What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

Gronk

Staff member
I also have that exact same degree (which is not impressive). No masters though. The only benefit to rugby league players of that trampoline bouncing is a bit of variety and fun

The tramp thing seems to be a low impact core workout. No benefit ? On the basis that your are equally qualified (props to you), if you were in charge you wouldn’t try and improve core strength?

Learn me mate.

El Diablo

Post Whore
LOL He has a Bachelors in Exercise and Sport Science and Masters in High-Performance Sport. How about you ?

I wouldn’t know much about it all, but I know enough not to bag anyone in a field that I know absolutely nothing about.
AFL guy has a titty twister lol

Noise

Coach
The tramp thing seems to be a low impact core workout. No benefit ? On the basis that your are equally qualified (props to you), if you were in charge you wouldn’t try and improve core strength?

Learn me mate.

From what he wrote it seems he is trying to improve the strength / elasticity of the tendons (in the legs or achilles). That’s all well and good but bouncing around on a trampoline doesn’t resemble anything like the loads / impacts in a game of football. So whatever is being trained on the tramps will have negligible benefits to the loads experienced in a game situation. It’s the principle of ‘specificity’

As I suggested the fun element of playing on the tramp adds a bit of variety but you can bet your arse this isn’t something the boys do regularly.

Even if it did actually provide any real benefit (it doesn’t) it would need to be done regularly to gain said benefit. I guarantee you BA won’t have his players taking off to the trampoline place with any regularity in place of the gym/field sessions the players actually need.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
From what he wrote it seems he is trying to improve the strength / elasticity of the tendons (in the legs or achilles). That’s all well and good but bouncing around on a trampoline doesn’t resemble anything like the loads / impacts in a game of football. So whatever is being trained on the tramps will have negligible benefits to the loads experienced in a game situation. It’s the principle of ‘specificity’

As I suggested the fun element of playing on the tramp adds a bit of variety but you can bet your arse this isn’t something the boys do regularly.

Even if it did actually provide any real benefit (it doesn’t) it would need to be done regularly to gain said benefit. I guarantee you BA won’t have his players taking off to the trampoline place with any regularity in place of the gym/field sessions the players actually need.

Think you will find with that trampoline exercise, it was from several months ago and it was T/rex and Gutho (not sure who the 3rd player was) and it was part of their rehab from their ACL injuries not something all the players were doing!!!

Noise

Coach
Think you will find with that trampoline exercise, it was from several months ago and it was T/rex and Gutho (not sure who the 3rd player was) and it was part of their rehab from their ACL injuries not something all the players were doing!!!

If it was from several months ago then even better. Probably means he doesn’t even run novelty sessions any more.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If it was from several months ago then even better. Probably means he doesn’t even run novelty sessions any more.
Yep, his hiring turned out to be an absolute disaster IMO. And one of the major reasons our season has been so poor. We looked off the pace from round 1, after Penrith started to hold onto possession we never looked likely.

Gronk

Staff member
Yep, his hiring turned out to be an absolute disaster IMO. And one of the major reasons our season has been so poor. We looked off the pace from round 1, after Penrith started to hold onto possession we never looked likely.

:rolling_eyes: everyone was after the Cougar when he signed. Apparently all our players were going to get injured. Yes I’m looking at you. Now he is at Tigers and has prepared their side great. In hindsight he was OK for us too.

We get 30% of the ball in many games and our players look gassed. :rage: AFL guy has no idea etc.

Our failure to get results is a multi tiered clusterf**k of planning, retention, tactics, bad luck, confidence and good players all simultaneously out of form.

I just think that AFL guy cops it a little more than he deserves by merkins who are just throwing darts at their daily scapegoat :goat:.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:rolling_eyes: everyone was after the Cougar when he signed. Apparently all our players were going to get injured. Yes I’m looking at you. Now he is at Tigers and has prepared their side great. In hindsight he was OK for us too.

We get 30% of the ball in many games and our players look gassed. :rage: AFL guy has no idea etc.

Our failure to get results is a multi tiered clusterf**k of planning, retention, tactics, bad luck, confidence and good players all simultaneously out of form.

I just think that AFL guy cops it a little more than he deserves by merkins who are just throwing darts at their daily scapegoat :goat:.
So why has he already been replaced???? Did I say it was all his fault???? I am saying we didn't look prepared for NRL football in round 1. Deflect and spin all you like it's what you do but the club made a huge blunder in hiring this trundler. Good to see they have already realised their mistake and are in the process of moving this clown on.

Gronk

Staff member
So why has he already been replaced???? Did I say it was all his fault???? I am saying we didn't look prepared for NRL football in round 1. Deflect and spin all you like it's what you do but the club made a huge blunder in hiring this trundler. Good to see they have already realised their mistake and are in the process of moving this clown on.

I see you didn’t address the Cougar. :dart:

I’m not spinning anything. Just saying that our woes are a way too numerous for merkins to focus on one or two aspects. No you never said it was all his fault. However you love to join in with the juvenile darts comp. :dart:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I see you didn’t address the Cougar. :dart:

I’m not spinning anything. Just saying that our woes are a way too numerous for merkins to focus on one or two aspects. No you never said it was all his fault. However you love to join in with the juvenile darts comp. :dart:
Most of the blokes who have been throwing those darts have you covered, when have you ever been right on here about anything??? Noise was spot on from early on and you want call him juvenile??? Tell us all again how great a CEO is Scotty Seaweed is lol.

Gronk

Staff member
Most of the blokes who have been throwing those darts have you covered, when have you ever been right on here about anything??? Noise was spot on from early on and you want call him juvenile??? Tell us all again how great a CEO is Scotty Seaweed is lol.

Fire up merkin. :fire: ok I have never been right about anything in 12 years and Seward was my hero. Keep em coming.

B58TmY-0KJJrdxLSr_d_EYlCcNvV4xEK50Nhr_LaRgdw0WBK9bZwmZzc7T1JosxBsNgdmw=w300-h169-nc

Noise

Coach

Are you serious? The guy cops it because he prepared our team to be endurance runners not rugby league players. He focused on running technique while ignoring repeated bursts of high intensity activity. He got replaced after about 6 months so it’s well deserved criticism.

Gronk

Staff member
Are you serious? The guy cops it because he prepared our team to be endurance runners not rugby league players. He focused on running technique while ignoring repeated bursts of high intensity activity. He got replaced after about 6 months so it’s well deserved criticism.

That may well be true. Have you witnessed his training techniques at the Sale Yards or are you drawing conclusions from what happens on the field ?

strider

Post Whore
shut up and take it to the not bashing the AFL merkin thread >>>

there's no place for logic here

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That may well be true. Have you witnessed his training techniques at the Sale Yards or are you drawing conclusions from what happens on the field ?
He’s been replaced, what does that tell you??? He’s doing a good job??? You only have to watch the team and see how far off the pace we were early doors.

Noise

Coach

I’ve been told by someone much more qualified than myself what the overall training goals were.