Referee

So we are going to release him after the first couple of games next year, and go on a run to the Grand Final? Good signing in that case.

oldmancraigy

Coach

We're not paying Roberts $350k a year buddy.

He's on less than half that.

So even if he sux, he ain't the next Finch!

Parraren

Bench

Dear oh dear.

We should be thanking our lucky stars K Moore is a dumbar$e and is persisting with Keating as his 5/8 over Roberts.

It has allowed us to pick up a guy that should clearly be playing first grade and at a very decent price.

The dogs are sitting higher on the ladder than they should be but the cracks are starting to get wider and wider now and the slide will continue if Moore keeps his halves pairing - they have zero creativity and Keating is a ball hog with a poor kicking game.

So, Cheers Kevin :nwave:

MrT

Juniors
Dear oh dear.

We should be thanking our lucky stars K Moore is a dumbar$e and is persisting with Keating as his 5/8 over Roberts.

It has allowed us to pick up a guy that should clearly be playing first grade and at a very decent price.

The dogs are sitting higher on the ladder than they should be but the cracks are starting to get wider and wider now and the slide will continue if Moore keeps his halves pairing - they have zero creativity and Keating is a ball hog with a poor kicking game.

as Poupou said
We re-signed Motrs so the get KK which mean't we get Ben Roberts.

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Loko
4. Tonga
5. ???????
6. Roberts
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Keating/hopefully Mcguire
10. Poore
11.Hindy
12 Lasalo - judge himm when he gets more quality ball on the edges
13.Mutua/Horo

14. Not Billy Rogers
15. Fui
16. Shack
17. Horo or Mutua

Wow we're already looking good for next year and there are more signings to come

oldmancraigy

Coach
Dear oh dear.

100% agreed!!!

KK/ Hodko are a marginally better combination than Robson/ Mortimer.

I'm not convinced that KK is better than Mortimer - and I think Morts is crap.

TheRam

Coach
Clearly we have the potential making of a very potent and affective halves combination. The question is will Roberts live up to his ability and obvious skills potential or will he remain a hot and cold player that lets you down when you need him the most due to a lack of mental toughness and not applying himself as well as he should be for the sake of a good time?

Time will tell, but if I had to make a call now, I favour him succeeding with us due to his age, maturity and shift of clubs and therefore needing to prove himself at a new club and under a new hard task master coach that I don't think will let him take any short cuts.

But then again, you can lead a eel to water, but you can't make him swim.

Latest posts